Revert Matchmaking

Options
Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

Please as the title suggests to save us all a headache and just revert the matchmaking please.

I prefer to play killer but right now it takes such a long time to even get a match as one. Just revert the matchmaking, I'm sure you all have enough data to analyze over these past 2 weeks to get ready for dedicated servers.

I've almost been forced to play Survivor when I don't want to just because as killer I have to wait an absurd amount of time. It's ridiculous. I don't mean to sound so mean but seriously just revert this matchmaking multiple people have spoken out and said the queue times are longer, it makes no sense to wait for 15 minutes when the actual match is over in less than 5....

Comments

• Gardenia
    Options

Not that I don't believe you, but is it possible the devs can pull up statistics of this past 2 weeks so we can have a visual?

And please, I don't mean to sound a bad way but is it possible we can remain on releasing chapters as 1 Survivor, and 1 killer to keep stuff like this from happening again, this was terrible to experience.... Especially right after the event.

I know the intent was to keep people engaged, but as we can both see, unfortunately it was counterintuitive lol

• Gardenia
    Options

Thank you so much, I really appreciate you taking time out to listen to my concerns and hopefully they take this as constructive criticism nothing negative when you choose to tell them

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,450
    Options

You are welcome and don't worry, constructive criticism is always welcomed.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

@ABannedCat

Apparently it worked the same way as it does now, it looks for survivors and once it finds them it creates a lobby and waits for them to join, with too many killers and too few survivors now it takes forever to find survivors to create a lobby

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275
    Options

Nothing to do with matchmaking, the numbers of people playing dont add up.

Too many wants to play easy bp-farm games as killer.

While less and less wants to play survivor with their nerfed perks and lower bp-farm.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@jeyers the amount of bloodpoints you earn per hour is roughly the same.

Now with the event, killers even get less points per hour, because of the long queues.

• Tsulan
    Options

@altruistic are you 9 hours afk as survivor?

• Tsulan
    Options

@brokedownpalace why am i the only one who has to proof his statement?

Everyone else pulls ridiculous numbers out of thin air, and no one questions it.

MCote himself was asked which side gets more points, the answer was, that both sides get roughly the same amount.

But don´t make me search that stream, because i guarantee you, that people will say the stream is dated.

Fact is, that survivors can make points in 4 categories. Same goes for killers. While the survival category is hard to max, the overall amount of points is almost the same. Of course, this requires the survivors to interact with the killer. Chases, unhooks, heals, totems and not only gens.

If survivors spend the whole match crouching behind a tree, instead of unhooking or doing gens, than they won´t leave that match with many points.

• Tsulan
    Options

@brokedownpalace Here´s a screenshot of my last match

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156
    Options

I average around 10 mins a wait as a killer right now for a game. And as I stream it everyone can see how long it takes.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Is it possible for survivors to make similar or more amounts of BP than the killer? Yes. But it is not common and my and many others' experiences. So for you to claim that the two roles make the same amount per hour I'd honestly need to see like statistics from the devs to believe that. Nothing against you personally, it's just very much in contrast to what I normally see.

• Tsulan
    Options

@brokedownpalace if the survivor plays bad, he dies, earns little points and moves on to the next match. If the killer is bad, he can´t leave early. He has to stay until all 4 are dead or left.

Individually speaking, there are bad matches and good matches. But the blood point gain per HOUR is roughly the same.

The 4 survivors can agree to use offerings to increase the points. The killer has no vote on that matter. He can burn his offering and has to hope, that survivors don´t dc early.

You can also use perks to increase your earned blood points. It´s all there, you just have to use it.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

Then why is it I can't find any lobbies as survivor either??

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Those are fair points. Especially about the killer having to stay in a match when a survivor who dies moves on, sometimes much more quickly.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    edited June 2019
    Options

rank reset is the biggest problem here. why is there even one if there is no reward? just remove it! only thing you do with that is to split the playerbase every month.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Options

It’s terrible, but they know it’s terrible. We tell them every time they go back to this doodoo matchmaking but they still go back

I love queuing for ten minutes just to get into a lobby with one survivor and waiting more for others to join

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

I swear everyone keeps saying the devs are driving killers away from the game, seems there's more than ever.

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275
    Options

It's actually the opposite.

Survivors finding other more fun games to play.

• Seanzu
    Options

Don't tell the killers from the forum that, they swear blind that they're all leaving.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

If survivors have a long queue = KILLERS ARE LEAVING THIS GAME IN DROVES!

If killers have a long queue = MATCH MAKING IS BROKEN!

Pretty much sums up the narrative this forum pushes. Meanwhile only masochists play solo survivor and killer players campaign against whatever's left of SWF regularly on the forums. Sad.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

They need to add incentives for players to play the otherside when there is a shortage.

I think someone made that suggestion over 3 years ago.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

Survivor is being a gen jockey or a hook jockey, neither one is very interesting to play.

How many new players did we retain from the free weekends?

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265
    Options

I would disagree, or at least for PS4. I had no problem getting matches through every other event they have done since Myers release. That's when I bought the game. Que times were 5 mins tops, and that was considered waiting long. Most matches started within 2-3 mins. Ever since the last update, something was a miss or got changed and the servers are screwed now. I have tried to play the last 3 days, got 1 match and took almost 30 mins to get there. All others were waiting to get a lobby for 15-25 mins, then I get in, and only 3 survivors. It won't let a fourth in. Someone leaves tho, and someone else new joins their place, but never get the fourth player. This IS a big issue right now. I would really like to play and enjoy the new content I spent my $ on to play.

• Seanzu
    Options

the unfortunate truth is there is too many killers, weird that there is so many killers when the forum knows that devs only cater to survivors.

• Riddick
    Riddick Member Posts: 121
    Options
  • Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

Right now, it makes the most sense for heavy grinders to grind this event by playing killer. Once the event is over and people burn all their excess cakes, the queues will get at least a little better. I'm predicting better killer queues the Monday after 4th of July; since I expect people to burn all their extra cakes on killer on the 4th of July weekend.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

I really wish people would stop trying to blame bad queues for roles they don't play on things they don't like that "the other side" does. Even on the extremely rare occasion where it's accurate, it's almost exactly as helpful as declaring the game dead (it's not lol).

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696
    Options

This happens when they do a stand alone survivor or killer, since it was a ghost face only deal with no map or survivors, there are way more killers, although this is the biggest killer to survivor diffrence I've seen ever

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249
    Options

Seriously!? There are two more survivors than killers (one if you're on console). Personally, survivors need a rework on window vault mechanics, particularly during a chase (I'm looking at you, Billy), and penalties to players that don't help others during gameplay should be addressed. I can't tell you how many times killers have been able to hit me after I'm already well through the window. It's like we traded the pallet vacuum for a window vacuum in favor of Killer attacks. Mostly, I think that players that spend too long away from other players, don't help people off hooks, and don't help heal should be docked points and pips, but that's just me.

• bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351
    Options

The devs are awdully incompetent. Dedicated servers will fix nothing.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636
    Options

I asked the devs a question about population-balance years ago and their reply was unhelpful. This is unlikely to change.

It is perfectly valid to say that the current issues with match-making have little to do with population-balance: even as a survivor about half of the time there is a considerable wait in the lobby, which wouldn't be the case if lobbies were only being created when four survivors were being found, as is said of the current system.

• Ttwylerr
    Ttwylerr Member Posts: 106
    Options

Nah the matchmaking is perfect now since it forces killers to play instead of abusing lobby dodging. Killers earned this.

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216
    Options

People need to stop saying it’s because to many people are playing killer. That is simply not true.

Solo queues for survivor are also ridiculous 

And for killer, it’s not like the killer is waiting in a lobby for people to join. Killers are waiting 15-25 minutes to MAKE a lobby. Which doesn’t make any sense at all.

I’m red rank in both survivor and killer. And that is my fault. I had 2 hours this morning to play games and I only got 2 survivors games in. Granted 30 minutes of that was waiting to make a lobby for killer, only to get stuck in a 3 man lobby afterwards, but still... that’s over an hour to play 2 games of survivor. 

The game isn’t dead (I don’t think) and it has nothing to do with people playing killer. Queue times are just really #########. There is no reason killers should be put into a queue to make a lobby. There is no purpose unless when you finish that queue you have 4 survivors. But you don’t, survivors trickle in 1 at a time.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited June 2019
    Options

You need four survivors per killer to start a lobby. It doesn't matter whether you'll be waiting in the menu screen or the lobby screen. You'll still wait the same amount of time.

It is completely invalid to claim it is not due to population imbalance. You have no data and no proof. The devs tell you it's due to a population imbalance. Steam server trackers tell you it's a population imbalance. Yet you sit here and deny this. Matchmaking is your boogeyman.

The fact of the matter is that there are simply more killers than survivors for an even ratio, let alone high rank balance. But I'm not going to whine about how it's the dev's fault for driving one side away, like some people regularly do on this forum.

Right now, we have 3 survivors per 1 killer in US East. In lobbies, not waiting to make a room. Let that sit with you for a minute.

• ArecBalrin
    Options

It's ok for survivors abusing lobby-dodging and being rewarded with SWF getting added, but when killers do it they must be punished.

But of course, killers have no reason to complain. Ever.

• ArecBalrin
    Options

This doesn't answer anything that I've said. At all.

It's four survivors needed, just to start a lobby, yet lobbies are starting with less than four. As a survivor, I am joining lobbies which then still have a wait, some of them very long. The 'evidence' you're providing supports MY point, not anything to the contrary. Those people are in lobbies, waiting.

What is invalid is to characterise my expressed view as a 'claim'. I am not trying to persuade anyone else; people can make their own minds up. I am expressing disbelief at the claims I am being asked to believe, with little or no evidence supporting them. I think to say no one knows what is going on and what we're being asked to believe isn't credible is simply fair-comment.

• Ttwylerr
    Options

Survivor's didn't get rewarded being able to party up was already planned even before release. Next time you wanna try to be snarky towards someone make sure you got your research right. ;)

• ArecBalrin
    Options

The devs said in a stream just after release that they would never allow premades into ranked match-making, giving the exact same reasons that it would be impossible to balance the game then. This was livestream #6, the only one they do not have archived on their Youtube channel(I wonder why).

What's your evidence that it was always planned? Everyone who was following the game at the time knows what the devs said regarding 'no premades in ranked play ever'.

• Ttwylerr
    Options

And yet only a little later they admitted that they had already been working on the code for it but didn't have it ready at launch. It's funny since it was killer mains who actually showed me that.

• ArecBalrin
    Options

Is October 2018 'a little later' then? This is ages after the fact and after they said in unambigious words in June 2016 that 'premades will never be allowed in ranked play'.

To say 'they worked on the code' is a sleight of hand, because of course they did: the game shippled with Kill Your Friends, which needs much of the same code.