Honestly, at this point I wonder why on earth I'm not rage quitting when things don't go my way

Dehitay
Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I just got out of a game where I had 1 survivor dead, 2 survivors injured, and 1 survivor down. I knew both downed survivors were headed to the open gate and I had Blood Warden ready to change things around. All I had to do was hooked the down the survivor, down the 2 survivors that would be stuck at the gate, and then get the 2 hooks. But surprise surprise, the downed survivor disconnected on me and the other 2 survivors just ran out.

With rage quitters happening left and right and Behavior sure as hell acting like they don't give the smallest fraction of a care about it, I feel so freaking stupid for actually using sportsmanship myself and not disconnecting when things don't go my way. I can obviously get away with it cause there sure as hell isn't any reason to fear rage quitting with the stupid lackluster system that's in place. I'm only a few more stupid disconnects away from losing it and becoming a rage quitting baby myself any time Ruin gets cleansed in 10 seconds or I end up on Yamaoka's estate. It's just so ridiculously dumb to know that people ruining the game are going to get away with it scott free while I'm sitting around taking ass beatings left and right and playing it through to the end cause I want to be a good sport.

Comments

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

There is disconnect punishment on roadmap. So im waiting for it.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

If someone plays all the way to the point of End Game Collapse and then disconnects, that doesn't really upset me. The game was essentially decided by that point. It's the players that disconnect in the first 1-3 minutes of the game that completely ruin a match for everyone.

In the situation that you described, it almost seems like a good play on the survivors part. That is assuming the player had a strong feeling that you had blood warden and wanted to save his buddies. The player that disconnected would earn 0 blood points for the match so it's almost noble to sacrifice himself.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Unless you both find the hatch and you both are playing solo survivor, which they DC to let the other escape. This seems allowed, but if abused with SWF to bully killer, then it is bad.

• newavitar
    newavitar Member Posts: 395

I so hope that's what it is. I'd love to play with DCers

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

Perks and add ons that trigger when someone gets hooked or downed should trigger when someone leaves the match.

Fun story. I was playing survivor, and the first person the killer downed dced immediately. The killer then proceeded to lead us all to the gens to finish the match and escape.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

because you aren't a baby like them?

• CyberStranger97
    CyberStranger97 Member Posts: 14

I just figure that everybody wants to play against Ghostface or it's because I'm kicking their asses. I can't imagine every single game is like this for you, but then again I am playing on PS4.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

That's one of the more painful kinds of DC. Endgame DC is usually not a big deal, but if it prevents BW or gives another survivor the hatch, then it's downright cheating.

But what can we do... wait for dedicated servers and pray the devs are actually serious about dealing with DC-s.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

They have literally already said that they are addressing that with the dedicated servers.

Ranting is useless at this point.