The Legion changes that would make them viable again (A suggestion)

Options
Strolfer
Strolfer Member Posts: 21
edited July 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

First of all: I have just seen some topics about Legion buffs that suggested numbers and other changes like mine (Since this is a repost I'm going to add some of the ideas that I've seen and give proper credits) and I'm really happy to see people that didn't give up on them yet, but I wrote this post before that, I am reposting here because I've posted before in Killers Forum, I didn't know I had to post it here in the Subforum, sorry.

here are some changes that I think would be good for The Legion, with counterplay but trying to make them fun to play again but still keeping their Power to slow the game down and ACTUALLY be able to reach survivors.

1. The Frenzy movement speed is increased from 5.0 m/s to 5.2 m/s (Running Survivors move at 4.0 m/s. Yes, it seems strong but with the way The legion is now, killers won't be using their power to hit the same survivor multiple times, the bonus speed is to catch up survivors that are far away, because even if you hit someone and instantly go for another survivor within your terror radius you won't be able to get to them most of the times)
  2. Missing an attack in Frenzy cancels the power immediately. But the fatigue duration from missing an attack is reduced to 2 seconds. This timer can not be changed by add-ons. (I know what you're thinking, but just wait ok?)
  3. Increased the duration of Frenzy to 15 seconds (Currently 10 seconds) Note- There is NO WAY you can use Legion's power without using the Stolen Sketch Book Add-On, this change would open one add-on slot for the players to use (How it should be) and due to the changes suggested on topics 1 and 5 It would be balanced
  4. Reduce the default fatigue duration when Frenzy ends or is manually canceled to 3 seconds. (Currently 4 seconds) Note - There are more downsides than rewards for using their power unless there's at least 2 survivors close to each other, 4 seconds is a lot of time to waste just by using YOUR POWER, I mean, look at The Nurse; She can use 2 Blinks by default and have the lunge attack and just get stunned for 2.5 seconds (this time can be reduced) while Legion just gains 1.0 m/s for 10 seconds and sees no Scratch Marks and Blood Pools and they get fatigue for 4 seconds?! Without nothing to reduce this time ?! That's ridiculous.
  5. Landing a sucessfull hit on a survivor that doesn't have the Deep Wound status effect applied sets the remaining duration of Feral Frenzy to 70% of It's total duration If below 70% of total duration (10.5 secs by default). Note- the bonus 5 seconds is mainly for reaching for survivors If this timer go back for 15 seconds for each unnafected survivor hit, you would have 1 min of Feral Frenzy at 5.2 m/s, that's just too much

ADD-ON Changes

These Add-Ons became complete useless and obsolete with the new Legion since patch 2.7.0 so here are some suggestions for them

Smiley Face Pin: After applying Deep Wounds to a survivor while in Feral Frenzy gain a Token, each Token grants +0.2 m/s. Loses all Tokens when Feral Frenzy goes off. 'Can not exceed 4 Tokens'

Defaced Smiley Pin: After applying Deep Wounds to a survivor while in Feral Frenzy gain a Token, each Token reduces the next fatigue time you receive by 0.4 seconds. Loses all Tokens when Feral Frenzy goes off. 'Does not affect missed attack penalty' 'Can not exceed 4 Tokens'

The Legion Pin: Survivors that got Injured from Healthy (IDK if I wrote that right sorry, I'm not a native speaker) by Feral Frenzy have their Repair speed reduced by 25% until fully healed.

Frank's Mix Tape (@Unnamed_Freak 's Idea):The Deep Wound timer goes down while mending. Whenever the Deep Wound timer runs out whilst mending, the Survivor affected will go into the dying state.

PERKS CHANGES (Not the Legion ones)

If these perks got these changes/buffs they would inderectly give a small buff tô The Legion

• Thanatophobia all survivors receive an action speed penalty 'affects mending' of 3%/4%/5% to a maximum of 12%/16%/20% (currently 3%/3.5%/4% to a maximum of 12%/14%/16%)

• Bamboozle vault speed bonus affects pallets (Still does not block them)

These are all the changes that I can think of, thanks for reading until here if you have any suggestions or complains please comments below (:

Post edited by Strolfer on

Comments

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

Seems pretty reasonable the buffs here. Not sire if its enough but some small buffs like this would go along way to building legion as a killer up.

• Strolfer
    Options

I tried to keep Legion the way the Devs wanted but making them stronger because right now they only work on unexperienced survivors, I would suggest a buff to vault speeds while in FF, but people would overreact instead of seem how much they need it

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    Options

Honestly, if I were the devs, I would do that and ignore the overreacters. The issue with the devs is they think killers should follow general rules with how they worked so they dont add anything to the base mechanics to make them more fleshed out or interesting to work with. So We end up getting half assed re-works like this and honestly it’s why I stop playing DBd.

survivors are boring they all play the same and killers are way too basic have that much debt it’s kind of gotten tired some especially without ghost face was handled because they didn’t remove the pallet stone taking power away thing because it was OP it was to fit him in line with the basic rules of other killers which is honestly a ######### dumb reason. You can make simple interesting and fun dead by daylight on the other hand isn’t that it’s simple and bare-bones that can make it really boring.

• Strolfer
    Options

Even New game modes could have been cool like a 16 survivors 20 generators and 4 killers in a bigger map but they don't add anything new and fresh

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Pins don't need that many changes. Just "when applying DW also give them X debuff" instead of what we havce now

And question about point 2 and 4. What's stopping the Legion to just a quick lil stab and get a 2 sec stun instead of a 3 second stun (not counting add-ons)

• Strolfer
    Options

Missing an attack already wastes time on the animation but I haven't thought about that possible exploit... Then let's make the 2 part of 4, any time FF ends the stun would be 3 seca, that would allow Defaced Smiley Pin to work on every situation

• Strolfer
    Options

Aldo the pins need these changes, right now they're useless and applying a effect like blindness isn't much usefull only If they're all together in one pin, the one that I like most os the gen repair penalty Since it truly makes them wastes time; healing or repairing slower

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442
    Options

this is decent overall but speed and duration stats are too op

its become free injure like before but now they have 115%? how its balanced?

if they not change duration addons legion have enough time to chain hit all survivors in detecting active range

also legion ability make any pallets and vaulting pointless when survivors not injured

current legion already unavoidable if legion uses ability at vault position or close enough to survivors unless you have 50-pings and hit with pallet

• Strolfer
    Options

Cleary you don't play as Legion, you van loop they at some pallets because the vault speed is really slow, and no, there is not enough time to chain hit survivors If they're more than 20m away and running away (your terror radius is 32) it's only +0,2 m/s (blooslust 1) and the bonus 5 seconds to FF is only for reaching survivors, not chain hitting

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

But imagine this - The Legion PIn (that is green rarity mind you) with Sloppy Butcher and Thanathophobia. And let's just say you hit everytime atleast 2 people.

• Strolfer
    Options

FF is supposed to slow the game down, a genarator takes 80 secs to be completed (1 person Without toolboxes or great skill checks) this time increased by 25% (the Legion Pin) takes only +20 secs (total=100 secs as you can see it's not much). And about the healing time: mangled applies a 20% penalty to healing (normal healing 16 secs - self care 32) considering the normal healing time, mangled, and 2 ppl injured with the suggested changes on Thanatophobia It would take 21 secs to heal yourself, 42 secs with self care, and I memory serves Mending takes 15 secs affected by Thanatophobia with 2 ppl injured it would take 16,5 secs. It's only slowing the game down a bit, not the end of the world, Legion os supposed to do that while being fun to play

• Odimm
    Odimm Member Posts: 33
    Options

Why would they? Selling "cool" skins is way more profitable then actually balancing the game / introducing new features that guarantee a long-term success game...

• Strolfer
    Options

Exactly, I understand that they need the money and all but would it kill them to make a new game mode and hear the community? The Legion os not on the most popular tags for nothing, people want the buff but they simply don't care