BHVR, as an independent developer you could be consumer friendly

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602
    Options

I don't see any harm being done if people got refunded with whatever in-game currency they used to buy it with.

Of course and obviously not real money.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

That’s EXACTLY why I never spent a dollar in this game since Ash was changed

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

I bought Ash cause i like evil dead not cause of his perks, MoM was a stain on him when he came out glad they made it less oppressive to 90% of the killer cast

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited July 2019
    Options

@KillermainBTWm8 It wasn't just the number of DLCs to buy, it was the sheer amount of grinding, on top of the asinine RNG, to hopefully get the needed perks for decent builds, that stopped my own friends and family from buying the game after trying a free weekend on Steam.

They have zero interest in grinding the RNG mess, especially with de-ranking being such an issue and having to go against Vet players before they even have a decent basic build. If they wanted a grind at that level of grind, there are better games out there. If they wanted to get dumped into a pool with Vets and chewed apart, there are also better games out there.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

In Behavior's eyes, being customer friendly doesn't generate enough revenue to be worth it.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

No one in their right mind would say that the sheer invisibility granted by some of Claudette's outfits is fair. Even now, they provide a huge advantage over other survivors' options.

That said, I think BHVR is right to change things within reason, especially for balance. It is silly to demand a refund each and every time this happens.

They certainly have a lot of room to be consumer friendly, but this is not one of the ways.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    Options

Yeah, bhvr basically still has the money of the customer.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    Options

Looking at this from a distance really opens they eyes how mental the concept is. As someone who played since release u don't feel the grind that insane. But it's already to much for me. So I can just imagine and don't blame new people who just don't want to play because of this. Imo bhvr is doing a big mistake by not addressing the grind.

• BalmungUchiha
    BalmungUchiha Member Posts: 7
    Options

Did I miss this game somehow being extremely competitive and not fun? ...Or am I in the wrong thread right now?

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243
    Options

I can't agree more about the absurd cost of the cosmetics. With auric cells costing so much, the cosmetics should be about a third of what they cost. I also like the idea of being able to exchange a cosmetic you might not use anymore. Maybe allowing one exchange a month maybe.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Frankly I don't understand why someone spends money on cosmetics. They're pointless. The only reason to buy any (for real money) is to support BHVR, but then of course one would not ask for a refund. And those bought by Iridescents, well, don't look a gift Maurice in the mouth.

Btw, BHVR is insanely consumer friendly. This forum right here is a proof, they listen to our requests, tolerate our tantrums, try to tweak and balance their game to satisfy the highest possible number of people. Not that they don't make mistakes, but compare this with early video game industry: you buy the CD/DVD whatever, and that's it. If it's buggy, a patch may or may not come out. If it's multiplayer, but terribly imbalanced... well, tough luck. So... yea, they do a lot to please us, it's just that our expectations are very high, and most of us have a tendency to notice the bad and take the good for granted.

But I'm sidetracking. My point is, who cares about cosmetic changes?

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

@George_Soros

The OP does.

I sort of do to... I can see some where things were too dark.. But if they ever took on of those little bunnies off of Billy's belt, I'd be flipping out.

Some of those cosmetics cost allot, so I can understand why people might be annoyed by them getting changed.

• Psychic1337
    Psychic1337 Member Posts: 29
    Options

Yeah like my black cat hat for nea, it used to look so good but so I bought it but then they changed it and now it looks like someone dipped a mop in some purple paint and glued it to her head. It went from one of my favorite cosmetics to one of my least favorite.