The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Does anyone actually LIKE playing against the Doctor?

Atrushan88
Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

I feel like he's just extremely annoying rather than scary or stressful to play against. He doesn't feel very fun to play against at all. I'd rather play against a Nurse. I don't think he's overpowered or anything, just really unfun.

Comments

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

I tend to play stealth and I welcome any doc games as a challenge.

Also no killer is "scary"

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328

There are many things in this game that are unfun to face. Doctor isn`t the worst of them.

• zenvo
    zenvo Member Posts: 1

Doctor personally annoys me

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

He is fun killer to go against but he is weak imo

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

The ones that purposely steer the game toward a three gen strat are the most annoying. I don't like hour long matches.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

He is more of an annoyance than anything. I’d rather go against a Doctor than A LOT of other killers.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

He sucks so I don't really care.

Kind of annoying but not strong.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Then you haven't played against a good Myers, GF, or Spirit...or killer with tinkerer while working on the first gen.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Have you ever escaped a doc without ever being in T1 madness?

• Atrushan88

@MegMain98 That's my feeling exactly, except I'd rather face other killers. He's not really someone I care about facing because he's just an annoyance. His passive making skillchecks a bit more difficult is the only thing I find interesting about him.

@Dragonredking A GhostFace or Myers can definitely be scary. Sure, they lose that after you find out who they are, although that first jump scare is generally always a rush.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited June 2019

What's that got to do with there being no scary killers?

Also: yes. But only when they didn't know how their power worked and I was new to the game.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

I like facing Doctors, but i can say there are some really annoying builds that can make it less fun if not annoying. This is true with others killers too though.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,095

I like facing doctor, though nobody plays him at red ranks and if they do, they lose almost all the time. It's fun when you loop him for 5 generators.you never said what's annoying/unfun about him, but his power is largely very useless even with pink add-on.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

yes

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I don't mind it. Everything that's required is survivors with foresight, so they don't 3-gen us against one.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

I love looping Doctors for 5 generators and see them ragequit as soon as the EGC timer appears on screen.

• BeanieBoyBob
    BeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354

I M P O S S I B L E S K I L L C H E C K S

• MegMain98

@Atrushan88 I’m never excited about facing Doctor but he is pretty weak and extremely loopable. He is very annoying due to the charcters screaming all the time and the passive skillchecks but it isn’t anything horrible.

When you have killers like Nurse, Billy, and Spirit roaming around in high ranks...Doctor is a nice change.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

He can be annoying but I don't hate facing him.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

The only thing I don't like about him is how much he lags my game.

I'll readily admit that I am an atrocious Survivor, but I still enjoy the challenge that Herman provides. Especially given my usual stealth playstyle.

• Atrushan88

@MegMain98 I don't have trouble facing him, he's just not fun. His power is extremely annoying and hard to dodge(You can dodge it, but it's not easy when you don't even know where it'll go), but it's pretty pointless overall. It's basically just a power to prevent you from doing stuff, or interrupt you while doing something.

@Devil_hit11 Just his power in general: interrupting actions, revealing you when you're near him for him doing absolutely nothing, etc. It isn't really a GOOD power, but it's really annoying when playing against it. Doctor feels to me like the weakest killer, but also the most un-fun to face. I know people like to say Freddy is the worst, but I've definitely won more games against the Doc than Freddy, and they always seemed easier. Although tbf I don't see Freddy a lot.

• MegMain98

@Atrushan88 I can absolutely agree because I have a lot of killers that I despise going against even if their power is not very powerful. I personally hate going against Legion and Pig even though they are toward the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the tier list. I would much rather go against a killer like Hag or Michael Myers even though they are stronger.

Doctor on the other hand is very irritating because his power keeps you from doing your objectives. He isn’t very fun to go against but at least he isn’t a complete bore to go against like Hillbilly.

• MdsTheGriffin
    MdsTheGriffin Member Posts: 38

I think he is very unfun to go against because he can literally hold down his shock, and get ANYONE in his radius without even knowing where they are. I really, really, think he would be way more fun to go against, and maybe play as, if he had to have a visual on a survivor, to give them insanity. He is super annoying to go against and I think if they did something to change his shock so it doesn't affect you just because you are in his radius, it would be better. That could just be me and my "Entitled Survivor Main Brain" though, so yeah.. Other than that, he isnt strong... he is just super annoying to go against. He isnt even close to being a high tier killer.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

If it's on the game, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

But on every other maps, I like facing him. Mainly because I can actually loop him. (one time, I looped him for 3 gens on Haddon, someone distracted him enough for me to wiggle off, and he just chased that other person. Sure I had BL, but as a rank 12 at that time, I take that as a massive win.)

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125
    edited June 2019

As long as I get to stun him once I'm happy. He sounds happy about it too lol

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887
  • Atrushan88

@Mrs_Fairfield Omg I love that, lol.

• QuestionedTurkey
    QuestionedTurkey Member Posts: 20

The doctor is actually my a favorite killer to go against! he’s creepy as hell and i love him!

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 669

doctor is fine to me! i'm honestly kind of sad that i don't play against him as much as i do with other killers. i suppose he dropped in popularity a bit?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I don’t mind him.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Not really, you should actually like going vs doc, because of how easy he is to loop, his power doesn't even work 75% of the time.The only time I get frustrated is if it's 3 gen doc with overcharge and unnerving but other than that he's fine.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I had a match on Lerys (random map) when I was playing my Sniper Doc build. I did not do this intentionally but by the end of the game I was able to stand in one room and hit all three gens while standing still. It was broken (but also very rare). I ended up just having fun and we farmed.

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125

Definitely mom. I'm too old to be married to Dwight, but I am very concerned if he's eating properly.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

I'm crazy enough to main Calm Spirit, so Doctor is typically fine. Everyone else is running around screaming their heads off, I'm just lazily doing gens because Doctor players rely a lil too much on their static telling them where people are

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I do.

Something about his power feels interactive to me.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

i don't mind doctor at all provided he's not 3genning

although this patch there's this weird audio effect whenever he shocks you and it's making him seriously unpleasant to play against

aside from that, he's cool

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218

I just try to stay far away from him while he zaps other survivors into madness. Most Doctors will waste too much time doing this and not bothering to hook anyone. They also tend to focus on one survivor trying to make them nuts and non functional. This gives others time to find a safe area to work on a gen. It's worked for me most games. Just try not to get his attention in any way.