Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

a small Corrupt Intervention change/buff

Mat_Sella
Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553
edited June 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Part of Corrupt Intervention's weakness is that you can easily read it as a survivor. The moment the game starts the gens are blocked, and even if you dont see the Entity block them, you can hear the noise created when they do get blocked. Thus making survivors go in Immersion Mode.

My suggested change is to make it so that the blocked gens look like they can be worked on, until you get close enough (4 meters?), in which the Entity will quickly block it, possibly spooping the survivor at the same time.

Some might be wondering, is that really a benefit though? well, when you see a gen from far away and run to it, it'll be a waste of quite a few seconds if that gen ends up being blocked all due to the survivor being bamboozled into thinking they can work on it.

All that potential wasted time could then place the perk in a better position to rival Ruin in terms of early game strength. (because lets be real, totem placements suck in most maps. A good portion of us can find them rather easily)

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Sounds like nice change for me.

Also, I see many killers using this perk badly. If you want to protect Gens with that, you need to camp opened Gens until time's up. Otherwise, it's waste of perk slot because Survivors still and will do Gens if you leave them. That will make your perk almost worthless.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

For my opinion, Corrupt intervention works best on killers who need that 2 minutes to get going. You wanna sit in the bushes for 2 minutes? Be my guest. Imma just gonna be over here spending 2 minutes placing traps with Trapper/Hag/ or possibly the new Freddy.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

I like the idea. Would definitely spook some unaware survivors! 😁

• su11yboy
    su11yboy Member Posts: 38

Definitely like this idea. Could also be really good if for the Killer gens aura change color to show they've been blocked indicating a nearby survivor.

For example the 4 closest gens would show red as normal, the 3 furthest would show white to indicate they'll be blocked. And if a survivor *triggers* the Entity to block them they could change to yellow auras. This would help because I'm sometimes required to go check the blocked gens because 2-4 of the survivors are just crouching waiting for the gen to be unblocked, making this an almost pointless perk.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

wow, that's actually a really great idea, thanks for the contribution!