Am I wrong or the dream world of Krueger is useless now?

Options
Niitosky
Niitosky Member Posts: 329

I read that they forgot to mention that now krueger sends you directly to the world of dreams every time he hits you, but what good is it to send into the world of dreams if there are no debuffs? all debuffs on progress rates are canceled, so what would be the advantage for krueger to send the survivors into the world of dreams?

p.s.: in my opinion the power to put fake pallets should be implement it in its power and not in a addon..

Comments

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392
    Options

They said will have debuff add-ons for Freddy, plus there's the Dream Snares or Ghost Pallets. I don't know if Freddy will see survivors' auras in Dream State, but to wake up you gonna need fail a skillcheck, showing you location for the killer, and if you take these clock boxes will increase the time to wake up others survivors by interacting with them. And in Dream State there's no terror radius, only the lullaby, so it will be hard to know where is he coming. I kinda liked the rework.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    Options

If they sleep you allow to use your power. This is very bad.

• Niitosky
    Options

how does the reduction in teleportation cooldown and the traps (that are visible and so the survivor have to just avoid), are an improvement over the previous dream world where you had a debuff on all action speeds + see aura of survivor?

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

One thing you have to keep in mind is this change has the possibility to level out the game so they could look at how to slow it down aka the gen rush for all.

Let's be honest his whole power was to slow the game down which hurts slowing it down overall for all killers.

You also have to think about the annoying rng part of his power if they get out quick or the tedium of it when you dont and why he wasn't used much or liked.

The potential this opens is there. We just need to see if anything becomes of it.

• Niitosky
    Options

how does the reduction in teleportation cooldown and the traps (that are visible and so the survivor have to just avoid), are an improvement over the previous dream world where you had a debuff on all action speeds + see aura of survivor?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

@Guertena

The dream clocks don't increase the time to wake somebody up. They give you 30 seconds of immunity before you start passively falling asleep again.

Increasing time to wake someone up seems that every time somebody wakes you up from the Dream World the next time someone tries to wake you up it's going to take longer up until 16 seconds.

For example if Neo goes to David to wake her up. The next time she's put asleep and goes to Claudette to wake her up it's going to take longer.

The wake-up penalty seems to be only attached to the character that gets woken up

The only downsides to staying in the dreamworld are

1) You're susceptible to dream snares and dream pallets

2) Freddy will get reduced cooldown on his teleportation for every person that is in dreamworld. 15% per dw survivor for a maximum of 60% if everybody is sleeping or 80% with add-ons

3) you become susceptible to the addons that will reduce your action speed

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    Options

This sounds like a bad tradeoff.

• Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194
    Options

can you still see auras if they are asleep like before? if so then thats a positive aint it?

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options
  • Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

I think they are aiming to make every killer somewhere around a "viable M1 killer" level; and then they hope to balance the game so that M1 killers are viable.

It's just going to feel bad in the meantime when the rework we've been waiting 2 years for might be unusable at red ranks without rare high tier add-ons.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

Won't it still have negative affects while a person is asleep? It's also passive and allows Freddy to hit people even while they're awake. People need to stop treating this like a nerf. It's like they don't even know what that word means.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    edited July 2019
    Options

The only negatives to being asleep will be that you're effected by the dream snares and pallets, there's no action speed penalty anymore.

Personally I don't think it's a nerf, He's definitively going to be stronger but I'd say he'll end up mid-tier at best. Waking up is just too easy so I think he'll be getting looped pretty hard.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

The more people that are asleep, the faster Freddy's Dream Projection (teleport) recharges. If you decide not to wake up, you'll also be at risk of hitting a trap all the time rather than only after getting hit once.

On top of that, there's a good amount of add-ons that slow action speed for sleeping survivors, so you definitely won't want to stay asleep the whole time.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

@Peanits can we place fake pallets in weird places like inside another pallet or all beside eachother in a building or do we have specific locations we have to use?

Is there any drawback to the survivor dropping a fake pallet.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Did you read the post?

I will simplify for you.

The game can go too fast and people want another objective.

One killers whole power is to slow everything down which hurts the possibility of another objective or will need to be nerfed if it happened making them even worse in the long run and more tedious to play as and versus.

I won't comment on the new design as I haven't tested him out yet and will give feedback when I have on what I think may be weak or strong.

• Peanits
    Options

Only pallet spawn locations (i.e. places where pallets CAN spawn, not just where they did spawn), and not inside one another. Placing them anywhere would be a little silly since experienced players know where actual pallets can spawn.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
    Options

First 4 minutes of the game, power through the first 3 gens ( Freddy will be stuck in Trapper mode, trying to plan a few of his traps out.)

Even with shorten teleport times, he will have to chase someone, odds are that with a hit, the chase will last 30-40 seconds at the fastest time. in the meantime power through the gens. (even with a slow effect). You should be able to get a 4th gen done.

On the last gen, you may want to clear if you can to allow for a faster action speed on the last gen and gate.

Until The Dev's default bigger slowdown effects as a base kit to killers like Freddy or Plague, survivor meta is to not cleanse the effects so that they hold back power and get more survivors out.

Suggestion in testing is to listen to Red Rank killers and survivors. Balance to rank 4-5 as you want to balance the play to people improving with time and thus we wont have another killer that is trash at purple and red ranks.

• Peanits
    Options

Freddy is able to place traps during a chase without slowing down. He does not need to place traps in advance like other killers.

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197
    edited July 2019
    Options

I am honestly surprised that the Devs still didn't give up on Killer Mains. Y'all are never happy with anything, it's honestly sad.

(why did the Devs remove the down-vote button? I want to see how many Killer Mains would down vote this lul)

• DarkGGhost
    Options

Why do you think devs help killers more than survivors ?

• WolfPad06
    WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182
    Options

I hope one of the Ultra Rare Add-on is converting the Snares into Blood Pallets that hurt the survivor if the throw it down.

• DarkGGhost
    Options

I can see your point but most killers here can see if a killer will be good or not. Freedy will work the same way as clown and devs say that clown is the worst killer in the game. At the same time, devs create new mechanic for survivors but give new perk that maybe help you in the game for the killer. Lastly, for some reason, most survivors think it's fair to be able to 1v1 the killer when the game is 1v4.

• typervader
    typervader Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 491
    Options

Clown is the worst killer what? Freddy will be better then clown either way.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

Can confirm that Dream Pallets are a great way to get hit.

• ZacKdbd
    ZacKdbd Member Posts: 99
    Options

Because Freddy is now allowed to hit when awake. EVerybody is forgetting that.

• tehshadowman33
    Options

I mean. It doesn't do anything in base kit other than reduce Freddy's teleport cooldown. It sounds like there's going to be a huge dilemma when it comes to his addons because you won't be able to plug any of the gaping holes the developers left in terms of New Freddy's weaknesses now... but that's left to be seen. We already know that New Freddy's going to get the usual range of GARBAGE status effect addons that don't actually impact the game in any meaningful way and are just there as filler... Seriously, just don't even bother with status effect addons unless they do something useful.

I really, really hope that Matt misspoke and that the teleport doesn't give an indication right when Freddy uses it. It's already bad enough OoO lets someone know Freddy's gonna teleport based on his change in animation. There's zero incentive for Freddy to cancel the teleport considering the fact it immediately puts it on cooldown... OOOH MINDGAME CITY.... LEMME CANCEL MY TELEPORT AND HAVE A 30 SECOND COOLDOWN

/s

• Peanits
    Options

The cooldown when cancelling the teleport is shorter than the base cooldown. You do not have to wait 45 seconds when you cancel it. It's crucial to have a short cooldown after cancelling the teleport to prevent someone from spamming the power on every generator.

• Niitosky
    Options

why not implement it in the power instead of in it to an addon?

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850
    Options

3 year rework and we get this time to form the angry mob

• DarkGGhost
    Options

Well clown have 55 % kill success on pc and that was the lower so yes clown is the worst.

• tehshadowman33
    Options

OK, that's better than nothing I guess. I suppose in that case you MIGHT be able to jedi mindtrick someone using Lithe/Sprintburst + OoO into wasting their exhaustion perk.

But that's a big stretch.

I still to this day wish there was no cooldown on canceling generator kicks. It's soooooooo annoying if you misclick and have to wait there like an idiot until you can finally kick the generator again.