Thoughts on the Freddy stream?

Options

Personally I'm kinda underwhelmed. Too many timers and cooldowns ect for him to be good.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    Options

It's 4th of July here in the U.S., so I missed the stream. Anyone have cliff notes on Freddy?

• nancyt1428
    nancyt1428 Member Posts: 66
    Options

You can watch it on YouTube.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Interested. Have to see how he'll plays. The lack of stall is going to hurt him but now he has a chase tool that'll definitely help him out more than what we currently have.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

My thoughts are why doesn't wake up wake you up? but seriously he sounds really weak right now he sounds like a worse hill billy but instead of an insta down has traps.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
    Options

Freddy Meta will be like: stay asleep- gen rush, if you get in a chase drop pallet and run to the next (if you get hit by a trap take hit and sprint to another pallet), while everyone else does gens... but will see

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options

Seem good and fun to play but at rank 1 noone will use him. As i said they can rework every killer and create 92920303020 killers, everyone will keep play nurse

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    edited July 2019
    Options

The new Freddy looked pretty interesting to me. Of course, we need to test it ourselves to know for sure.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

There's more but that's the tldr version

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited July 2019
    Options

@NuclearBurrito Thanks for the notes. I'm skimming the YouTube video right now (skipping through the useless Dev chatter with each other) and so far . . . he seems reworked but just as weak.

I'll try the PTB next week to see how it feels hands on, but on "paper," at least, I think he'll still be low-tier.

But like I said, I need some hands on to really make an opinion.

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

I mean he's stronger than before. But he's like low mid tier at best, which is still #########.

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

I'm thinking he's going to be ether slightly stronger or slightly weaker than doctor.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

If everyone was asleep all the time, it would best case be about as powerful as if they just gave the Clown a generator teleport.

Without add-ons, it doesn't seem like there is a reason to care about waking up instead of gen-rushing. The entire mechanic is designed to waste survivor's time, but the default downsides aren't bad enough to warrant spending a sixth of the match waking up.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options

A poor man's Hag/Clown/Doctor..... Meh?

• Redd
    Options

Being blunt: This feels like a lateral move that makes him easier to play and more fun for survivors. It does not seem like he is going to be viable because of the rework.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

-Snare Traps are base kit; he can use one of several add-ons to replace the Snare Traps with fake pallets. Both can only be interacted with by asleep Survivors

-Survivors fall asleep after 60 seconds; they can wake up by either failing a Skill Check, having an awake Survivor wake them up (each time a Survivor uses this method, it will take longer to work, up to 16 seconds), or by finding a drawer your are linked to and stopping the ringing clock (doing this will give the Survivor a 30-second grace period before the micro sleep clock starts counting down again)

-Freddy can have up to 8 Snare Traps at once, placing more after that will override the oldest-paced one (similar to Hag traps); stepping on a Trap will slow the Survivor down by 15% for 3 seconds after leaving the Trap and will prevent them from fast vaulting. It takes a second for the plaaced Snare to prime, but Freddy can place them immediately without having to stop to do it like the Trapper or the Hag.

-If using Dream Pallets, he can place up to 10 I think? They appear as regular pallets to asleep Survivors, but do not stun Freddy at all if someone uses it. It will fool Windows of Opportunity if the Survivor is asleep, but currently a Survivor can still maybe detect it using Small Game

-As said previously, gen teleporting takes a few seconds to fire up and spew blood as a tell. Currently, the teleport is on a 45-second cooldown by default, but that cooldown speeds up by 15% for each fully asleep Survivor. Freddy can cancel the teleport midcharge, but it will still trigger the cooldown Freddy can teleport to a gen from any distance, but he cannot teleport to a fully repaired Gen or a gen blocked by the Entity.

-There are add-ons that give the Dream Pallet ability in place of Dream Snares, an add-on that will reveal Survivor auras if they use a Dream Pallet, and one at Very Rare that will make it so using the teleport will cause all Generators to spew blood at once instead of just the one he is teleporting to but at the expense of losing the ability to cancel the teleport.

I'm sure I missed stuff, but that is what I can remember.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

It seems too easy to wake up, tbh.

• Redd
    Options

By my calculations, it should take roughly ~23.49 seconds for your power to come off cooldown if all survivors are asleep. They said with stacked add-ons that could be reduced to 9 seconds.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Potential RIP Clown.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

@NuclearBurrito

I believe they said snares take 1 second to arm but after they are triggered they are active for 5 seconds before disappearing. And your hindered status persists for 3 seconds after leaving the range of the snare.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@Andreyu44 The wake up actions increase every time you wake up and caps at 16 seconds. Thats huge time waste.

Unless you're lucky with checks

• TAG
    Options

Potentially relevant piece of information revealed by Peanits that the devs neglected to mention on-stream (though it was apparently shown coincidentally in the game footage): Survivors instantly fall asleep if hit by Freddy.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

While it's obvious to say we'll see how it goes on PTB my impressions are as follows based on the stream.

---

The short opinions I have are

• Micro-sleep and sleep cycles are fine
    • Visibility mechanics for Freddy are good
    • Ways to wake up including Clock is fine assuming snares are good
    • Pallet ability warranting an addon AND replacing snares is unnecessary. Seems weak on paper and I'm not convinced it will be strong against good players. Either just give it to Freddy base kit or when using an addon let Freddy keep both.

---

Regarding teleport why does it start on a cooldown when the cooldown is 45 seconds? 45 seconds is such a long time considering survivors receive a warning for you channeling the ability and regardless on whether you commit or cancel it the ability goes on a cooldown. This is completely overkill and seems completely unnecessary for something survivors receive so many warnings on already.

Second issue I have with teleport is you cannot teleport to finished or blocked generators. Freddy pretty much loses half his power when the gates are powered or End Game Collapse starts. This could end up not making a difference in the grand scheme of things with everything else about Freddy so it's something I can overlook if everything else is good.

Feel free to correct any inaccuracies in my post.

tl;dr - Most stuff good / Teleport has too many unnecessary penalties.

Greatly looking forward to the PTB and hoping some of the bad things are really not as bad as I think they will be.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

"Bites twizzler"..... okay let's get into it... now first off we all dont know what all other addons he has so we dont know his full "offer".... "bites twizzler again"..... now we do know that he still has addons that will "hinder" the survivors while asleep which may make thanatophobia (as bad as it is) a decent perk for him-----> survivors while injured cant wake up meaning they have to heal before this action "sloppy butcher" could be quite decent here ......"bites twizzler again" ...... now these small points do have the question of whether the perks stack with the addons----> if they do he will certainly still be strong at slowing down the game..... we don't know what the percentages are for those addons.... the potential is certainly there for him.......... and hes ALOT more interesting, looks a ton more fun to play as and against.... I'm going to buy him... I've yet to buy him yes because in his current state hes rubbish-----> boring play and weak AF.... its not freddy...... but I wont buy him until its live....

Damn this is a good twizzler!

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

So then it will be amazing?

Because every other pre release is "it's good on paper but its garbage in practice".

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

The stream was a damn joke

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

After rewatching fully and trying to understand everything, I doubt it, he's a hag that can't teleport to traps and gets weaker as the gens get done and lose his entire power if survivors decide to do so.

It's bad, really really bad.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,431
    Options

First impression, he looks very weak.

Way too easy to wake up and not much of a penalty for staying asleep in the first place. They should have kept the action penalty in his base kit. I don't want another addon dependent killer.

So just fail a couple skillchecks every now and then to make him a useless M1 killer? Sounds too easy. Failing a skillcheck to wake up every now and then isn't asking a lot, nor is it very penalizing. Not to mention to also have the snap, snap or find a bookcase options.

The traps look bad and highly predictable seeing as the survivors can see them and the slow isn't that intense. The pallets look decent, but once again, requiring an addon....

Seeing as the timer to fall asleep is quite slow and how easy it is to wake up, the teleport should be a shorter cooldown than it is and not go on cooldown if you cancel it before it completes its channel.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

When you hit them, they go to sleep immediately. This wasn't mentioned in the stream, but Peanits confirmed it.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,431
    Options

That is nice, but still not enough. That still means you have to get the hit in the first place and even then I don't think being asleep is really much of a downside in the first place. The traps look gimmicky.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Yeah, when you hit them, as a m1 killer who are looped easily it's not always simple to get that first hit

• TAG
    Options

I actually think the Snares seem stronger than the Pallets. Being able to place Snares by windows to force a slow vault without having to slow down at all (even if they take a second to arm) would make jungle gyms more treacherous to navigate.

• browalker15
    browalker15 Member Posts: 93
    Options

And when i read legion on paper the first time they were introduced i thought they were overpowered and broken as hell. And yet here we are.