Ghost face too OP?

koofa9
koofa9 Member Posts: 2

Am I the only one who thinks ghost face is OP since the buff? I understand that the problem of spinning the camera needed fixing but I think that if you give him the ability to get rid of his terror radius AND allow him to give the exposed status effect it's to much. Especially since his special ability is to sneak up on survivors. At that point it's just unfair, and not only to the new players but on the more experienced cause new players might not be aware of ghost faces special ability.

Comments

• ceeroover
    ceeroover Member Posts: 78

Is it design choice that he can get more than one survvior exposed at the same time? Just had a game where he stalked 3 of us at one gen, and we all were 1 hit.

Ok, you can try to prevent this, but seems a bit too crazy if it happens...

• hahugow
    hahugow Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2019

I think is in top 3 tier below the nurse and myers, IMO

• ceeroover
    ceeroover Member Posts: 78

I'm fine with that, just wanted to know if this is how it should be...

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

He is in a semi decent place atm certainly no where near OP.

The one thing I like about him is the same as Myers, you dont know who you are versing and you to use your vision and not just rely on sounds making it more tense at the start.

Everyone else you practically know instantly who it is with saw boxes, traps, player icons notifications or the sounds they make unless they are using certain add-ons of course.

• Exa1ib3r
    Exa1ib3r Member Posts: 86

Only way to beat him, is to pay attention and focus your screen on the middle, so that he can he beaten out of his stealth.

• Ghostingmyteammates
    Ghostingmyteammates Member Posts: 216

just get gud? spinechill is the ultimate counter towards him yet no survivor uses it because its "useless".

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266

I am going to say what this killer really looks like to me, it is a killer I think that one of the 3 killers with more counter, besides Trapper and HAG.

GhostFace for me is an M1 killer, since at the beginning it can be good, but once the game starts in mid game, the killer turns to M1.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

He's currently quite weak.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

He doesn't stand a chance at the higher ranks as he's basically your average M1 killer.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

He's a M1 killer with a pitiful stealth ability that can be completely nullified simply by a survivor LOOKING at him for a sec. Myers does everything Ghostface can do, and he can do it far better.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Since the buff? What? What buff?

• koofa9
    koofa9 Member Posts: 2

They fixed spinning the camera to stop night shroud didnt they?

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

Wouldn't say he's anywhere near close to op. But I personally find stalking killers irritating to play against.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    edited June 2019

Let's analysis him, is he op?

He can Shroud himself to mask his TR, like Pig, Wraith, Tier 1 Myers, nothing special here.

He can stalk you and expose you. That's nice, but you can actively cancel that process by looking at him. You can even hide behind obstacles and use the 3th person camera to your advantage. And MYC, Hex Devour Hope and Haunted Grounds are a thing we are used to as well. Him stalking is even easier to avoid.

So can he shorten loops? No.

Does he have mobility like a Spirit, Billy or Nurse? No.

No traps.

No way of slowing the game down.

He is loopable like every other m1 so he relies to some extent on Enduring and Spirit Fury as well some perks like Ruin to slow down the game. By throwing pallets sooner you can negate half of his perks and in chase of Ruin it will buy him some seconds of time to start snowballing if he gets lucky but realistically after a minute you negated 3/4 Perks.

He has snowballing potential against oblivious Rockie survivors, but besides that I wouldn't call him op.

• Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396

Start buff Killers like leatherface, doctor and a new buff rework on legion...

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Nope.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Myers literally does the same thing. The only difference is that Ghostface has to stalk each individual person to get exposed on them where as Myers can stalk one person and expose everyone. Myers would be way more OP with this logic. The only problem I have with Ghostface right now is that he is the only killer I see in my games and it gets a bit annoying after a while. I like variety. But I can't blame people for playing a killer they paid for.

• Fnatic47

Devs Will buff them anyway because the last stream so i am happy about it xd

• Fnatic47

I love ghostface to be honest.. with the right build has myself on him he can hold on rank 1 survivors without any problem..

• Junkrat
    Junkrat Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2019

Post edited by Junkrat on
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Seems alright to me.

• LazyGhost25
    LazyGhost25 Member Posts: 49

ghost face he dose have add on's that makes it harder for people to take him out of night shroud and the only changes that they should really make are his perks because there all useless. First off his first perk Im all ears barley works i would change it were if there in the terror radius he can hear the small vaults and small sound of closing the locker makes it useful but not too op and has a cool down. Now the next perk furtive chase its pretty good for the most part it lets you change the obsession its great to have because once the first obsession dies you can easily get another one. The next perk is called thrilling tremors see this one doesn't seem to over powered but with the right perk set up it could be op but this perk you can easily counter its perk by quickly going on a gen to not get it covered but could be bad if it goes for other killers but we may not know tell me your thought's.

• GhostfaceneedaNerf
    GhostfaceneedaNerf Member Posts: 30

lmao Mayers hability its sneak on survivors and was OP for a long time, now Mayers 2.0 aka ghost face can do it in less than 1 second when the first mayers takes 3 or 5 mins to do the same, his best hability by the way its not sneak around, his best hability its oneshot survivors but even sneaking around he its better than the pig, you say he takes a lot to crouch and sneak ? try play the pig that has animations like 100% slower than him. Ghost face its good at everithing, has nice weapon lunge, run like Meg or Legion, stealth, black clothes by default withouth pay extra money, oneshot, stalk, hide, lol he even do teabags, the only thing missing its teleport like the nurse.

• GhostfaceneedaNerf
    GhostfaceneedaNerf Member Posts: 30

Lets analysis him: He can shroud so no terror radious or red light so no mind games from survivors, crouch like the pig but 100% faster, hide like wraith, stalk like mayers but in less than 1 sec when mayers needs 5 mins or even more if you play on the farm map, he oneshot survivors, he has sprint chase like Meg or Legion, run when crouching like Nea, do teabags like survivors, black clothes by default withouth need buy cosmetics, overall insane agility and speed, no counter since no counter survivor was releassed in his DLC, the supossed counter its look at him wich mostly end in the survivor giving an alert sound and visual signal to the killer, not to mention the killer dont give a crap they try counter him since you dont need stealth to oneshot the survivor and the stealth can be activated again after 60 seconds. There is nothing new true, but if you put all toguether he literally its a mix of all the good things, like oneshot from mayers withouth the negative stuff of mayers, the speed of legion withouth need hit the survivor 4 times, survivor habilitys, now add his aura reading habilitys, in the opposite of the nurse who need hurt the survivors to read auras and have many downsides like fatigue or leather face that need hook the survivors but its fat and cant run much, "all ears" skills allows you to read auras withouth do anything, you just need sit and waith until someone make noise and there its your aura reading activated withouth do anything to earn it, add also his hability to lock the engines so survivors cant gen rush, ghotface its pure p2w and has all the good stuff that killers asked for withouth 1 single downside = P2W killer

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

He is not OP because he is still just a loopable M1 killer.

• Cymer

OoO absolutely counters his ability and make him to a loopable m1 killer. No need for an extra anti-GF-survivor.

If you are too absorbed in chatting with your buddies over voice you might not hear his leather squeeking loud or see him approaching.

If you look at the one shots he can perform, mostly it's in the fault of his oblivious victims. There are only a few maps where he can stalk freely without someone seeing him from a mile.

If you can loop a m1 killer, you should have no trouble with him or his powers. If you don't like to run OoO you surely like DH. One good timed press of a button and he is out of stealth or slam a pallet on him. 40s to run away from a no mobility m1 killer at max.

I advice you to play GF for a while and come back to give a more informed review.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Ghost Face needs a buff. Change my mind.

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

yes so op he needs to be removed from game all killers are actually op I dont think killers should exist and change the game from dead by daylight to generator simulator 2019

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Im sorry dude but no. GF is fine, if anything, a small buff. You know when he's stalking you if you pay attention. You will see your bar start to fill up and instantly SHOULD know GF is close. His ability is super easy to counter. All you have to do is look at him. And what legion speed reference are you using? He moves at normal pace. OoO completely destroys GF too, and spine chills will always also let you know when he's close. Just gotta practice at spotting him, knowing when he's stalking you, and look for loops.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

I find Ghostface A-tuer on par with Myers and Huntress, but he has good counterplay and I find him fun to play against, but I have lost and won games equally against Ghostface, so just slightly more buffed would be nice.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Ghostface is bottom midtier good survivors can easily counter his stalk the only good thing he has is surprise value

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

I would put Ghostface near bottom tier.

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156

He is a Midtier killer he is far away from OP.

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274

use yo eyes

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

Its really this simple, he is a base M1 killer that has high mind game capability's and can occasionally get off a insta down. he is at least a purple rank killer, but isn't Very viable at red ranks. So no, he isn't op.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

You just need practice, practice makes perfect. When Spirit first came out I thought she was crap and then she became one of the best, when Ghostface came out he was crap and now he is mediocre, shame they gave him that hotfix.

• YamiTheFurry
    YamiTheFurry Member Posts: 229

The fact this post has 6 up votes is scary.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

I would fix his power, sometimes he can't see you but still you get the exposed status effect.

Also I dislike the idea of how new killers have survivor based powers like plague. Freddy has in someway the same kind of power.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

I am scared too. I want slight buffs for him, but he is fine at the moment.

• Cymer
    edited August 2019

Spirit was buffed to heaven until she is competitive as she is right now.

She wasn't only bad at start, because no one knew how to play her, she was underpowered and benefitted from specific buffs to her kit and gameplay.