Are DBD content creators increasingly becoming burnt out with this game?

A few of the Youtubers/streamers I've been watching who are well known for their DBD content seem to be getting more annoyed with this game. I don't know if I'm just seeing things or if its just a trend because of the current state of the game. For instance, TydeTyme has completely abandoned the game because of his loss of interest in it. Anyone else feel like they are noticing this trend as well?

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
  • snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

It goes for me too see I took a break but I'm still not wanting to play this game and I Idk way:( guess I might come back to this game once they add dedicated servers but I idk. See if they just add dedicated servers now just maybe just a maybe steamers and players might come back to this game. But the devs just don't do it and we have been saying theres no reason way you can't add it now.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Also I'm burned out with this game due to all of the dcs and salt I get from this game. Also it's not fun anymore with all of the dcs.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I take OFTEN breaks from this game so I don't get burned out, not done with grind so that's a move forward.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Those numbers are also quite inaccurate though.

One because those numbers are artificially inflated by people who just leave their game up but afk to rack up their number.

Secondly I don't trust those numbers because there are many people missing from that list that should be there.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I mean the game has been the same since it's release, I'd be more shocked if someone didn't get burnout playing the same trials over and over for years.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Not completely accurate. I should be in the top 60, I don't show up.

• Boss

Fair enough.

Though i didn't bring it up for accuracy.

I brought it up to make the point that everyone burns out at different points.

• Boss

yeah, somone else already showed evidence it's not 100%.

But like i said to them, the point wasn't to be 100% accurate...

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Well my other point though is still valid. Your point is that a lot of people are still playing it, but those high hour players doesn't illustrate that. Games hours =/= play time.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

Im not annoyed from this game i think.

<- this guy is a veteran from the release with over 5k hours in this game ^^

And yea.. I feel this too. It's not that DbD is annoying me. It does annoy me over years and I always continued playing this game and having fun with all bugs, awful perks, mechanics and balance issues. And im glad the devs try to balance the game better and there were taff times went they started balancing the survivor related game mechanics.

I will see how the maps will gonna be. But dbd is boring. New killer arent very exciting and the most new perks arent viable and fun to play. Ghostface is there. And yea.. dbd is still the same. Solo games are still a huge problem.

And honestly. I loved the action-based dbd. Strong perks, strong combinations of different mechanics. But the whole game and the maps werent balanced for this. So many balance changes made the game more and more boring.

And it's not the devs fault, the loudest part of the community wants that. Perks which just do very slightly effects on the game. And yea that's just boring af. Idk man it's hard to discribe.

The devs also could have perks like the wake up bug, sprint burst on command and stuff like this. Selfcare at 75% healing speed. But the maps and how the most killer works doesnt allow you to have a 15% increased speed at everything. But it makes fun to play it.

It makes fun to have a Boost on command. but it's broken because the major things and mechanics the game are not strong enough for the killer gameplay. And thats frustrating you know?

I dont want sth like Mettle of Man (the early version) that#s just toxic and not fun to play. Also I dont like it to change my whole playstyle for a perk. The fact that it's also annoying as Killer doesnt matter because a pekr like the old MoM would be absolutely fine if how maps are working would work much better. Also some new killer mechanics like a base kit fire up would be so neat. But yea ^^ But that's not how it works and so dbd just becomes very boring and when Im sitting on my table and im about to play some dbd I feel like "nah" it's lame

I want a balanced game

not a boring and frustrating game

but theyre doing boring stuff because of the way theyre balancing things and when I asked in a dev stream what's with the solo q's i got a "we should think about it" ^^

Today I played my first hour dbd after weeks. Wanna test the SB bug. It feels like a future perk, if the game will be every able to handle perks like this. But I switched it with Dead Hard, because every momentum triggers SB when m2 is active and I am way to lazy to crouch + m2 everytime I do an action.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I would.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

If you find a balance between the perks and the perks of the opposite role, there is no issue.

But both roles should be equally strong, skill, situational ######### should direct to win/loose.

• Boss

That would come down to a matter of opinion, and considering i've seen multiple players myself in this game and others who do that, i'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Besides, the point you state i make is not actually my point, my point is that some are willing to go that far, there's a difference.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

In TydeTime's case he's literally getting better sponsor treatment from the DeathGarden team and Capcom. Even though Deatgarden has a smaller player base it is the better game coming out of Behaviour. Dedicated Servers, power role actually feeling powerful, experience gain is faster and game is less grind heavy. I play it and think it is just a much more rewarding experience.

Tru3's been very vocal about his concerns and frustrations with the game. He'd probably play something different if not for the fact that DBD is his top driver in getting views and the fact he wants to actually fix DBD. Noob3 seems pretty burnt out at times these days.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Playing a game more or less as a job is something that WILL burn people out unless it's the very rare situation where the game is one of those magical games they could play 24 hours a day if they didn't have to sleep, eat and basically live. I'm sure we've all had games we simply don't want to stop playing, and if that game is DBD for a DBD streamer they're one lucky person.

A game you enjoy, even enjoy a LOT will eventually burn you out, which is why it's important to play and do entirely other things as well for everyone that has the time to play a lot.

It's a real shame I'm sure some feel obliged to play the game even if they really want to legitimately go play Civ 6 or something instead, but that's how it can be when you have an audience that primarily (or even ONLY) know you as "that DBD person".

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

People getting burnt out is natural plus it's nice for people to expand their audience

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477

Yeah I understand that. My observation was that it seems like big name streamers are starting to become burnt out around the same time. I'd say this trend started over the past few months. Now it seems like one by one these content creators are either playing less, moving on, or are just really aggravated and hesitant about taking a break from DBD. Burnout is natural for people who continually play the same game, but it all seems relatively at about the same time frame of around the 3 year anniversary.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    edited July 2019

I'm also a veteran and dont expect much from the devs anymore, my trust is lower than hell itself based off how many times they manage to mess things up/let leaks happen constantly/and not fixing perks+meta for 3years+..

But i digress it's not that hard of concept to understand really, when you play DBD as a twitch streamer and play it for like 8hours a day...

5 days a the week .. EACH WEEK IN THE MONTH, YOU'RE GONNA GET BURNT OUT!

I honestly dont understand streamers/players who say this...

"Guys im burnt out on DBD cause it's literally the only game I play that im decent at. I dont switch off games to create variety for myself and my channel because i wont get the same number of views."

WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GONNA HAPPEN WHEN YOU PLAY THE SAME GAME FOR HOURS AND CONSTANTLY COMPLAIN ABOUT THINGS.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

Salt is actually one big part keeping playing lol. Nothing tasts better than a victory seasoning with salt

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

Is your profile public or private? Might be the reason of private profiles.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Some are diversifying. Some are bored or moving on. It happens.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I think you can say that for the majority of players, let alone the Streamers/YouTubers. Many still play other games amd/or attempt to stream/upload,other atuff...but like a tale as old as time, usually when you build yourself and your brand for a particular game/gimmick and gain a decent to huge following...it sticks/becomes a double-edged sword. Many want to break off a bit and for some, it works well.

This game is still a lot of fun...but the longer you play it the more likely the issues, imbalances amd backtracking takes a toll and burnout occurs. I have been playing WAY less once the Double Bloodpoint Event/Anniversary items were over because of the grind being a bit obnoxious, coupled with the recent "updates" that keep breaking things. Chase music, footsteps are now a problem as Killer, one of my fav Killers has bugged audio. I could go on....and this is with my having only a bit over a year of play...imagine 3 years, everyday putting up with this.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

We have a ton of new and small-time content creators.

Why don't you support them instead, rather than the people who're burned out from being in the limelight for years already?

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68
    edited July 2019

i also took quite a long break ,as the grind was very disturbing

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Pretty much this, if my full time job was as chaotic as dbd current state I would burn out quickly as well

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I've said the same multiple times over the years. If you don't like the big streamers, go for the small ones. There are plenty to choose from.