Why can the key be used to allow everybody to escape via hatch?

Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Isn't that a little on the broken side of things? I would get if it allowed the key holder to escape, but for everybody?

Comments

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

There is a 30 second window, so some cooperation is involved. Though that cooperation is brain dead easy if it's swf. But I think it's relatively balanced since you need to do a certain amount of gens to get the hatch to even spawn. In order for all 4 to use the hatch, 5 gens need to be done which would have just been a gate escape without a key.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

I mean that would take all gens being completed, them finding the hatch and them all making it there before you so you can't close it. It's also ultra rare.

If survivors escape via the hatch I don't really consider that a legitimate loss for me, personally. Is it technically? Yes, but it's similar to when the killer brings a mori. That's not a significant loss IMO.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,871

It would be broken if the hatch was available at the start of the match, but the hatch doesn't even spawn until the number of survivors +1 generators have been complete. So in order for 4 survivors to use the hatch they will have to have completed 5 generators, 3 surv need 4 gens, 2 surv 3 gens and 1 surv... well 1 survivor is the exception to the rule. But the point is that the killer had a legitimate chance to hunt the survivors before the hatch is an option.

• Lightsaber09
    Lightsaber09 Member Posts: 46

Everyone says survivors+ 1, wht not just say the amount of players in the game. That includes the killer and makes up for this "survivor plus 1" thing

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited July 2019

I prefer the Evil Dwight calculation of total generators done (metal generators+meat generators) ammounting to five, in which meat generators=dead survivors.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

Although, I think there should be no timer on hatch. Have you ever opened a door before with a key? Unless you lock it the door stays unlocked. The hatch is a Trap-DOOR. Although, lore wise the entity could be frustrated with this method of escape as it use to prefer hatch interruptions. Thus, closing it to prevent its entertainment to leave the trial.

• XCheekyNuggetX
    XCheekyNuggetX Member Posts: 12

Never thought of it like that before honestly, thanks.