Spirit OP? Let's ask the audience...

Options

Is she fun or is she Op?

I am a P3 spirit main who pours all their bloodpoints into her so that I always have a ridiculous amount of add-ons and offerings that many on these forums consider op. Things in the realm of Prayer Beads, Yakuyoke Amulets, Ebony Mori, Ivory Mori, Mother Daughter Ring all with perks such as A Nurse's Calling, BBQ And Chili, Monitor'n'Abuse, NOED, Whispers, Ruin, Devour Hope, etc. Added upon that, I can equip a BLS, GG, SBOfP or a ward to keep it all for longer. Double blood point weekends just replenish my stock. I'm in red ranks consistently and average a 3-4k with hatch plays being the primary means of escape.

I can reliably hit survivors healthy or injured due to hearing the loud breathing and other sounds in and out of chase. Scratch marks are not as useful as sound so using stealth perks such as Iron Will, Urban Evasion, and others that deal with scratch marks aren't so effective. After that, if I suspect that Premonition or Spine Chill is in use, I am using phase erratically all over the map to effectively haunt hotspots all while not looking at my intended target.

I really enjoy the overpowering mindgames and intense agro playstyle that the spirit has to offer in the high ranks of dead by daylight where more run complete builds and strata.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I don't think she is however I may be biased because I main her as well :P

• Hatty
    Hatty Member Posts: 121
    Options

I love facing against Spirits and playing Spirit aswell, and yes, i feel she is OP aswell, and with the right perks? oh man

Best of it is that if you can play her well, you can be good with every other killer aswell due to your newly developed sonic-ear

I realized almost no one knows how does she behaves, sometimes if you try to bait people, they think you dc'd and then call you "lag switcher" when you appear behind them lol

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

wouldn't call her op but i would call her poor killer design

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571
    Options

Please, we don't need spirit to be touch again by BHVR, nothing is OP about her

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

spirit with double ultra rare add-ons -> not op

spirit with a very rare add-on called prayer beads -> op

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

OP? No, I think she's the most overrated killer in the game. Her base kit is a bit lacking and stealth/juking perks such as iron will and spine chill turn her into a joke.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

She's just a viable and fun killer to play as and against

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    edited June 2019
    Options

How well do you do without any add-ons?

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

She's not even remotely op.

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429
    Options

She's definitely not fun to play against, I'd put her in A tier with Hillbilly just a step below Nurses S tier. Like hillbilly or nurse the match just turns into an unhook fest back and forth.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 567
    Options

she is where she should be. all these comments about prayer beads. ######### man. what because she can get the drop on you with one item? ######### lol ... and to those who are on about a nerf with one item like that. no. more killers should be her level.

• Knayter
    Knayter Member Posts: 117
    Options

a base spirit with good ear is scary, but just like a nurse, but then the addon is what make both of these killers broken

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

Without Iron Will, you're done for. Even with Iron Will, it becomes a coin toss in favor of The Spirit.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

I don't mind going against her, and when I play her I try to avoid being that annoying

• Ghostingmyteammates
    Ghostingmyteammates Member Posts: 216
    Options

She is in the right position and no changes are required to her.

She is the only killer that bhvr managed to now screw over.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options

thats why you run spine chill with those ridiculous amount of Spirit in high ranks :D

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Options

I dont think she's op but I don't like going against spirits. It takes the fun out of the chase and makes it a guessing game which is fine for some but I dont enjoy it.

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216
    Options

Lots of people bringing up prayer beads. I assume a lot of them are truetalent sheep. 

Not to say they are wrong, prayer beads are insane. And this is going to sound quite silly, but if you are having a hard time against a gen grab spirit, just gen tap. Even if there is no ruin. Just gen tap.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited June 2019
    Options

I like playing vs Spirits.

If Spirit is using Prayer Beads, thats when I kill myself on hook or dc depending the situation.

Edit: Just had a game vs Spirit with Prayer Beads and kinda expected result in post game lobby.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Overall no, I don't think so. With Wakizashi, Prayer Beads, and Amulet though, I would say she becomes overpowered.

And yeah the fact that so many people hate facing her I would say makes her not fun to face either.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

The problem is she is not consistent.

Its all a guessing game with her.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

@miaasma

Alright, I am going to speak for a lot of Spirit mains when I say this, but they have to predict your movement to get a hit. Depending on some circumstances, that can be easy or hard. Sorry to tell you the bad news, but the reason why you are getting hit is because you are being really predictable.

Imagine this scenario: You are in a chase with a Spirit, and you dropped a pallet in front of her. Uh oh, she is not moving after you dropped the pallet, so you are left with these options:

1. Stay where you are.
    2. Vault the pallet.
    3. Walk away from the pallet.
    4. Run to the next pallet loop.

The Spirit player can do these things:

1. Stay where she's at and not phase.
    2. Phase around the loop.
    3. Phase to the next loop.
    4. Break the pallet.

Somethings like being injured will make it harder to conceal yourself, but most survivors run Iron Will anyways. You have to adapt to her playstyle as the game continues on. For example: If she always picks option 2, then you'll know later on to pick option 2.

• miaasma
    edited June 2019
    Options

cool but i was specifically referring to gen grabs/hits against prayer beads spirit so i dunno why you typed this to me

• NMCKE
    edited June 2019
    Options

@miaasma

Well, just gen-tap when you know she's not in a chase with someone and you'll be fine! I'm not saying they are balanced or not, but just telling you that there is counter play. :)

Edit: Make sure to @ me because quotes don't notify people.

• miaasma
    Options

"just gen tap" lol thanks for the advice

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    Options

Look for crows flying away and grass moving. Those are signs that she is coming. On the game map, she makes a stomping noise. Not as loud when she's phasing but you can still hear it if you listen closely. Spirit is fine as is and so is Prayer Beads. Don't start trying to nerf killers again, otherwise, we'll do the same to your add-ons.

• miaasma
    Options

spirit doesn't make grass move and crows are unreliable

her footsteps are barely audible and cannot be heard next to gen sounds

prayer beads are not fine, stop defending them

• NMCKE
    Options

@miaasma

It's something to keep in mind, and you don't have to gen-tap when she's chasing someone. Just use context clues as the game continues. :)

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

I just had to use them long enough for the gen grab achievement to realise how bullshit they are lol. I just ended up letting everyone go when doing it, it's one of the cheapest builds I've ever played.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options

They should remove prayer breads and then maybe will be balanced

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Options

Try Spine Chill and Iron Will against a Spirit.

See how much fun you can have.

She is a good killer and the only thing that makes her op are survivors unwilling to adjust or trying some non meta perks.

• miaasma
    Options

using perks is not counterplay

if something cannot be countered through in-game means, it is not balanced

prayer beads has no counterplay

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Deny her the mindgames and she's weak as hell.