Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Object and Spin chill need reworks/changes

Ok devs you don't seem aware or don't care a lot of killers particularly ghost face/huntress among others are trashed by object and spin chill. Maybe you made the perk not thinking "Hey survivors have pallets and loops lets give them wall hacks!" because I believe hat is about as much thought as you put into Object and Spin chill. Some of us like playing stealth killers and object/spin chill screws them hard....and poor bunny mom even has issues with it :( rework both those perks so stealth killers can be stealth killers or make them immune but wait you always talk about survivors having "fun" do you ever think about what is fun for the killer huh? like maybe Lery's is a trash map,haddonfield is awful and the corn maps aren't fun unless you play Billy and even then its a challenge and rework more then two maps a year....because that is a joke given the state many are in....rant over...

Comments

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    edited July 2019

Survivor is boring and easy its just sit,do gen,run loop,do gen,run loop,do gen,use adrenaline when hit,run some more,do gen,run out gate....

• sorrowen

I agree the perks need a change so stealth killers can kill

• sorrowen

My rant is poor because I don't want killers cucked by a perk? lol whatever

• sorrowen

Object is more my issue recently but maybe its because object is being run more

• sorrowen

I regret including spin chill but object is more my issue with regards to the stealth killers

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Killers can also see the survivor as well.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I think OoO should get some tweaks but spine chill is fine imao. At least with spine chill you don't know about it so it's less frustrating but OoO is often used looping kind of meta perk so that one is extemely frustrating. Stealth perks like spine chill shouldn't really be rendered useless unline OoO which is used by loopers.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

As other posters have mentioned, Spine Chill is quite a fair perk, especially considering it takes a potential slot away from more powerful perks (DS, BT, Adrenaline, Exhaustion Perks, etc).

I will agree OoO gives powerful information, but also benefits the killer. It only becomes problematic when used in SWF, where one survivor can constantly relay the killer's exact location via voice chat. And in that case, I will agree it is overpowered.

• sorrowen

OoO is certainly being run more but I do see the utility of the perk

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

What's wrong with Spine Chill? Seems like a fair perk to me.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Spine Chill needs to be nerfed as much as Whispers does.

Spoiler: it doesn't.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Spine chill is fine as it is because you only know if the killer looks into your direction or comes towards you but you don't know from how far or what position. But OoO should get changed tbh, so that it doesn't work on all stealth killers.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2019

OoO needs to be reworked completely, rather than just made weaker.

It is a fine example of why aura reading is unfun and hard to balance.

• OpenYoureyes
    OpenYoureyes Member Posts: 111

If you live long enough you see everything.

We are at "rework ooo and spine chill"...

Can you imagine that?

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Don't big up Object as being high skill. It's medium skill to use effectively and high skill to use in a toxic manner. That's coming from someone whose played both sides and has experience going against and using the perk. The perk still has the same oversight it had upon release which is Stealth killers get very much hampered by the fact that someone can be spying on them even in stealth. At the time it was just Wraith and sort of Myers so no one really cared if only two killers wee shafted on their stealth. Now we've got more killers who rely on stealth and crouching so it isn't hard to think that maybe now is the time for addressing the oversight.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Oh come on, not Spine Chill. This is an Object of Obsession problem only.

Completely agree with @brokedownpalace though, really do not think this perk should work on stealth killers whilst they're in their stealth mode. It's seriously really lame for them to have a counter THIS hard.

• sorrowen

That is my issue with Object I love playing stealth killers like Ghost face but he gets hard countered by it :(

• s0cial_outc4st
    s0cial_outc4st Member Posts: 59

Not only that but if you actually played survivor, and not just in the sub-13 ranks, it isn't easy or boring. It's quite exciting to be chased around a map by a killer that knows the game and being forced to work with random teammates to win. Both sides are stupid fun.

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283

Object has been out for 3 years. Only now with the introduction of Ghostface is it actually a "problem" that people are complaining about. This means that it's not the perk that is a problem, it is how it works against stealth killers. So, simply just disable detection perks against stealth killers.

It already has a massive downside, having your location revealed. This perk is not a problem to normal killers if you know how to deal with it.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
  • Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

OoO needs a change, but seriously Survivor is easy? Sometimes I end doing generators with a lot of potatoes and I end being myself killed as first. Of course at the rest of survs are potatoes nobody come to my rescue, and about SWF teams, generally they just stand there and let the solo player die.

I am not saying playing killer is easy, don't missunderstand me, but being surv is not easy neither, you depend a lot of teammates (there is the fact that a lot of survivors end competing with another about who wins the hatch, that happended before EGC too about waiting for players to death, but happens a lot more now as the hatch always appear).

• limierr
    limierr Member Posts: 174

Even though i understand that you could want to nerf OoO for exemple because of swf and ghostface but for spinechill ... Sorry but this perk is made for new player and is not much a threat...

• limierr
    limierr Member Posts: 174

Just a small correction : the problem were already here with the pig release. However as the crouch mode as some limit, the complain was less hearable if i can say ...

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Someone complaining about Spine Chill....

The End is Nigh.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

Yeah this is the last perk I would be complaining about tbh.

• donajuanaa69
    donajuanaa69 Member Posts: 6

Quit whinning omg, I'm so over seeing killers whine so much when so many killer characters are already OP, saying to nuke perks for survivors when killer perks or add ons are OP

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Object simply shouldn't work on any killer that for some reason has no terror radius at that moment (and T1 Myers of course).

Ghostface in power, Pig in crouch, Wraith in cloak and I guess Insidious and so on - should all be immune to aura reading to be honest.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 536

Another killer looking for easy games. Spine chill is perfect the way it is