The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Sprint burst buff?

Migz
Migz Member Posts: 15

Sprint burst is used anytime you press the sprint button/key while exhaustion is recovered but i think it would make the perk more useful if you could activate it at will therefore you dont have to walk around the map somthing is telling me this would be op but just came to mind lol...

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

That'd just make it too much honestly. And it'd mostly invalidate the other 3 exhaustion perks too.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,270

It would make other exhaustion perks pretty pointless as well. Why would I ever run lithe, a perk which I'm free to activate midchase but have to vault something first, If I can just get the same speed boost by pushing a button? Why would I use dead hard to jump forward 2 feet if I can activate sprint burst at the exact moment to get WAY more distance? The only exhaustion that WOULDNT be completely outclassed would be balanced landing, due to the reduced fall recovery aspect on it.

• Migz

Yh dead hard came to mind but diffenent in the way that you take no damage during the dash

• Migz

Rip

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Said this idea already a month ago and got a bunch of downvotes, people said it would be dead hard on steroids. XP

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Activateable sprint burst would just make all other exhaustion perks useless.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Players make this suggestion all the time.

No, it would be way too powerful and unbalanced.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253

You shouldn't really advertise exploits on a official developer forum.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Sprint Brust is still one of the most powerful exhaustion perks.

No need to buff it.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

This is already a thing with its fun bug :)

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,234

Especially DH would become obsolete because sprint burst also can be used to break killer attacks.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Sprint burst, the only exhaustion perk that has an actual downside that isn't "Ok you can't use me for a lil' bit. Lithe is easy to activate, balanced landing is a fair bit harder (with some obvious exceptions), but also reduces stagger. Dead Hard actually makes you invincible no matter your distance to the killer. Sprint Burst is the only exhaustion perk that actually gives you a problem when using it, and is the only sprint perk imo that doesn't require any nerf or buff.