The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New game mode: Collision

TrueKn1ghtmar3
TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

How the game mode works is other than the ranked mode you have a separate mode called collision,

Collision would implement something many survivors and killers have wanted for a while a killer team up with more survivors.

*collision occurs with two exactly identical maps but separated by the entity except for a few spots where killers and survivors can see everyone within range (maybe killers can always see each other)

*generators are always a collision spot for a few meters surrounding

*Every so often (based on match progression gen completion or time in match) new collision spots open and or grow until both maps are fully collided for an all out hunt for the last survivors.

*survivors within collision spots can assist survivors from the other trial as long as both are within the collision zone.

Any ideas to improve and get this idea to the devs would be appreciated.

Comments

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Forgot to mention due to balancing issues this could take place on larger maps with more gens needing to be completed

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

There could be a lore reason to combine two different realms.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Well it is confirmed some killers do interact with each other and wraith and nurse are apparently a thing

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@TrueKn1ghtmar3

While yes that is true, I mean in a game mode like this, there could be a way to have two realms together and combined to make a larger map, there is plenty of lore related reasons on how that could happen.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    edited May 2019

@Shad03

I never really liked the idea of two small maps joining into a large one the idea seems clunky to me plus one side could have survivors who gen rush causing an imbalance that's why I figured identical large maps that slowly merge into one (like they were overlayed and survivor hope or something like that causes holes to appear between the two trials) the gens would be collision zones so both killers could defend the larger number of gens.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

This is an idea I like building of the 2 killers vs 8 survivors mode but more structured if that makes sense I like it.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Edit: While looking it over I realized hooks and totems were not mentioned in the design,

*hooks are trial specific (unless within a collision zone) meaning. Only survivors from your side of the trial can unhook a survivor from your side of the trial (the entity will block that hook within the other side)

*hexes/hex perks: dull totems are not collision zones (however if a survivor breaks one on one side the corresponding dull totem becomes broken on the other side. Hex totems are hidden for the other trial by the entity unless both killers are running the same hex perk in which case both perks are tied to the same totem and it becomes a collision zone. Survivors do not spawn within X meters of a collision zone hex. (Sorry couldn't think of a good range to keep survs away from the hex to avoid someone appearing and vanishing the first few seconds of the match to tip others off to the location of the hex)

• ghostkiller666
    ghostkiller666 Member Posts: 85

wow i just created a thread talking about this, but i'm waiting for hours to the staff publish it, we have the same base idea which is a new game style, not replacing but adding it, but i did not understood urs heheehe

do u mean like another dimension connecting two hosts? like: "however if a survivor breaks one on one side the corresponding dull totem becomes broken on the other side" ...

but whats the point?

----------------------------------

@KillermainBTWm8, i just created a thread talking about exactly that, i didn`t thought people were talking about this already, when it`s published go there and consider my idea, say what u think

"This is an idea I like building of the 2 killers vs 8 survivors mode but more structured if that makes sense I like it."

• ghostkiller666
    ghostkiller666 Member Posts: 85

wow i just created a thread talking about this, but i'm waiting for hours to the staff publish it, we have the same base idea which is a new game style, not replacing but adding it, but i did not understood urs heheehe

do u mean like another dimension connecting two hosts? like: "however if a survivor breaks one on one side the corresponding dull totem becomes broken on the other side" ...

but whats the point?

----------------------------------

@KillermainBTWm8, i just created a thread talking about exactly that, i didn`t thought people were talking about this already, when it`s published go there and consider my idea, say what u think

"This is an idea I like building of the 2 killers vs 8 survivors mode but more structured if that makes sense I like it."

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

@ghostkiller666 the point is that once both sides fully combine the dull totem would look broke to one surv but not another of it didn't break on both sides and no it wouldn't be two hosts it would be after dedicated servers, therefore, neither killer would be the host

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

That's an original way to implement multiple killers and survivors. Very cool concept!

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Thank you it creates a balanced feel and a desperate need to get out in the end XD

• Holijay
    Holijay Member Posts: 178

I want the killers to fight in the endgame.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

So any remaining surv could have free escape?

• Holijay

No. You can still kill survivors, but there is a backstabbing element that rewards a killer more bloodpoints. If the killers don't fight to the death survivors are rewarded.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    edited June 2019

Haha i picture the killers fighting eachother and the survivors as instigaters or fans. Like boxing or something and the survivors are cheering on their favorite killer. I do like this idea though of bringing to maps together and the collision aspect. This would be an intense gamemode that would be so very fun to play.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Thanks for the feedback i just hope the devs see this lmao

• Holijay

Yeah, exactly. I am thinking of those moments in movies, t-rex vs raptor, godzilla vs blablabla, predetor vs alien, freddy vs jason that potentially save the humans, yet feels epic.