25 000 players in game

Slayer
Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Yet i wait 20 mins as a killer to get a game. Fix three survivors bug in a lobby at least. I dont have time to wait.

Comments

• Slayer

40 mins. Seriously improve matchmaking.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

For a second, my mind briefly imagined DBDMMO.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Where no one plays a survivor and everyone is nurse, billy, or spirit.

• Justice
    Justice Member Posts: 60
    edited July 2019

Except he is exactly right. Your comment about Killers holding 80% of the power is literally laughable.

Anyone who has more than 100 hours in this game or watches ANY decent Killer streamer knows that the Survivors are the real power. Even without SWF.

I am currently rank 1 Killer and rank 3 Survivor (main Killer) and without a doubt Killer is mind numbingly poison to play as anything past rank 7. As Survivor it is extremely annoying to get tunneled and camped but it becomes less and less frequent the higher rank you get. People love to complain about tunneling but not their teammate who unhooked them 5 seconds after they got hooked!

Survivor is relaxing and fun most of the time, but not as rewarding for escaping. Killer is stressful and fun SOME of the time, but super rewarding when you 4k.

-Xbox Player

EDIT:

Run Adrenaline, Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, and Decisive Strike. learn how to loop a bit, only save if you have to and focus on gens instead of healing. You'll always pip. ALWAYS

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

<-- waits around 5 minutes

whistles innocently and slowly leaves

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

I also agree survivor is beyond easy

• Slayer

Is it so hard to take mori?Play stronger killers? You can play with mori every game and mori beats any other things survivors have. The only reason people play without mori is due to how easy killers are with it. So stop spreading lies about killers being weak. Thats laughable.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

You wish killers held 80% of the power in this game. It would make your inability to deal with the fact that you've not gained enough skill to secure a win even with a lot of the game designed to give you as many chances as possible.

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

Found the SWF.

Outside of Nurse, Billy, and Spirit, Killers can't do anything to you in under 2 minutes unless you make a mistake. If you're seeing a lot of toxic players, maybe you're bringing it on yourself.

You know teabagging is an insult, right? Maybe don't unhook right in front of the Killer, either.

• Slayer
  • darktrix

Looks like people are still enjoying their wait.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Depends on situation it is normally used to draw attention to the previous action (being healed-thanks pallet stun- gg ez newb

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    edited July 2019

I had a rather lengthy response written, but then I remembered that the insane killer bias around here is why I left the forums to begin with...

so no, you guys win, survivors have it waaaay too easy, you deserve your 4k's, and any stats that show killers have an insane kill-rate are just skewed data.

carry on.

(and yea, I'm totally an swf-survivor main, despite how much I loathe playing survivor because of the previously mentioned BS)

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Survivor is harder when your first start and the killer has it easy. Once you know what your doing and get higher in ranks the killers become significantly weaker. The person your calling a lier is telling you the truth and your just being rude to him for no reason.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

Mayby just mayby surv gameplay is boring as fk.Hold LMB reperair gen killer is coming if she or him see me run around palet windows.Got hooked wait and watch.Unhook go back to point with hold lmb.Also killer got more points and we all know hiw big grind is in this game aka almist like in mmo game?

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275

Survivor bug ? There is no bug as there is not enough survivor for all games.

Why? Survivor is a bad experience at the moment.

Why? Devs have nerfed almost all fun perks surv have.

Why? Killer complains and devs nerf.

And survivor quits or go play killer as its more fun.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

The devs don't give an explanation for how their match-making works, but we can make inferences based on events.

Typically, whenever a new killer has been introduced there has been an observable change in the population balance as everyone wants to try the killer. A new killer has more of an impact because their unique power is available immediately, whilst for a survivor there's usually a few days before all the new perks are gained, maxed and unlocked as teachables.

However, what's going on at the moment started with the new game searching system and the wait for killers curiosly does not change according to time-zones or peak hours, as is the case when there is an overt population imbalance.

The devs say the new system only opens a lobby once four survivors have been matched to a killer, so the game should be ready to go when the lobby opens and everyone is there seconds later. This is not the case most of the time. If lobbies are only being opened when the matched players are already found, there should not be so much waiting in the lobbies.

It looks instead like killers are having an enforced waiting period that is fixed, no matter how many survivors are looking for matches. This is speculation, but it seems justified based on how things appear.

It used to be the case that the match-maker tried filling each lobby as fast as possible, with solo survivors being the smallest blocks and therefore the fastest way to get a lobby filled because they can be placed into any lobby with a vacancy. For groups however, they can only go into lobbies where there is as least as many vacancies as they can fit as a block. A 4-man SWF needs four empty slots in a lobby; they are excluded from any lobby with just one survivor in it. The only way the devs could improve the wait times for 4-man SWF even slightly was to seriously extend the wait time of solo survivors, allowing more lobbies with four vacancies to be available for the premades.

Now here's how I think the system works, pure speculation, but it's just logical that the only way what the devs say about the new system can even make sense is for the following to be the case.

Rather than working to fill lobbies as fast as possible, the system is looking at the blocks of players searching for a match and treating them exactly the same: a 4-person block of SWF is regarded as the same as a 1-person block whether they are killer or survivor. Lobbies are not a factor because lobbies are not open until the last step. Everyone is in an invisible waiting-room and rather than taking a ticket in the order they came in so they leave in the same order as online lobbies become available, the whole waiting-room empties when there's enough lobbies for everyone and the process starts again.

The pre-wait that killers experience is always the same: if the waiting-room is full, the killer has to wait for more killers. If the waiting-room is not full, the killer has to wait for more survivors. Either way, the built-in delay for killers to get into lobbies disguises what's going on.

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283

They actually have explained how their matchmaking works. If you haven't found players in a certain amount of time it expands the search for more ranks, further away players, etc

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

Guess more people would have play more survivor matches, if the survivors would be different to each other, like killers are (at least mostly).

When you have play 1 survivor character, you have practically play every survivor character. Non of them has special abilitys, just a different skin.

But still, must be hell to wait so long in a lobby :). I guess I can be lucky to have not to struggle with this for now^^.

• Cejar13321
    Cejar13321 Member Posts: 38

Noone is playing survivor atm yet everyone on this forum argues about how hurt they are as killers while someone is speaking about killers not being weak.

Survivor may be a power role at the red ranks but every other player in this game dont give a damn about red ranks. Survivor is completely noob unfriendly and the noob community is the majority of the game. You guys are the only ones that really speaks at this forum thats why you may think you are right but no new player will decide to play survivor unless its with friends and thats why the game is dying and we wait 20 minutes each killer game.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Game isn´t dying. The Playerbase has been getting bigger and bigger. Unlike for example the Division 2 Playerbase. Which is only a shade of it´s former self.

Balancing around rank 20 has hurt this game in the past. See Freddy nerf after a week, because rank 20 survivors found him OP.

This game needs to be balanced around high ranks, just as any other pvp game does.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Yes, and soon you'll find nurse killing 4 spirits, because nobody will play surv.

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

Don't forget the pigs and GhostFace's teabagging you when they finally catch you and face camp you with NOED

• Ihitscenekids23
    Ihitscenekids23 Member Posts: 29

Even at a rank 15 survivor i wait forever for a lobby up to 15 mins and i agree i feel like lot of people suck as teammates atleast that my case when playing survivor

• MrSunbro
    MrSunbro Member Posts: 111

It's because survivor gameplay, to me at least, is very boring."Hold M1 for 80 seconds 5 times and get into chases", that's it lol

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@prayer_survivor because survivor is so brain dead easy, that people stop playing it?

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Please devs, give us statistics of survivors' escapes per survivor level. And per killer level. I think we need this information!

• darktrix

I am very interested in current stats as well. Have they put those out in the past few weeks?

• Anvil
    Anvil Member Posts: 39

I agree with this. I love to play killer more, but I mostly play survivor because of the survivors vast amount of capacity to be toxic. Just too frustrating as a killer. I'll take tunneling and camping.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

You have a very low bar for what you consider an explanation to be.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212