Now that the Freddy rework is upon us, who should get the next rework/major buff?

Options

I have 3 in mind: Legion, Trapper, and Leatherface. Legion has the most useless power, but he's the newest of these 3 killers. Trapper is the oldest killer and the face of the game, but his trapping ability is quite poor/time consuming. Leatherface has a power that essentially is useless without speed or charge add-ons, rendering him an M1 killer that most people use to troll on survivors (basement/insidious LF). If I had to pick 1 of these 3 to happen next, I'd probably say LF, as he's the second worst killer in the game right now.

Comments

• Haraak
    Haraak Member Posts: 119
    Options

Doctor I hope

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Legion and Doctor are mostly viable at high ranks with the right setup, even when used by suboptimal players. Both are annoying as hell, though.

A good enough player can pull off pretty much any killer, but Cannibal and Pig spring to mind with Trapper as killers that have been nerfed again and again by changes that basically promote bad sportsmanship.

Pig then Cannibal for actual reworks, then maybe some QoL adjustments for Legion and Doctor.

Overall, though, I want them to focus on bug fixes and revisiting perks, addons, and abilities that've been made redundant or functionally useless. Having a stable game where all the parts are something the playerbase wants to interact with is more important to me than new stuff - or rehashed combination killers like GhostFace and neuFred.

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77
    edited July 2019
    Options

Definitely Leatherface, the way his power works right now he will always be inferior to Hillbilly.

His Chili add ons need a buff and his power needs to be differentiated from Billy.

My idea I had floating around would be that he could enter a rampage mode at will for a short period of time with the chainsaw where he moves super fast swinging his chainsaw around and destroys anything in his path. No more penalty for running into objects.

This would be balanced by having a charge up when he’s starting it and having a lengthier cooldown.

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602
    Options

Leatherface, Doctor, Pig, and eventually back to Legion

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175
    Options

Whoever's fastest/easiest to improve. No sense in letting anyone stagnate while taking on a large rework project.

Trapper only needs a few mechanics changes, so he'd be easy to buff. Cannibal is probably similar. Doctor and Legion might take longer, though, and since more people are complaining about Legion, that should give them priority for the high-effort changes.

• ignoredprayers
    ignoredprayers Member Posts: 42
    Options

Leatherface and Doctor.

They don't even need massive re-works, here are QOL changes that could be done with minimal dev resources that would take them out of garbage tier and make them at least playable at purple ranks (not even red):

Leatherface:

-Remove slowdown for the 1st .75 second of his chainsaw charge - allows him to fake the chainsaw and trick survivors into another loop, and very slightly decreases the distance he needs on people to hit with it.

-Improve his add-ons, they are some of the worst. He has literally nothing that is "strong", especialy relative to other killers with an array of powerful addons.

-reduce base TR to 24m

--

Doctor:

-Moldy electrode range and charge time should be base kit. His shock therapy is practically useless without it as you can M1 in the range you would need to be anyway to use Shock therapy without one of the electrode add-ons. Seriously - that is the epitome of a gimp/broken mechanic.

-Faster switch time between treatment and punishment mode (increase by 50%). Reward mechanical skill and timing - fast change times allows him an opportunity to better block pallets and windows, but its still difficult to execute if you arent already in treatment mode.

--

BOOM, there you have it, two garbage tier killers that get absolutely stepped on beyond green ranks suddenly have a slither of a fighter chance past those ranks. Neither would be remotely close to OP with these changes at higher ranks either compared to the S-tier and A-tier killers.

I have no idea why we dont see more common sense QOL changes like this for killers that are universally understood to be weak. I really don't think its laziness, but I just can't understand why they refuse to address busted killers like this short of taking 2 years to completely reinvent the wheel (Freddy).

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

Legion is fine imo. LF needs love for sure and so does Trapper. Piggy, too, with the nerf to her end game potential.

• limierr
    limierr Member Posts: 174
    Options

I think personnaly that the freddy rework is not totally finish in order to classify as good.

For legion : there is some little need to done but most people and even devs will tell you it is fine, so no need to enter in a war on this topic ...

For trapper : he remain quite decent even though some little change could be done. At least for him there is some small hope he get some attention

For leatherface : he could deserve some buff however if the devs touch him , i am ready to bet that he will also receive unecessary nerf , so let say no for the moment.

Personnaly, when they totally finish freddy rework i would like to see some buff to the clown and pig (normally with this two , the probability to make unecessary nerf will not be possible).

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Honestly there are a ton of killers that could be easily fixed by QoL changes.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

Legion because now they are boring an uninspiring to play and they are overall much more loved than the second in need being leatherface.

Then Doctor, because he is an average, but extremely annoying killer and since the game is moving more towards less safe pallets and more stealth we need to remove the Dr's capacity of destroying stealthy survivors

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

I just feel they should revisit each killer every chapter and review them and make updates for PTB midchapter. Most killers would be better with a few QoL changes.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

Not who, but fixing maps would be buff to all m1 killers.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477
    Options

I've seen you and a few others mentioning Doctor. Personally, I think Doctor is in a decent state at the moment. My only problem with him is that he seems to be the worst killer in causing a drop of frame rate on all sides. His power to destroy stealthy survivors is definitely one that shouldn't be touched on him. That's kind of the reason why he can be viable at times. If anything, he just needs some minor QoL changes (mode switching speed, increase to his base shock range, etc.). Besides that, maybe fixing the moving skillchecks and the decreased frame rates that he causes are his only problems (for survivors to deal with).

• rantypaid
    rantypaid Member Posts: 41
    Options

Give Cannibal a rage meter, it charges when you end a chainsaw attack without hitting a suvivor or hitting a wall. Perhaps it could raise very very slowly while chasing and when they escape. When the meter fills it he goes into the frenzy mode where he loses his movement debuff when revving the saw. He also loses the frenzy when he downs an enemy.

This will encourage more chainsaw play with the cannibal and plays into his anger and chase capabilities.

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156
    Options

Ghostface shouldn't be seen by Object of obsession i mean he is a stealth killer and if you see him it is easy to play against him.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

Legion, but they don't even need a major buff. A couple of minor buffs plus a few add-on changes to make them actually have a god damn use and they'll be golden

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477
    Options

Yeah I made a post about this (and the other stealth based Killers) the other day. OoO definitely needs a rework.

• Riddick
    Riddick Member Posts: 121
    edited July 2019
    Options

I would say that most killers just need QoL changes. My first bet would be Legion, due to a useless power. Second, it would be trapper. Both Freddy and Hag seem to beat him now. Then, LF to make his chainsaw better than Billy at chasong down survs.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Leatherface because he is the weakest killer in the game.

• EdgarDBD
    EdgarDBD Member Posts: 1
    Options

Leatherface (cannibal) He should be the next big rework. I think this because of how easy it is to counter his chainsaw.

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257
    Options

Trapper's base setup time is abysmal. He needs a minor buff to his trap setting speed at the very least

I can agree with Leatherface needing only minor QoL changes though.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@FluorescentLemon What big guy Mr T needs, is to be able to reset traps without having to pick them up first.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options

I wish the next major buff will be survivors

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    Options

That feel when random skill check lags out AND it's on a random part of the screen.

Makes a survivor just wanna jump on a hook.

• tehshadowman33
    Options

Trapper needs less wonky trap placement. Also ability to re-arm traps without having to pick them up again... That's so annoying I can't believe it's still in the game.

Starts with more traps (not necessarily carry more at once, after placing them).

Fix the trap hitbox. It's not fun at all having to place them diagonally.

• tehshadowman33
    Options

Trapper has literally only two addon setups:

1) Bag + Bag

2) Both Ultra Rares

Any other combination is just garbage awful. The only reason the double ultra-rare addon combo even works is because they together offset the downsides of not starting and carrying as many traps.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Legion because they made them super boring, while making it fun for survivors.

It's literally detrimental to use their power and it does nothing to further the Killer's Goals.

Everything the Power does is stall the game, and we know how funny that is, Old Freddy?

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265
    Options

I'll just leave this here

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77
    Options
  • mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    Options

Since I'm assuming we're about talking about updating or reworking the killer and not just buffing them I will go to them in order.

Update/rework kot 

Leather face. This is a commonly shared sentiment in the community in the last few months. Since he's pretty much a worse hillbilly whose redeeming quality is to camp survivors while they get genned rushed.

Next should be Clown. The clown is the least played killer and in the bottom most successful killer. His ability is OK but buggy more often than not disappearing randomly.

He also gets genrushed the hardest, as he has no mobility, no map pressure and game slowing build into his kit. He gets ######### real hard on the bigger maps. So he needs some help in that area.

I've seen people brought up trapper and wraith but I think they're mostly fine and just needs some buffs and add-on checks.

Buffs.

Plague. Just a way so she can use the other half of her power man. 

Doctor needs a tiny bit more range on his shocks so he can actually engage survivors in loops and infinites then adjust the addons accordingly. This shouldn't be too hard to change. 

Add-on tunes, update and checkups.

Nurse and Billy add-on reworks have been talked a lot by the devs, so these are likely to come up first. 

Prayer beads nerf for the spirit. 

They should be followed then by the Pig's addons, a majority of them are hogwash to be honest and don't really help with anything. Especially after she got nerfed by the EGC update.

Legion. A lot of trash addons on them RN. Only ones worth using are the durations and recharge ones.

• hahmraro
    hahmraro Member Posts: 96
    Options

Good players can do consistently well with Pig and Legion at red ranks, just look at Tru3. But Trapper, Wraith, Doctor and LF, at red ranks, if you play exactly the same for 10 games, 4 would be good/great and 6 complete disasters. Inconsistency despite skill is what makes these killers need a buff.

• Temporary_Solutions
    Temporary_Solutions Member Posts: 16
    Options

Imagine having to stun yourself and give the survivor a speed boost after chasing them and hitting them once just to put broken/mangled/blindness on them 🙃

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

Legion. They used to be my main until they were screwed with their adjustment.

• rippedforeskin
    rippedforeskin Member Posts: 12
    Options

clown or trapper would be cool. so would leatherface.

• BunmyFeng
    BunmyFeng Member Posts: 2
    Options

I would say Leatherface. I feel like a lot of the lower killers don't need reworks but small buffs

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

Bubba. Worst killer rn

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Trapper or Doctor IMO

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

Leatherface is unquestionably the weakest killer after Freddy. But if not him, then either Pig or Trapper. I think those are the only three killers in the game that are unusably weak past rank 10. Doctor is ok for antiloop if you know how to use him.

• HeroHero
    HeroHero Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2019
    Options

The best way to do it is to just look at the weakest Killers and find ways to make them more viable.

Legion, Leatherface, Doctor. In that order.

Also, Annoying and Good aren't synonyms. So stop with the "But it's so annoying to go up against a Doctor or Legion with (Insert the only decent perks and addons on them here)!!! They are in a good spot and sometimes even OP!"

Post edited by HeroHero on
  • HeroHero
    HeroHero Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2019
    Options

The fact that a Pro can do well on a Killer doesn't make the Killer good. I don't watch True3's streams, but if you check his videos, he only uploads games where he gets at least a 3K. The 3K is most of the time against solos who have no communication or team play. Once in a while he posts a video where he destroys a SWF with Billy or Nurse.

He recently uploaded a video where he gets a 3K on oldFreddy. So, following your logic, does that make oldFreddy consistently good on red ranks?

Legion's power is trash. Complete garbage. You might as well just walk around and M1. You won't get tilted because of the 4 sec stun if you never use his power (Insert outdated smart guy meme here). He needs either a very serious major buff or a complete rework of his power.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Leatherface/Bubba is unquestionably the most underrated killer in the game. He is definitely -in the right hands and with a decent build- one of the stronger mid tier killers. The thing is most people have absolutely no clue how to use his chainsaw effectively and turn into M1 killers even against average survivors. That doesn't mean he's weak. It means most people just can't play him well.

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    Options

Legion doesn't need very much changed, some things need to be improved like vault speed/frenzy speed but aside from that his addons are awful, some of them don't even do anything anymore(Frank's and Stab wound study).

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    Options

As much as Susie (Legion) is my No2 and I would love for her to get fixed. Bubba really needs to be brought up from the bottom. They just love him for his perks, not for his body. 😞

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Leatherface isn’t the worst killer y’all:/

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I feel like Trapper & Legion don't need a rework, just some changes.

Cannibal needs a lot more.

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183
    Options

selfishly I would like Trapper but in the interest of fairness I think Doc prolly deserves it the most.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Leatherface, Trapper, Doctor, Clown and Legion.

I pick LeatherFace. Legion can be last for all I care.