Why is the Entity displeased?

Zender
Zender Member Posts: 178

I'm new to the game and the forums, currently rank 11.

I just wrapped up a match and noticed that as a killer the survivors were ranked 11, 9, 8, and 4. It also took about 9 minutes for the lobby to spawn and another 5 to get it full.

I started thinking about if these guys were playing together and using teamspeak, vent, discord, etc what perks they would not even need to bring to the match. I came up with this list:

Bond

Spine Chill

Empathy

Alert

Kindred

Dark Sense

Detective's Hunch

Deja Vu

Hard to balanced a 4v1 game I am sure. Just seems a little extra wonky when survivors can use comms to break the meta very easily.

Why you so mad at me entity!?!?

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Don't get what this post is about?

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

@Milo he's complaining about how an SWF with voice coms not even using meta perk beat him and he got a displeased rating on the game

• Zender

Just seems like there should be queue with SWF or perhaps give the killer an edge based on how many in the group are queued together. Whether that is more perks as well or something I don't know.

I just know I'm solo as killer and don't have the benefit of having 3 other people constantly triangulating my position and discussing strategy.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@AetherBytes Understnadable, have a nice day

• Zender

Just played a match at rank 12 against a 19, 4, 5, and 7. Why not pair SWF games against the lowest ranked player?

• ppalmer86
    ppalmer86 Member Posts: 1

You will get mismatched games.. Sometimes in your favor and sometimes not..

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited July 2019

I'm with Zender. They should put pair the survivors up with the killer with a similar rank to the lowest ranked person. It doesn't make sense facing rank 4s as a rank 11. If they wanna boost their friends' ranks, they should have to work for it. Make the killer Rank 4 as well. We all know that the only reason SWFs win games is because a bunch of people who are not good at all on their own are overpowered together.

@Peanits Any reason why this is not the case currently?

• BirdmanOwO
    BirdmanOwO Member Posts: 43

@Zender The reason they don't do this is probably so if a really experienced player (like one in red ranks) introduces someone to the game, that new level 20 doesn't have to face a level 1-4 killer. That would likely drive away players. One of my friends were driven away by a level 18 doctor in his first game, so you can imagine how many people would refund it after playing against a high-ranked nurse or spirit.

• Zender

@birdmanowo They need to come up with something, like an average minus 2 or something. Someone scared off by a rank 18 doctor sounds like they just didn't have the heart to play this game.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Perhaps the pip rewards should be adjusted toward the average rank of players, and maybe a hidden team rating.

Yes, you should be rewarded for winning against a higher rank survivor team, and you shouldn't be chastised so badly for losing.

But on the flip side, you should not be equally rewarded for winning against a lower rank survivor team, and be punished more harshly for losing.

• Creepytaco
    Creepytaco Member Posts: 36

I would support a slightly stronger killer if I am playing with friends. That would make it more fun IMHO, but that depends what the devs would allow

• witelighting
    witelighting Member Posts: 20
  • BirdmanOwO
    BirdmanOwO Member Posts: 43

@Zender In retrospect, that friend of mine gets mad easily.

The developer update they released recently talked about adding matchmaking based on average rank. However, I do kind of like your idea of subtracting from the average to balance it out a bit better.