Propositions for your next buff on freddy

Emhyr
Emhyr Member Posts: 73

We all know that Freddy is one of the weakest killer (i still believe he is better than the wraith who needs a biggest buff). And we know it's nearly impossible to make good games with him when you reached rank 5. I main him and i have a proposition which can truly helps him.
I love a lot his power and the concept around the sleeping mechanics and still wants to keep this mechanics which makes him harmless when survivors are not sleeping
So if we begin with those wishes how can we make him better ?
Freddy is a true nightmare and in all of his movies : more you're asleep more he is dangerous.
What about making a progression of the sleeping mechanics ? With this, you keep the project who makes him better when time is flowing...
An exemple of my idea is when you're asleep, more you wait in sleeping mode, more you're in danger. Like currently the sleeping mode is still as we know it at the beginning. After 30sec you need to fail 2 tests to get awake and after more and more times you will get more weaknesses... I wants to to push this mechanics to the point when you wait more than one minute he can one shot you. It's powerful I know so we can think about a natural awake if the survivor don't awakes himself alone or with a friend.
What do you think guys ? :chuffed:

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Why not simply debuff the survivors speed in dreamworld? They are dreaming, so why can they sprint around like that..... would only make sense

What do you mean with failing tests? SOmething like the doctor madness mechanic? I like the one shot idea too, but probably this would make tunneling even more a thing than it already is on freddy

• The devs already said they're wanting to make all progression in the dreamworld 0% and also reworking how the dreamworld looks so you can actually see #########. those should fix many things.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Last I heard they were seriously considering making it so survivors couldn't use channel actions (like totems, heals, generators, hooks) during the transition phase. Frankly, that alone would give him some nice defense.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2018

@MrChills said:
    The devs already said they're wanting to make all progression in the dreamworld 0% and also reworking how the dreamworld looks so you can actually see #########. those should fix many things.

If that is what they are aiming for, I can see the rage quitting now.

For as easy as a killer he is to face, people hate him. Makes me chuckle sometimes.

• Emhyr

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Last I heard they were seriously considering making it so survivors couldn't use channel actions (like totems, heals, generators, hooks) during the transition phase. Frankly, that alone would give him some nice defense.

Yes I truly want a buff like it, but i think it's not so interesting because the doc has this mechanics already... When you are mad you can't do anything so what's will be the difference with the doc and freddy ? :/ they will be really close

• FrenziedRoach

@Emhyr said:
    Yes I truly want a buff like it, but i think it's not so interesting because the doc has this mechanics already... When you are mad you can't do anything so what's will be the difference with the doc and freddy ? :/ they will be really close

Way Freddy's works would only work while the survivor is in the half-awake phase when they are transitioning from awake to dreamworld. It's only like 7 seconds by default if memory serves. The idea is to give Freddy a much needed way to allow him to defend Totems, hooks, and Generators (an area is VERY VERY WEAK in right now)

• Emhyr

@FrenziedRoach said:

@Emhyr said:

Way Freddy's works would only work while the survivor is in the half-awake phase when they are transitioning from awake to dreamworld. It's only like 7 seconds by default if memory serves. The idea is to give Freddy a much needed way to allow him to defend Totems, hooks, and Generators (an area is VERY VERY WEAK in right now)

I undertood that but this new idea is truly near to the doctor's gameplay and it's not so good : on a side you have a true great killer for free and on the other side you have a paid DLC.

• FrenziedRoach

@Emhyr said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@Emhyr said:

I undertood that but this new idea is truly near to the doctor's gameplay and it's not so good : on a side you have a true great killer for free and on the other side you have a paid DLC.

How is it even close to his gameplay? They would share a side mechanic at the most. FFS, not everything about every killer needs to be 100% different.

BTW, Doctor came with Spark of Madness, and it was not free.

The two killers play completely different. XD

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    The doc isn't great, and was only free for console along with hag who isn't free on pc. Doc is annoying but pros can loop him till daylight cause they know how his power works. Freddy came out with an extremely high dc rate, so devs freaked out and nerfed him week 1 when he needed buffs. The lack of a sleep indicator created created frustration which added to the new concept. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Damn wrote created twice lol
  • @Swiftblade131 said:

@MrChills said:
    The devs already said they're wanting to make all progression in the dreamworld 0% and also reworking how the dreamworld looks so you can actually see #########. those should fix many things.

If that is what they are aiming for, I can see the rage quitting now.

For as easy as a killer he is to face, people hate him. Makes me chuckle sometimes.

RAGE IS GOOD MY FRIEND. WE ARE WARRIORS OF THE ENTITY. APEX PREDATORS. THE MORE THE RAGE AND SALT ON THEIR MEAT, THE BETTER!

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@FrenziedRoach said:

@Emhyr said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@Emhyr said:

How is it even close to his gameplay? They would share a side mechanic at the most. FFS, not everything about every killer needs to be 100% different.

BTW, Doctor came with Spark of Madness, and it was not free.

The two killers play completely different. XD

It was free on PS4.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2018

1) Make aura reading work on him when survivors are awake. I know this is a "buff" thread but this is something that should happen on survivor side. Stuff like OoO and Alert, and new Dark Sense. Also see there rest before you comment.
    2) Dream Demon can knock survivors out of actions similar to Doc's shock. It shouldn't be the entire transition, just something like 1.5 seconds to give Freddy a way to knock you off a totem or gen, or stop healing the guy he just downed so he can pick him up (last one especially). Vaulting and pallets should be unaffected.
    3) Boost his movement speed when casting Dream Demon (something like claw+rake) and make those add-on inflict Exhaustion on survivors for a certain amount of time after starting transition based on tier.
    4) Increase his TR and Lullaby radius to 30m, but as a trade-off allow his Lullaby to be affected by perks/add-ons TO A MINIMUM of 24m like it currently is. This would let you do stuff like use Distressing to make people think you are close, or M&A to mess with people in both real and dream worlds. His lullaby should have a minimum though only because it would be unfair if it could shrink very small. Also new Tinkerer's should not affect it.
    5) In addition to 4, perks that proc in TR should work with lullaby. Stuff like Unnerving and Overwhelming. This would make them useful for Freddy.

If DW is 0% progress that's a good one too. Also someone else had suggested that when the exit gates are powered he comes out of DW into the real world. That would be really interesting, especially if he could still put you to sleep and track you and stuff. Plus imagine endgame Freddy IN THE REAL WORLD with paint brush and M&A. Sure if you are awake he can't see you but the fact he has 0 TR and can just hit you outright makes that super good tactic for Freddy, and flows with his endgame design.