Spirit makes you rage

Options

It's so annoying and tilting playing against her. If she sees you it's over in 2 seconds. Nothing you can do. She just uses her power, oh look scratch marks finishes here, out of hit and M1 oh look scratch marks end here and you can hear the injured sounds, out of hit and M1. That's so stupid!

"You can mindgame her!!" No you can't.

If you stand still or walking scratch marks still end when you started to do it. Also she can see grassol moving and breath and blood stains. It's just pathetic. She has a sonic speed every X second and you can't see her!

Oh and the mindgames. She stands still and you don't know if she is using her power or bleffing but you are screwed both cases. If you think she is bleffing you still keep running and leaving scratchmarks and she can use her power if you run. If you think she is chasing you try to walk or retreat but that's not gonna work since she still gets you every freaking time.

Oh and what about her stupid add-on that makes her phase not heard? That's disgusting and she can catch you on gen without even knowing her presence. It's not hard listening to gen taps and pressing M1 on surv as soon as you quit phasing.

I'm seeing a lot of Spirit and so tired and tilted of this meta, she makes me hate the game, no other killers make me hate the game this much. Nurse is hard to master and takes effort but the Spirit is just low effort and big power.

Comments

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

That's on you :)

• JustJess
    JustJess Member Posts: 154
    Options

You didn't even try to tell me how to cope with her and making actual points to prove saying she isn't that tilting and boring to play against her.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477
    Options

Just run iron will. It negates her listening to you. Then at that point you just have to work on hiding scratch marks to the best of your ability. She is counterable when you actually know how she works. Also pay attention to when she uses her ability so you know when she's on cooldown and trying to bait you with a fake phasing.

• JustJess
    edited July 2019
    Options

How can you hide your scratch marks if she can see scratch marks ended and it's obvious you're there? I know how she works and I also run Iron Will but she will still check scratchmarks and blood stains...

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Well you got Lightweight which can kinda work and Poised, one of Jane's perks. Poised is situational though, but it can save your life against a spirit.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

Walk at a sufficient distance from the spirit using debris and cover to give you an oppurtunity to run whilst shes trying to figure out your position. Position your walk movement so you can reach a close by pallet if she spots you after phasing.

Spirit is not an easy match up and its primarily why i run iron will along with the number of jukes you can get from iron will. This is a tough matchup but your goal shouldn't be to lose her but confuse her long enough to reach a pallet close by. Once she expends her power shes a 110 ms killer which makes looping her significantly easier.

Shes also a different killer to face in competitve ranks other then billy and nurse. For eu players its either her or nurse i do not want to see this killer nerfed as substitutes for high rank killers is nurse only in eu due to billy not quite cutting it in red ranks. Try counterplay siggested above and be patient around spirit plenty of survivours can loop and juke a spirit with practise look at marths survivour gameplay vs spirit for a guide on how to adequatly counter the spirit.

• JustJess
    Options

Will try as you said and check the guide thank you for the reply.

• SpyMature
    SpyMature Member Posts: 204
    Options

tbh, she is really tilting, I'd rather play against a good nurse than against good spirit, because when she finds you, all you can do is hope that she's bad, as there's no counterplay to her, before devs fixed the sounds, you could double back and try to mindgame her, but that is no longer the case, as your footsteps became extremely loud.

Want to double back and run straight at her husk? She's gonna hear your loud footsteps

Want to run in zig zags to make it harder for her to follow your scratchmarks? She's still gonna hear your loud footsteps and appear right on top of you

Want to stop running and walk away? She is STILL gonna hear your footsteps

Wanna stop running and crouch away? She's gonna appear where she last saw your scratchmarks/heard your footsteps and instantly see you trying to crouch away

You're injured and she saw you? Better hope that she just installed this game

This is coming from experience of playing as spirit and against her, I'm not saying that she's OP or anything, a well organized team can still gen rush her as she's not gonna be able to down everyone constantly, but she's kinda like the v1 legion, once she sees you, there is only hope that can save you.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

She's a good killer but not without her drawbacks, I personally believe she is the most balanced killer in the game.

If you played as her you'll realize that her power can be gamble. If you're running into spirits a lot and don't like playing against her, Run Iron will, It's her downfall, Maybe even Urban if you're having trouble hiding your scratch marks. Also Vault spots are a good way to loop her.

• SpyMature
    Options

She USED to be a gamble, but now that the sounds are fixed, you should've noticed that you can hear footsteps a lot easier, trying to use Iron Will against her is a waste of a perk slot, considering she can still hear your footsteps.

I wish they would give a buff to Lightweight so your footsteps would be more silent

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674
    Options

Completely agree with you, feels like old Legion, going down no matter what you do. Most boring killer to go against imo. Worse than Nurse and Billy.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442
    Options

its big part of right but when both sides all good killer benefits from that guessing

so he counting main ability of her is too good

but it should be cause she have 110% of normal speeds,

for me only op is no sound setting and father glass those addons are no brainer

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

lol

i just get spooked when i play against her.

I'm so glad i get to face a killer that actually scares me in a horror game :)))))))

• JustJess
    Options

Those "QUAAAACK" "AAAAAH" are so disturbing make me hate her even more hahaha

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    Options

Bring the classic Iron Will, bam! She can't hear your cries of pain.

Then you have a good selection of perks that counter her, my personal favourite is: Quick & Quiet, Dance With Me, Lithe.

Quick & Quiet so she doesn't know the fast vault you just pulled off. Dance With Me to cover the track marks, the only way she could follow you. Lithe to gain that sweet distance, but Lithe is optional.

If you don't want any of these perks, then it's similar to mindgaming nurse, breaking line of sight and possibly walking back towards her when you know she is phasing. I don't think many people phase as Spirit just to return to the point where they began.

In my opinion, Spirit is one of the most balanced and high-tier viable killers that the devs have released, they did a good job. She's just very mind-game hungry.

• EerieBloodyToxicity
    EerieBloodyToxicity Member Posts: 28
    Options

Oh no a killer that can actually kill. Nerf em fast. Crybaby survivors can't handle it.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,083
    Options

The OP and @spymature definitely does not play spirit and I wouldn't be too surprised to say low rank survivor. There is a reason why everyone calls spirit the queen of mind games in DBD and she's arguably one of the most balanced killers in the game. The mind game for spirit works like this. You run to a loop, then when you think the spirit is using the power, you drop the pallet and this pallet becomes the mind game. If you wonder why this is the mind game, it's because spirit has 110% movement speed and she will most likely never get bloodlust because of phase walk makes you lose vision of survivor therefore canceling it. So the mind game works like this, the spirit has 3 possible actions she can do and you have 3 possible actions. She either stands still, walks to right of side of the pallet or walks to left side, your options are walking right side, left side or slow vaulting a pallet. If you make the correct read, the spirit wastes her power and is forced to break the pallet. As spirit, you never want to break the pallet. A few tips, If spirit used her power to start a chase, standing still does nothing because her power has internal cooldown, so you can safely call her bluff. perks that alert you of her presence like Spine chill or hide your presence such as Iron will or Dance with me can play.

I like killers that have some sort of anti-loop potential/mind game potential because they're more challenging to beat, but most people just like to stomp weak killers and take easy 4 man escapes. I find it extremely boring and very imbalanced, however each to their own.

• SpyMature
    Options

@Devil_hit11 definitely didn't play spirit after the sound update and I wouldn't be too surprised to say he's low rank killer.

Did you even read what I said? Are you trying to say everything I said is false? I came to my conclusion by playing as her and against her at purple/red ranks. Even the pallet mindgame is no mindgame at all with the footstep sound increased, there is 3 things a survivor can do after dropping a pallet - stay still / slow vault the pallet / crouch away. walking or running will give away your exact position.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

That's impossible. I countered her with dance with me and quick and quiet only. I guess you gotta get good.

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748
    Options

True, it's her sounds and her "Haaaa" sounds when she's carrying you is what tilts me. She "mindgames" you and downs you and the "Haaaa" sound is as if she's laughing at you. I hate the killer and her map, but Adam is nice.

• HorsePower
    HorsePower Member Posts: 126
    Options

Yeah just run a perk against a killer you don't even face every game.

Outstanding move.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250
    Options

@HorsePower Just use Iron Will 5Head