The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should I purchase ghostface?

I'm 50/50 about doing so because i'm afraid that the devs will nerf him even more in the future which makes me hesitant about buying him because I don't want to waste money on a potential weak killer.

Answers

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    edited June 2019

Yes, I'm currently in Purple Ranks, I'm maining him now actually. With GF like @ClogWench said you have to have good situational awareness, good game sense, and a solid grasp on mindgames because your stealth will amplify your mindgaming ability. Especially in Jungle Gyms.

With his power, stalk when necessary and try to move around unnoticed. However, don't get too caught up in stalking. If you can sneak a hit do it.

His lack of map pressure is also deceiving, because of a zero TR, he can be any where if undetected.

I enjoy him very much even after this hotfix I'm getting consistent results.

Good luck to you. Oh and yes you can grab someone off a gen while crouching.

Good luck :)

• cwtfern
    cwtfern Member Posts: 136

He's fun to mess around with, but he's definitely not a strong killer. Part of me wants to say you shouldn't buy him to send a message, but you do you.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    edited June 2019

Before his nerfs, he was a decent mid tier killer, but now I wouldn't, his perks are average and his ability is just too easy too pull him out of for any use besides maybe 99% people and one tap them, but those are few and far between. If you want an M1 killer who's power is helpful sometimes, he's the dude, but you would be better of with someone like Pig or Trapper.

• neKHira
    neKHira Member Posts: 5

GF is very fun to play as him and against him. Not OP or majesticly weak. Even after the hotfix, GF still good. I usually using gen control perks like Overcharge, Ruin (ofc..), PGTW + NC(seriously all survivor almost always using Self Care). I'm currently at purple rank and still get 4k sometime with this setup.

So, yeah, buy it i guess?

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

Personally really like him. Gotta pick your moments carefully when to go into Night Shroud and try to catch people off guard.

Watch some videos and game-play of him on Twitch and see if he would fit your play style.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Currently at Rank 1, the whole "downed and hooked survivors knock you out" is really rough. His perks aren't great. I'm All Ears is okay though. Thrilling Tremors needs to be on a shorter cooldown to be useful. Furtive Chase just sucks though, it's like a poor man's M&A. His power is alright, he needs a boost to something while he's in it or out of it. Like Myers is Tier 3 with his faster vault and better lunge. Stalking is rough because Survivors abuse the crap out of the 3rd person camera. I wouldn't buy him if you expect him to be viable at high ranks, though admittedly, he FEELS fun as hell.

• stalker
    stalker Member Posts: 14

currently my main. bought the demon ghostface outfit set. but he is weak on red ranks, mid tier in purple.

Is he fun?

He sure as hell is. his playstyle and look is just really good and im pretty sure survivors love going against him as well (i do)

Is he strong?

not even ######### near that #########. needs buffs but devs nerf him. he is a m1 killer atm.

Should you buy it?

If you are playing for high kill games and going for ranks. then no. but if you're playing to have fun then yes. he is probably the most fun killer imo

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

It's a subjective matter. I suggest looking for some videos on youtube or twitch so you do have an idea on how it works and what you can do with him! Sadly (or luckily, depends on your take on it) no content is exempt from being balanced at a later time..

• EllionBDT
    EllionBDT Member Posts: 1

Definitely not. Devs will nerf him like Legion - from middle tier killer to trash.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

Never buy a new staff.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Yes, you should

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Yes but please don't play him like Myers. I've seen too many people just walk up to survivors and try to stalk like Myers. It's better to use his power for mind games, only stalk if you know you can pull it off.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

Unless, of course, you're trying to find survivors. Shroud yourself in the middle of a field, and survivors will just keep staring, even while you use it to track them down. Quick and easy hits on "stealth" survivors pretty much constantly.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

I tried using my shards to buy GF only to find there is no option to purchase him that way, is that intentional?

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

Yes, as of now licensed killers cannot be purchased with shards, but only with auric cells (or via steam store).

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Well until the uk government stops screwing over people with disabilities i won't be able to afford him.

• cwtfern
    cwtfern Member Posts: 136

Confirmation of no change in spite of resounding disapproval from the community. Sad days.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

He's fun but not the strongest, don't rely on stalking because often survivors will notice you and run away, rely more on the fact that you have no terror radius when Night Shroud is active

I don't recommend using him at high ranks or against SWF, often if they are SWF one of them will start following you around to nullify your power whenever you activate it, so it can get frustrating

I just wish more killers were viable at high ranks :(

• TwistedSegaGamer
    TwistedSegaGamer Member Posts: 109

Honestly despite some similarities with a handful of killers. He really stands out on his own. You simply have no idea how fun it actually is stalking people as him.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited July 2019

He is depressingly weak. Survivors glance at you and you're on a cripplingly long cooldown.

His stalking takes a VERY long time to work, so if you even want to make use of it, you're basically locked into the same add ons every match.

When a survivor is marked, he gains no benefit against them besides exposed. This means any survivor with two braincells to rub together negates your power entirely with a couple of pallets. At no point in the game is he ever stronger than any other M1 killer. If your power is broken you can use it in a chase, but if you're wasting 30 seconds waiting for a cooldown to win one chase, you've already lost.

He puts 0 pressure on unmarked targets (ie, at least when Myers hits T3 other survivors are at risk) so they are free to sit on gens as much as they like.

He is punished for succeeding, downed and hooked survivors create enormous areas on the map where your power is non-functional, and if you try to use it when you THINK you're out of range, you're on another 30 second cooldown. This is particularly notable with his Ultra Rare add on which grants aura reading when you down a mark, which is entirely redundant when you cannot use that information to sneak up on someone, as the downed mark instantly reveals you.

His perks are laughable. Not once is there a time any feels remotely useful. They are legitimately the worst set of teachables on any character to date.