How to counter the new Freddy?

Dr_Smith_
Dr_Smith_ Member Posts: 112

How the survivors are supposed to counter the Freddy with his dream pallets?

Comments

• Dr_Smith_
    Dr_Smith_ Member Posts: 112

You can't wake up, if the killer is chasing you.

So, how can you know, which pallet is real?

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

Just wake up 4Head

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261

Explore the map before working on any gens. Know where are the pallets and when you see a pallet being thrown down, remember it.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

Basically, play as SWF. Two people, asleep and awake can confirm to each other whether any pallet is real and simply throw it down.

Stay together and the dream-state becomes nothing: you don't need to run to the clock furthest from you, the limited spawns mean that one is always nearby for someone and they can wake everyone else up.

Balance can not be quickly determined in a PTB, but new-Freddy's glaring weaknesses are already being probed. Freddy's only base advantage for sleeping multiple people is it lowers the cooldown on his teleport, something which he gets little use out of if everyone is together anyway.

Freddy has basically been designed so survivors can have fun. No killer-focused concern has been addressed.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Top 5 counters to new freddy

1.Genrush(Obviously)

2.loops

3.Always stay awake

4.remember pallet positions and which have been used

5.instaheals

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

Except for 3, this is basically the survivor-meta already.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

@Peanits But when I get hit Im automatically sleeping. So yea I wanna be sure to be awake all the time but in a chase I dont have a choice... So and now imagine not every pallet spawned. Other survivors from the other side from the map who chased Freddy used some pallets. If Freddy would chase/zone me into this corner I wouldnt know which pallet is fake and wich not. The most time I cant know if a pallet is fake. I mean when I get chased and Freddy breaks the pallet and replaces it with a fake then yea.. I noticed that.

But yea I would prefer it letting the players playing with fake pallets and stuff for a few weeks and then see if there is any need changing the fake pallet addon.

I mean

you know

We dont wanna freddy Freddy again. That would be rude.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

That's why you'd want to wake up frequently, though; to memorize which pallets are real. They'll be used up over the course of the game so you'll need to keep checking.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

Genrush, as if the killer is a nurse or hillbilly

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Sometimes you're not going to be able to know which pallet is real because you haven't been to that side of the map awake or at all yet. Nothing you can really do about that.

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114

Pray that you don't end up on Blood Lodge against him.

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

The only counters are to do what survivors already do. Killers get reworks. Survivors get the same crappy game play mechanics over and over.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Actually, swf counters Freddy far harder than it does any other killer. Usually the devs make killer powers to cover up imbalances in the game, but ironically this time they made a killer that's especially vulnerable to one. As long as you're with friends, there's a very easy way of telling which pallets are real and which are fake. Especially if that particular friend is the flashlight monkey whose job is to flashlight stun save people rather than do gens.

• Exa1ib3r
    Exa1ib3r Member Posts: 86

Literally all the comments above.

Also please dont nerf Freddy :(

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

The best way to counter him is to ignore his nonsense and just power through the gens.

It takes time to wake up, time you could just spend repairing.

You just have to deal with his BS if you decide to stay asleep.

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68

Wake up , considering there's about 4 ways now for some reason it should be way easier to escape an already useless killer

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2019

Breaking them while he's chasing someone else.

Not exactly a counter because of how easily he puts them right back, but that's good practice to potentially save your teammates.