The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one who thinks there should be consequences for camping and face camping ? In my honest opinion I have ran into so many campers I don't find this game fun anymore and I am so disappointed that I spent so much time and money on this game for it to be waste because people would rather face camp. It takes away a lot of enjoyment survivors get and ruins the point of the game. Sad.

Best Answer

Answers

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

There are consequences (they depip) but people who want to do it will still do it. Same goes for survivors abusing game mechanics.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

You posted in the wrong category.

• MapleSyrup780
    MapleSyrup780 Member Posts: 11

There should be something in place to deter it at least. Like the killer can't be within a certain distance from a hooked survivor or it will slow the time to get into struggle mode and then to finally get sacrificed. Anything to deter camping. It's getting really bad.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

We tried that already. Not only did it not deter camping, but survivors would develop strats to keep killers near a hooked survivor as long as possible to give them a huge increase in time to save the survivor and 99% multiple gens. We also tried stopping the timer, but the same thing happened again. The devs and players started to learn that aggressive punishment mechanics could be turned into abusive tools that gave survivors too much safety. Crippling the chaser emblem turned out to be a much better solution. Also hooks are no longer static. They swivel on unhook and survivors can even unhook while standing inside each other's model. So Face camping doesn't really exist anymore.

Killer's don't get the same concession of hook swiveling to hook a survivor so you can bodyblock hooks by crouching in front of it as the kill can only hook from that angle. The best way to combat being camped is to just not get caught.

• Lametart
    Lametart Member Posts: 118
    edited July 2019

I mean, if the killer gets gen rushed cuz they camped that's their own fault? Unless they're running Insidious. The killer should def be punished for it. It's so frustrating to bring in an item and offering and not be able to use them or get ANY points because you got camped. If the killer (without Insidious, regardless if they're own power conceals their Terror Radius), stays within 20 meters of the hooked survivor while outside of a chase, the countdown of the hooks can be slowed down by 10% each hook state. Giving a total of 12 extra seconds.

Or, just don't give the killer points for the sacrifice. Periardt. The Entity wants to consume ALL the survivors. It took in the killers cuz they're supposed to be sadistic blood crazed maniacs. Not patient death observers lmao

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I think survivors would be okay if they got a heap of bloodpoints for being camped and the killer got penalized for it. I know I wouldnt mind being camped if it meant I was getting BPs for it and knowing the twat camping me would get out with nothing for it...