solution to swf

2»

Comments

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

You can't. It's using third party programs to do things you never accounted for. All you can do is account for it.

Add chat options to the game and give Killers a counterbalance. I still suggest points at which they can circle the "world", but not while carrying.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    edited July 2019

the solution to people playing with their friends: not allowing people to play with their friends

galaxy brain

can't believe nobody's ever thought of this

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Wanna hear something even more crazy? There are no moves to make.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

I definitely do not have that just lying around, I only started here a couple months ago. Although being an OG alpha player, I recall that being said about Kill Your Friends, not SWF. SWF was not even a thing at the time.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

I have to be careful about what I say, because even expressing that I have an opinion based on clear evidence like this has got me into trouble elsewhere before. I make a point of not personalising it, not targeting any particular person(I never say which dev said what for example), but it doesn't matter: simply pointing out that not everything they say can possibly be true at the same time got a hair-trigger reaction.

I'm also having trouble finding the streams where it was stated that auras for hooks with a survivor on them no longer appearing for killers(in all cases, it was gone from the game, only survivors could see it) was a bug they were working on fixing, along with a stream months later where they said it had actually been an intended change all along. It seems to have disappeared from the patch notes too, when they announced they had fixed it as a bug.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

this would stop all streamers from playing andf streaming, I use my mic for twitch man

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

Best solution and fast!

1-DONT PLAY KILLER

2- play another game.

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

SWF isn't that bad though, most just want to have a good time with their friends. The tryhards, just play the match, get your points, take a break if you got frustrated. Or be able to recognize how you could've played better, yeah you won't get all of them (sometimes even any) but learn from it. Why punish people for playing with friends?

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@ArecBalrin That's why I asked. I've never gotten in trouble here, but I try to remain respectful even when asking stuff like that. They're just people doing a job, and you never know if what is said came from a higher-up and they're just following orders. I did a brief stint in video games as part of my writing career over the decades, I've seen stuff come down the pipe that the frontline folks groan about behind closed doors.

@Peanits Fair enough, man. And I thank you again for replying to me.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

worst idea ive ever seen. There are soooo many better solutions

• Johnny212
    Johnny212 Member Posts: 35

@Peanits

How about action speed penalty only for swf members that last until all their swf mate are sacrificed? Since the problem with swf team is that they're usually very coordinated and doing everything so fast.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

They could queue up separately and leave the lobby until they're match up with the friends to avoid this, though. This is how things worked back when SWF wasn't a thing.

• PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140
    edited July 2019

Make the Entity a playable character but balanced around where the Killer and Entity players dont have VOIP.

Then include "Hunt with Friends" where a Killer Player and Entity Player can play together. Then see how fast people come into the forums and mention that VOIP is letting the Entity player tell the Killer where the survivors are, what they are doing and which generator to go to that's almost done. Each game the survivors will have no idea if they will possibly get stomped by a great VOIP Entity and Killer. Lets see how well that goes over.

The main issue with SWF isnt the fact that killers are crying on the forums saying that each group is a 4 man stomp team. It doesn't matter if its the worst SWF team or the best SWF team in the world. It's the fact that the killer has no way of knowing they are going up against a team with Voice Communication. Then on top of that, no way of knowing how well they will use Voice Communication.

For example a killer thinking "i'm going to have some fun and play trapper" then randomly gets a average/good 3-4 man SWF team and then gets stomped, it isn't fun. If the killer was given any sort of information so then they could think "oh, i better use a stronger killer and maybe play Trapper after", it would let them be more prepared and i believe enjoy the challenge much more. Or maybe they will just decide to bring stronger addons or change their perks. This way they are more prepared for a possible harder challenge, which means more fun on average and less frustration.

Most SWF aren't super try hards but even if the SWF group does the smallest amount and say the killers position or if the killer is chasing them that provides huge information to the team.

If i hear from my teammate over voip "the killer is chasing me". I don't have to communicate back saying "okay i will keep doing gens", i can just think to myself "okay then ill just keep doing this gen" and just keep talking randomly about stuff, having a good time. It doesn't take a try hard to use common sense.

All in all, i think it should be tested with SWF players being marked but with some sorta lobby leaving punishment.

Post edited by PandaChris on
  • StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

The best solution to fixing SFW is to balance the game with communication in mind, and possibly even adding communication within the game itself.

Right now, the reason why SFW works so well is because it's implimented in a game where you are supposed to be alone.

• Johnny212
    edited July 2019

@Peanits

Agree on that, but you could also increase lobby's time out when they keep in and out a lobby when not matched up together.

It will still hit and miss (also affect some solo that keep getting high ping killer), but at least they'll have to try harder to avoid the penalty as swf team and the killer would potentially have higher chance to play against real solo players since 'solo swf' will immediately leave his lobby, which then hopefully filled out with some real solo players.

Post edited by Johnny212 on
  • Johnny212
    edited July 2019

If you compare old and current dbd, you'll be realizing that devs already put some active (point hand movement) and passive (exposed status, hex, etc.) communication.

Real communication in a asymmetrical game (especially the one that not meant to have any communication) is never a good solution since people will then insulting each other from both side, trolling others (loud music etc.), and many more.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

Just give killers a boost of bps when they go against a swfs, Simple fix instead of lobby dodging every time @Peanits