Freddy Rework looks like a downgrade.

Options
BunnyTheHutt
BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

So, from what I can tell, they seem too downgrade Freddy a lot more. I may be wrong, but from what the devs have said, he is going too be even worse then he is now. The changes are (as far as I'm aware).

PROS

1: He can hit people when they are awake, which is the biggest problem in his current form.

2: He can teleport too gens, which will help him greatly at both mind games and map pressure.

3: He Has Snares and Fake Pallets he can place too slow chases and make them end faster.

4: He can phase in an out of visibility within 32-16 meters, and invisible when outside 32 meters.

CONS

1: You have too wait 60 seconds too put someone too sleep passively, instead of the 7 now manually.

2: Survivors can wake up by any skillcheck, and by interacting with a clock that spawns as far away from the survivor as possible, as well as the usual Wake Up action.

3: Survivors have too be asleep in order too be affected by Dream Snares or Pallets.

4: Survivors are no longer affected by an action speed penalty while asleep.

5: Freddy can't see the aura's of survivors when they are asleep.

6: The Lullaby is only heard when in the Dream State, not awake like it is live.

All in All, this is just a horrible Rework. I know the numbers can/will change when it hits the PTB and then live, but right now it really doesn't look good. I really hope the numbers get changed, but until it hits PTB we won't know for sure, but this sounds so bad. This could easily make Freddy even worse then he is now.

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

According to Peanits in another thread, Survivors instantly fall asleep when Freddy hits them?

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/562584/#Comment_562584

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
    Options

THAT, my dude, it's amazing. I didn't know that and I'm glad to hear this.

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265
    Options

Not really. It just kinda sucks that the power role of the game is not rly a power role. Imo Clown should have pinky finger as base kit. You think it is too much ? I think it is a way to make Rank 1 games less stresful. But they can't cuz for the low ranks this change would be terrible.

• Krystress
    Krystress Member Posts: 52
    Options
  • BunnyTheHutt
    Options

Agreed, This could be very, very good now that it's known. I'm hyped again for it!

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Oh yeah, what an upside, he can control loops, but only after being looped enough to get a hit anyway, or waiting A FULL MINUTE while 3 gens go off.

Careful there, nearly gave Freddy a power that'd net him a kill.

• BunnyTheHutt
    Options

I don't complain all the time, but I feel there is a lot too complain about right now. Plus, this isn't complaining, it's an opinion based on what was known at the time, which has changed. I still feel like this rework could be worse, but I have hope with the new information provided. Chill my friend.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

How over dramatic. First off, he now has tools for gen pressure. He also has that transition flicker meaning he can potentially close distance before the first hit. Once you get the first hit the second comes quickly. It's people like you who are the reason no one takes killer complaints seriously.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Haha yeah, you MIGHT flicker at over 16m away without knowing it and that's gonna get you a hit. That's like saying Spirit might get a free hit by passive phasing 16m away.

And his gen pressure comes with a huge ######### warning that says "I'm coming here now, run half the map away while I teleport." And then you lose the ability as gens get completed.

And there's still 0 pressure on any of the other 3 survivors, unless you want to spam your teleport while in a chase instead of actually concentrating on a chase. Sure.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I missed the dev stream and I'm just curious, how does putting survivors to sleep work? When within a certain range they fall asleep in 60 seconds or sooner if you hit them? He can hit people while awake? Could you just explain a bit?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,140
    Options

@Clogwench

Overcharge is a skillcheck that all survivors have mastered from Decisive strike and no red rank survivor fails it. PGTW regress generator by 20 seconds. Survivors can do generators IN 20 seconds if they really want to. Just get 4 engineer box's and brand new parts and you can break the game. Surveillance and discordance are information perks, they don't slow the game down. Thrilling Tremors is indirectly an information perk, There's no point in blocking a generator that isn't being worked on, you already indirectly have perk active without having the perk, It just says which one is being worked on I.E information perk. Red rank killers experience bronze or no emblem on gatekeeper at least once every 10 games. Hex:Ruin can be disabled. None of your points address generator rushing or game balance at the highest level in the game.

Freddy is hot garbage in his current state and He's about to become worse. The teleport is so telegraphed to the point that grandma can react to it. When you get traped by trapper, your reward is instant down, When hag teleports to a trap, she can damage a health state with tp. Freddy isn't even guarantee a hit and the reward doesn't look good even if it works not to mention all the other nerfs in the rework. Another nonviable killer at red ranks. At this point, you might as well body blocker hag over Freddy.

• BunnyTheHutt
    Options

I don't know the range, but it takes 60 seconds too fall asleep, and he puts people too sleep instantly by hitting them. He has too hit the PTB before we can really say hes good or bad.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

I can't imagine looking at this rework and thinking it's a nerf. No one's saying it's top tier but I'm definitely expecting him to be solid mid tier which frankly I'm okay with

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

I hope he turns out well cause potato rank aren't worth the addons. I stashed over 50 of the rarest addons and I don't want the bp wasted on somebody I will never use again.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,627
    Options

"1: You have too wait 60 seconds too put someone too sleep passively, instead of the 7 now manually."

Yes, but you can hit them, even when they are not asleep. AND they will be asleep then. Sounds better than waiting for 7 seconds to me. Also it is 60 seconds where you can prepare everything.

"2: Survivors can wake up by any skillcheck, and by interacting with a clock that spawns as far away from the survivor as possible, as well as the usual Wake Up action."

And? Two of those are already present. And the Wake Up action will receive a Debuff the more often you are using it. 16 seconds is already as much as 1 Health State would mean. So a Injured Survivor who is asleep will be fully healed and awake after 32 seconds (when the Action was used a lot). This is a huge amount of time.

"3: Survivors have too be asleep in order too be affected by Dream Snares or Pallets."

At the moment Survivors have to be asleep to be affected by Freddy AT ALL. Like, the current state of Freddy has 0 interaction with Survivors who are awake.

"4: Survivors are no longer affected by an action speed penalty while asleep."

Considering you fall asleep automatically every 60 seconds, this is fine. Nobody wants to walk full map away for a clock every minute, just because he cannot do anything in a decent speed anymore.

"5: Freddy can't see the aura's of survivors when they are asleep."

Again, considering they fall asleep every 60 seconds, just logical.

• Ihitscenekids23
    Ihitscenekids23 Member Posts: 29
    Options

Im low rank and I mean like 15 rank and I main freddy. I think hes suppose to be a low main killeratleast that's what it seems like, I honeslty think hes just a tad OP depending on your rank and if you know how to use him against the survivors

• Lmronby
    Lmronby Member Posts: 339
    Options

As much as I main and love clown; I think Pinkie finger in base Kit would be too powerful; it's not hard to hit someone with the bottle if you're not new to him

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

@coppersly I thought they said on stream the range on the teleport is unlimited, just limited to unfinished and unblocked gens.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

Maybe wait till tuesday to at least see how it works in a live game before we bury the freddy rework. I still think a few hours in to the ptb is to soon to judge it but it is more information than what you have for such a strong opinion at this point.

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620
    Options

Omg Devs u killed classic.Where did u see that Freddy can hit without dream.Why need teleport?i don't understand why u rework him. Stop REWORK KILLERS PLEASE!!!!! :D

• KrazyKat1011123
    KrazyKat1011123 Member Posts: 170
    Options

are you kidding me. Dude right now Freddys abbility is to make somone fall asleep so he can hit them.....his ability is to give him the abillity to hit survivors. lmao dude he is way better

• KrazyKat1011123
    KrazyKat1011123 Member Posts: 170
    Options

might wanna do research... the devs know what there doing. You are in microsleep for the whole game. next time get your facts straight

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850
    Options

Cons that need to be fixed.

1.nerf it to 30 seconds.

2.clocks are the only way to wake up

3. Stays the same

4.Survivors are affected by an action speed penalty while asleep.

5. Can see survs auras or at least made into an addon.

There i fixed him people like him again

• BunnyTheHutt
    Options

I'm not burying the Rework, all I'm saying is that from what we are given, he isn't going too be that strong. The new info of him being able too put people too sleep hes injured is a nice change, but I don't feel it will change his kit too much. Tuesday will be a good showing of his power, but I fee like it won't change much with him if the numbers stay the same.

• Blue_Diamond
    Blue_Diamond Member Posts: 122
    Options

I think there should be a 15% action speed debuff for sleeping survivors and I think the alarm clocks and default action should be the only way to wake up. Failing skill checks to wake up is stupid.

• Just_Clown1n_Around
    Just_Clown1n_Around Member Posts: 41
    Options

Am I the only one who doesn't see the issue with his teleport?

Run BBQ and PGTW. Hook a survivor, see others working on a gen with BBQ, teleport to gen, scare survivors off and use PGTW, then chase any survivors you see. This gives freddy great map pressure which is an issue in his current state. You have a hooked survivor who must be rescued while you apply map pressure to scare survivors off gens while reducing gen progression. This is a win win imho.

I think the people who are complaining are only doing so because they expect the power to allow them to gen grab, but that's not what it's intended for.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

My question from QA topic:

Do you think that Freddy's main power will be useless in end-game since all the generators will be finished or blocked by the Entity ? Do not you think that its power should be usable on any generator once the doors are powered ?

• BunnyTheHutt
    Options

It takes so long and it's so obvious that any survivor will see blood shoot out, then just run away. it's not a bad ability but it doesn't help at all in chases.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

@Dehitay Thank you! People are jumping the gun and not looking at the big picture!

Tinkerer, which used to be good before it was changed into hot garbage and isn't even that useful on Billy is now probably going to be Freddy's BEST perk. You get a damn notification that a Gen is almost done, you teleport over to the damn thing and give it a kick before they finish it. If you're using Thana or Pop Goes then bullseye bitches they ain't finishing any Gen as long you got everyone asleep.

Also, no Killer can do this but Freddy, once you hook someone just put down hopefully 3 carefully placed Snares in front of the Survivor and you get a double whammy of a slow recuer and a slow rescued. And if you got STBFL you know no one is getting out of that scenario.