Hatch escape points

Hatch escape points for some reason go to Objectives category.

Just finished game when I escaped through hatch and my Objective points were already maxed out. 2k points from hatch escape were wasted.

Why the hell those points assigned into Objective?

It should Survival or Boldness, but it is definitely NOT Objective.

Devs, fix this!

@Peanits @not_Queen

Comments

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156

Errr... Isn't the entire idea of survivors is to I don't know... Escape as a primary goal... Or Objective as its called? I think its fine in that category.

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393
    edited July 2019

@Gcarrara @AsheruSwiftwind

You probably should read better. 2k extra points that were wasted, completely, cause I've already maxed my points by doing objectives - generators.

Escape is NOT Objective, it is Goal. You need to do Objective to reach the Goal. If you fail to understand it, please consider not to comment

When you escape through gates - you get points in Survival category. Escape counts as Survival, obviously.

Escaping through Hatch is NOT an Objective by any means. You dont need to escape through it, like you need yo do gens.

2k Hatch points should be Survival category, or at least Boldness, since escaping through Hatch can be dangerous, or in chase.

@Peanits @not_Queen

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156

Errr... I can read just fine and no your main goal is Gens and Escape. There are killers who easily max certain points early on and we don't get anything for continuing to do what our goal is. The whole reason there is a max on actions is so you don't run wild with points.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

The hatch is optional so it goes into objectives.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Someone is angry LULs

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

Personally, I don't think the hatch should give 2k extra points at all, just the normal 5k for survival.

• Frozenscum
    edited July 2019

@KillermainBTWm8

So I presume generators are optional too if they go to Objective, following your logic? Precisily because Hatch is optional it should NOT be in Objective.

@AsheruSwiftwind

Goal is Escape, generators are Objectives you need to do to reach your goal. It is not my goal to repair generators, it is necessity on the way to reach goal.

I dont know how to explain better such obvious things tbh.

@TheBean

I'm not angry, I'm just trying to explain obvious things to ppl who refuse to understand it. It is a bit hard.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

I think the hatch should give ONLY the 2k "Hatch escape" score. Zthey didnt do generators or open the gates, they didnt achieve a normal "Escape".

• Frozenscum

You dont count cases when survivor especially awaits at hatch when gates are opened. This will deny them 3k points at least.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

If they want the escape points, leave through the gates,

if killers want sacrifice points, they dont bleed out srvivors or mori them.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

@Raptorrotas I'd be fine with giving only 2k points if the gens weren't completed. If the gens were completed, they should get the normal 5k points; they're still missing out on the Gate Opening points, but the objective was completed. In neither case are bonus points deserved, though. The hatch should be a consolation, never something the survivors aspire to get. The 2k bonus points muddy its purpose.

• chunkycheese21
    chunkycheese21 Member Posts: 27

Escape is the objective, the hatch is also an escape simple.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Frankly the hatch shouldn't give any extra points anyways. Should be less than the gates.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@Frozenscum

Get into a 4 man swf do 0 gens and when 3 of your buddy's die and u make a hatch escape u tell me gens are not optional.

• Frozenscum

@Cardgrey

It is BS change to grant last survivor hatch with 4 or 5 gens that make such absurd situation possible. It is major flaw they did, and I hope it will be reverted back.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@Frozenscum

Well point is if all u care about is you gens become optional.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Yeah, but the only reason they even do this in the first place is because the hatch gives extra points. I agree that hatch escapes themselves should give less points, but I'm not above having the act of opening the hatch with a key to give more survival points to compensate for the loss since using the key is probly one of the most powerful moves a survivor can do.