Perk Merger Request

Hear me out. I'm new to this forum, and I'm sure this probably has been mentioned before in some fashion, but I wanted to give my take on it.

BBQC is a meta perk for killers. Most will use it.

I think survivors need a meta perk, and one that is on the same spectrum.

"Were gonna live forever" is a solid BP stacking perk. However, it offers no real in-trial benefit. We really need it to maximize BP gains and encourage altruistic behavior (excluding [bad word] that try to abuse it here). It's very enticing to take it, but it gimps a survivor into actually being a 3-perk build because WGLF offers nothing else. On the killer side, BBQ offers the same benefit but has in-trial benefit with aura readings.

The only real solution to this, is to merge "Were gonna live forever", with "We'll make it". It offers the same 50%/75%/100% post-trial bonus, but adds the healing speed for hook rescues. It's a perfect synergy, and would certainly become a true meta perk for survivors.

I'm pretty sure "Were gonna live forever" had originally been intended to be called "I got you, bro" (you know, because David King personality). I think these perks should be merged, and retain the name "We'll make it", or rename the merged perks to "I got you". It would remain a David King unique perk.

It would look like this:

Your few friends deserve the best protection, and helping them heightens your morale.

For each Survivor you rescue from a Hook, gain an additional 100 % speed increase to healing up others for 30/60/90 seconds. Additionally, safe hook rescues or taking a hit to protect the Survivor awards a 25 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 50/75/100 %

Cumulative Healing Speed bonuses cannot exceed 100 %.

The bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-Trial.

"Come on then, let's 'ave it! I don't give a ######### pal." — David King

Unique to David King until Level 30, at which point its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Survivors.

Comments

• Netharon
    Netharon Member Posts: 29

Bump. Would love to hear some community opinions on this.

• starpilotsix
    starpilotsix Member Posts: 203

I'm a survivor main and I use We'll Make It and WGLF all the time. Theoretically if this happened, I'd get one extra perk to play with.

I'm against the idea.

I don't WANT WMI to be meta. It don't want everyone starting to use WMI mostly for the BP bonus and it becoming super common. I like WMI being a little rare, feeling like an absolute hero for having it and pulling off a super-fast heal that other people can't do. I like seeing someone else in a match having WMI and feeling that little bit of kinship, like, "Awesome, you're a cool dude, choosing a perk that lets you heal your teammates," whereas if they were combined I'd just think "Oh man you really want BP."

I'm not totally against WGLF having some additional benefit, but I think it should be on the weaker side, and I don't really think it needs it at all. Killers have 4 perks, vs survivors colllectively having 16, and have to spend a lot more with add-ons and such getting expended automatically. Survivors don't need their bloodpoint-bonus perk to ALSO be super powerful, that just means one more super-powerful perk.

• Netharon

Merging them wouldn't make it "super powerful". If it did, then you should also classify BBQC "super powerful" to have aura readings plus the BP stack gains. The point is, we shouldn't have 3 perk survivors because they need WGLF taking up the 4th slot in order to get anywhere near the BP gains that killers get. I suppose if they close the gap between survivor and killer BP gains (which I believe they are, from what I read), then it wouldn't be as bad. I guess I don't see a healing speed increase being super powerful when that is the only thing it does in the trial. Wouldn't that be like saying that WMI is currently super powerful?

• This is genuinely a really good idea.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I think instead of merging it, each token grants you a 2.5% faster healing speed all game, if not that, 5%.

All 4 tokens means 100% more BP in all categories and 10% to 20% faster healing speed.

• Netharon
  • starpilotsix
    starpilotsix Member Posts: 203

WMI is pretty powerful, on its own, yes. I don't think WGLF needs to be given that much additional power. BBQ's non-BP power is reasonably powerful (though easy to work around if you know a killer has it), but again, Killers have 4 perks vs survivors collectively having 16. It's okay in my book if killer perks are more powerful. Giving WGLF an ability that is on the same level as BBQ doesn't make it more fair because in a given trial 4x the people might use it. I think it's fair that if a survivor wants more BP, they can take a perk that doesn't grant them a significant benefit outside of that.

I also think killers SHOULD earn more BP than killers and that the gap doesn't NEED to be narrowed (in addition to the constant add-on costs killers have, as a survivor, if I get a low point-scoring match it's probably because I got killed early... but then I can also quickly be in another game, earning more BP, rather than playing the whole match through every time like a killer), but, whatever, lots of whiny survivors and as I'm a survivor main I'll certainly benefit, so I'm not going to complain about it because it doesn't really affect the game other than convincing more people to play survivor. But a WGLF change would change the way people play, and so I don't want the people who devote a perk slot to getting more BP (again, like myself) to also get a significant power like WMI.

Perks that are low-powerful enough that I think it wouldn't be a big deal to add them to WGLF (I mean, you can't because they wouldn't fit with the perk title/theme and most of them are already other survivor's teachables): Streetwise, Calm Spirit, Left Behind, Up the Ante, Open Handed, Sole Survivor, Breakdown, Buckle Up, Resilience, Slippery Meat.