Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

LGBTQ survivors and killers.

semaj_leachim
semaj_leachim Member Posts: 48
edited July 2019 in Lore

with cosmetics we can have ace, but I'd like to see a legit drag queen survivor (probably better killer, really.) and maybe a gay or lesbian killer. As a gaymer I dont mind stereotypes used when they're actually funny or fit the character, but it could be fun. Killers obsession could actually benefit if it's the same sex as the killer, or really random out of the box stuff. I could be an idea guy but I also expect this to be shot down fairly quickly lolol

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

i get why youd want it but doing stuff like that is kinda pointless dont you think

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

Someone could be obsessed with someone without being in love or even having them be their type, but that could be an interesting idea for perk types. Perhaps they could have some details in the character's lore about what sexuality they are. c: Like it mentions their boy/girlfriend. It'd be cool.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

I doubt a vast majority of players would care if a character's bio or lore (with the upcoming archives) mentions them having a boy/girlfriend or having a same sex friend they fancy. I don't think requesting for an idea you think is cool is the same as "cramming" it down people's throats. I don't really even think this is coming from any sort of "agenda," but from someone wanting to see themselves in their favorite game. Some of them already seem kinda gay as it is.

I think people will still imagine their favorite characters to be a certain way, even if they're confirmed gay, bi or straight, though I understand where you're coming from since they're basically just skins and people often see themselves in the characters they choose.

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

It doesn't really matter in my opinion.

I'm gay and I wouldn't mind adding a LGBTQ survivor / killer, but what's the point of adding them? The game doesn't even have deep lore and story, so... why?

And who said that the current Survivors we have aren't gay? Maybe they are, nobody knows, because it's an irrelevant information in a game like this.

• semaj_leachim

My original post was edited naming one survivor but not ace, so there felt like some slight confirmation. The point of adding them? Why have an asian and black character? Why make and females? Gays have been a part of horror since the beginning. No a drag queen killer is tongue in cheek, but think about it? After years of harassment went crazy got snatched by the entity and she has poison nails, because if you're not doing poison nails, you're not doing drag. Maybe a perk that causes a stun on the survivor because who the hell expects a clown in a wig?

• semaj_leachim

It wont let me quote martin, but unfortunately that would probably happen like it does in daily life. And just like real life, we outsmart them, get to a hatch or exit and teabag.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Im gonna say hard no to confirming that for characters, because otherwise you're gonna get people targetting those survivors specifically just because of it, and throw in "You're bashing on LGBTQ+ deliberately" when you tunnel a survivor just because they're playing a gay ones. It'll become an addendum to the killer honour book by survivors, "You cannot hurt any gay characters because they're gay."

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

I'd be down for learning a character is gay through the storylets possible in the upcoming Archive. Having backstory for the characters would be neat. Having it be mechanically represented is what I take issue with, because that means the game rewards targeting LGBT peeps - and it would make my targeting of shirtless Davids more creepy than it already is.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

Wouldn't having a gay/trans killer be considered phobic?

Wouldn't killing gay/trans survivors be considered hate?

I'm down for all the fan fiction and art that comes out about this, and I think it should stay within the realm of the fanart/fiction community personally. The lore is already vague enough to facilitate this. David is headcanon gay in my eyes and Susie is headcanon Bi.

However this is just going to paint a big target on this game from the more sensitive folks who wield their blogs and twitter smear campaigns with out a care for context.

My two bits.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

I would love to find out via the archives that some of the Survivors are gay. (I mean, I have a feeling Dwight, Meg, Nea and Ace are all LGBT, but thats just my own projections.)

But as for a Drag killer or making it a central point of a character? Not so much. Give us pride cosmetics though please.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Everyone could be gay, bi what so ever, but why force it?

Just let the players decide.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186

Don't need it. I play killers and survivors based on how they look, not who they look at.

• Doccy
    Doccy Member Posts: 103

Who cares, really?

• matchazero
    matchazero Member Posts: 13

As much as I'd love to see characters like David/Jake to be confirmed as couple like Wraith/Nurse, I think it's safer to just hint at it with the banners, lore and outfits etc. Otherwise I can see bigots specifically targeting specific characters.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    edited July 2019

Wholeheartedly agreed @HilmScrubbles, i mean like come on, it shouldn't be that hard to just think up the survivor you play as or killer is gay. I mean look at how many people love playing Quentin (Even though he's hella ugly).

If i can have the freedom to think that Tapp and Jane Romero are in a relationship in the realm, then you have the freedom to make whatever character you want gay or lesbian. Simple as that.

Edit: And one other thing, as a Christian, you don't see me pushing for a pastor type survivor, as it would be offensive to literally everyone in the community. So it just makes sense you don't do the same.

Post edited by GhostlyFoxx on
  • deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

I feel that Religion, Sex and other controversial topics should be left out of a horror game like this in my opinions.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,932

Locking this because sadly, people can't seem to be able to discuss things of this nature civilly and without resorting to insults.

This discussion has been closed.