Chordyceps
Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,711
edited October 2019 in Creations

New Killer: The Frequency

Terror Radius: 32 meters

Height: Average

Speed: 4.6 m/s

Weapon: Utility Knife

Physical Description: The Frequency is a lanky character, dressed in an electricians uniform. He has an analog TV for a head.

Primary Ability: Rewind 

When using Rewind, The Frequency can rapidly return to where he was up to 10 seconds ago. Once Rewind is activated, the frequency will automatically move back to his location 10 seconds ago at a rapid pace, retracing all his previous movements. The Frequency can cancel Rewind at any point during this process, and he will regain control at the location he was in when he canceled it. This has a cooldown of 15 seconds, and the ability starts recharging after Rewind is either completed or canceled.

Secondary Ability: Universal Remote

Using the universal remote, The Frequency can “change the channel”, which will shuffle the map chunks that have no players in them. (ie, swapping the locations of two jungle gyms on the map, rotating jungle gyms). This can be done every 120 seconds.

Passive: Static

The terror radius sound is replaced with a static noise. This sound will get louder the closer The Frequency is to a survivor.

Perks: 

Sleep Mode: You like to trick survivors into thinking they’ve hurt you, After being stunned by a palette, your terror radius and red stain disappear for 8 seconds. This effect can only trigger once every 60/50/40 seconds.

"Sorry to get your hopes up, but I don't go down that easy"

Habitual Binding: You have a hypnotic presence. After being in your terror radius for 5 seconds and then exiting it, survivors will suffer a 5%/15%/25% penalty to healing, repair and sabotage speed for 15 seconds.

"If you let habit control you, you will suffer"

Captive Audience: People watching you perform gives you heightened motivation. You become obsessed with a survivor. While your obsession is on the hook, you gain a 2%/4%/6% boost to movement speed.

"Don't leave now, you're going to miss the best part!"

Mori: The Frequency straddles the survivors chest and grabs the survivor’s head. As the survivor struggles, The Frequency presses his thumbs into the survivor’s eyes before slamming their head into the ground.

Addons:

Common:

Frayed Wires: The cooldown for rewind is slightly reduced

Bent Antenna: Rewind allows The Frequency to travel to his position 15 seconds ago

Black Dial: Slightly increases Rewind travel speed

Uncommon:

Kinked Coaxial Cable: Reduces the cooldown of Universal Remote by 20 seconds

Dusty VGA: Rewind allows the frequency to return to his position 20 seconds ago, reduces rewind travel speed.

Rusty Screwdriver: Moderately increases rewind travel speed, slightly increases rewind cooldown.

Rare:

Damaged A/V Receiver: Thrown palettes in chunks affected by Universal Remote are removed. Increases Universal Remote cooldown by 20 seconds.

Balun: Significantly increases rewind travel speed. Removes the ability to cancel rewind.

Wire Stripper: After rewind ends, gain a small speed boost for 2 seconds.

Very Rare:

Zip Tie: Allows The Frequency to return to his position 20 seconds ago. Moderately increases rewind travel speed. Slightly increases rewind cooldown.

Ethernet Cable: Universal Remote cooldown is reduced by 30 seconds.

IR Sensor: For 30 seconds after Universal Remote was activated survivors that enter chunks that were shuffled have their auras revealed for 5 seconds.

Ultra Rare:

AV Cables: Universal remote will replace every player’s perks with random perks they own for 60 seconds. Universal remote will no longer shuffle the map.

Pristine Receiver: Using rewind will reverse progress on generators and respawn cleansed totems. Significantly increases cooldown of Rewind.

Post edited by Chordyceps on

Comments

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Why is he only 110%?

• Chordyceps

I was using The Spirit's wiki page as a reference for the speed. It must not be correct, since I see now that's the same speed as the Huntress. I'll edit this to say 4.6 m/s

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

This is a pretty good sounding killer and i love the look description. I like the first power it's different! The second would be hard to pull off in-game, but it would be worth it if it actually worked. I really like these perk ideas. Habitual Binding because it can combine with a lot of perks and same with sleep mode. I don't know what perks that can go with Captive Audience, but it sounds cool. I like his mori. The sound of static instead of a heart beat, might hurt the ears a bit. However, i like the idea of it. I guess it depends on how loud it is. Great killer concept! 😄

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

Wow, really interesting ideas! I love the powers a lot. Interesting to see also how it would look. 👍️

• Chordyceps

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you like the killer. For Captive Audience, I imagine it would pair well with NoED. If your obsessions is exposed and you can hook them, the combined speed boosts would make for a very fast killer.

• Paposo
    Paposo Member Posts: 15

I found the power and its advantages very interesting!

• Chordyceps

Edit: Added add-ons and adjusted sleep mode.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Yeah Spirit and Huntress have the same speed.

Interesting concept for a killer, though it could use some mobility or map pressure since Clown has taught us that chase potential alone doesn't make a good killer.

• Chordyceps

The way I see it, rewind could be used for some map pressure too. Say you go to kick a generator, walk away, and then you hear a skill check get failed. You could very quickly return to that generator and find whoever it was that failed the skill check. And if you scare a bunch of survivors away from a generator and then use your universal remote, they'd have to work even harder to find the generator they were just working on.

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    GeneralSpudmuffin Member Posts: 311

An amazing character, I love it! I do have a few ideas to share.

I think the weapon should be a frayed cable or something, letting off sparks as he walks around. We have enough killers with a generic knife, let's think outside the box~!

Also, does he get a notification as to what gets moved when he uses Universal Remote? And if not, maybe there could be an add on for it?

And speaking of add ons, what about an ultra rare that rewinds survivors, too? Maybe instead of him, it makes them backtrack instead, undoing any progress they've made in that time. Just a thought...

Well, that's all I got for now! Good work!

• Chordyceps

I think a good way to make uv remote to work on maps with unique structures could be to scramble the palette spawns. I know it would be hard to implement from a coding standpoint, but it would still be something interesting to see. That being said, I do like the idea of having intel tools around the map that can be turned off by survivors as a secondary objective.

• Chordyceps

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! I like the idea for having the weapon be cables. I wouldnt give it noise notifications, as I feel like those just work as a not too helpful intel tool. As for the ultra rare that could rewind survivors, I feel like that would be straight up broken to rewind their position. You could essentially stand in one place you know a survivor's been, wait a few seconds and rewind for a free hit. For that to be not completely OP, it would need to greatly increase the cooldown of rewind, and even then it might be too strong.