Slow down gens(PS4)

Alright this is getting ridiculous. And before you tell me to get better, I've tried, and personally I can't figure out how to stop it. I play on PS4 and the last 5 matches I played, 3 gens have popped by the time I even FIND one survivor, by the time I down and hook them, 1 more pops, try to patrol but of course they make the save, then pop the 5th all within 7mins tops. How is this even possible? I even got pissed and ran a Mori the last match. A lot of help that did.... Got 1 kill. Load out is hex:ruin, tremors, pgtw, and surveillance. Im using GF too, so no damn terror radius most the time. They always seem to know where I am even though I'm stealthy and their not breaking my shroud. I'm at rank 13 now after reset. It seems like ruin is useless now as everyone gets perfect checks. The gens are just becoming too easy and fast. I used to have a lot of fun playing, but I'm starting to feel like a one legged man in a ass kicking contest when playing killer now...

Comments

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Got any gameplay clips of yours so we can help you find possible flaws in your strategy? Perhaps it's just minor things that survivors take advantage of multiple times during your games.

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

Did they have toolboxes? Toolboxes speed up gens and IMO that's bad design, even compared to the Sabojake era.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited July 2019

I think toolboxes should probably do everything but speed up gens. Make the great zone wider to combat ruin, maybe an add on that allows you to miss one or two before blowing up, or even slow the skill check down a bit...stuff like that.

However as for this topic, I think it’s pretty obvious OP is spewing exaggerated BS in order to push a “nerf survivors” agenda. Five games in a row where 3 gens pop before FINDING a survivor? Come on now, let’s make it a little more believable. How bad do you have to be for that to happen, it’s nonsense.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

What killer(s) are you using? Or specifically, what killers are you hoping to get good with? That will also effect your strategy. each killer is going to have a slightly different tactic based on their power, and certain perks can either help further strengthen that killers strong point, or help round them out based on their weaknesses.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

So your main problem is currently that you don't find the first survivor fast enough. You could try Whispers or a killer like Doc or old Freddy who can find survivors easier or Hag/Spirit with Monitor & Abuse. Try if it makes a difference for you.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Play without ruin.

Use tracking perks like Shadowborn / Bloodhound.

Learn that this game is not about 4k.

Improve and hf.

• gambit92
    gambit92 Member Posts: 58

Thank you for this comment. I swear sometime people who complain seem like they just want a slug fest with the killer. This made my day.

• gambit92

Like other comments people play the same killer. Different killers different experiences. If im having a bad day i go to billy/nurse. The best/fastest killers in game are free. And again play doc. Spirit. Or just try different builds.

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265
    edited July 2019

Do you play on ps4? Yes, it did happen. All keep running prove thy self w tool boxes, adrenaline, MOM,Borrowed time, and insta-heals. I even tried running Franklins but I can't find them until it's too late. It's SWF groups, I figured it out. There all using mics in party chat, running almost the same perks, and just crushing killers. I played a few more last night (7) and ran into 3 more of these groups. There NEEDS to be a change to even things out so BOTH sides play on fair ground.

Post edited by ceridwen309 on
  • FredKrueger

I don't just come on here for the hell of it to make ######### up. I come on here when I have a LEGIT issue. I'm not a noob, I've been playing this game for 2 years. I constantly switch killers, but my mains are spirit, freddy, Myers, and now GF. I keep watching these games get quicker and easier since release for survivors. Ruin WAS a good perk, but needs to be buffed or re-worked since it's pretty much useless now, since everyone hits perfect checks. My thing is combating survivors being able to communicate with each other. That's a HUGE advantage, and they don't even need a perk or add-on to do it. Make the killer able to hear them talking. Make there character start screaming or something everytime they use the mic, give us killers something, #########!

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Just as a side note. Ruin in effect got a PS4 nerf a few patches ago when they finally made the skill check dial run properly smooth. Before that it could be laggy or choppy and much harder to hit the perfect checks...Maybe nerf is the wrong word but you know what I mean..

• FredKrueger

Did not know that. Haven't played survivor in over 6 months. I knew something was different though. I wish they would give us better FR. Would make the game run so much smoother and finding people a lil easier also. The graphics are crap on ps4 which is sad, because it clearly has the power for it.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

If you haven't played survivor for 6 months give it a go! They have improved the frame rate a bit - it does run smoother now than what you may remember.

• gambit92
    edited July 2019

So your telling veteran players from the PC the base of the game.... About ps4. Where players are best and flashlight blinds are easier. Running and juking can be binded to macros. I just think you should find a new game bud. If your not willing to improve or take suggestions besides complain. But nah lets just argue how fast gens get done. Everyone here was trying to help but this is the main reason you dont improve in the first place.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Gens probably could be slowed down a hair.

• gambit92

Lol this guy i just said the entire section here is giving you advice and you steadily avoid it. Thats toxic. You never said anything like hmm maybe I'll play doc. Last time i checked doc is on ps4. Which solves issue number one of finding people late. Nobody is bashinh you, stop playing the victim. 60% of bad games is by player error and i mean us. I say hmm i should leave this chase and go check that gen that was about 70%. Nope oh there it goes popped. My error. Not them trying to survive. If they aren't doing gens then their taunting you which would make you rage even more. Even more excuses of i have a life. So why are you here complaining than fulfilling your oh so busy life.... Just a person who avoids the truth and cant take criticism. I honestly don't remember the last time i played this game 2 days in a row. And how am i bashing you when you dodge advice like the matrix. Once again like they said above record your gameplay see your mistakes and improve. Nothing hardcore about it. Being smart which you arent being right now.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

As you increase in ranks ruin doesn't help tht much when it put against survivors tht can hit great skill checks. Take a break if this game stressing you out.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

Just play the nurse with OMEGABLINK and you are done!

The broken addon are so cheap to buy, and just one month of practice, and you will win always!

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited July 2019

The thing is DBD is a game where you need to put in the hours you said it yourself.

To say someone who is a hard core daily player should be able to be beaten by a casual player really shows what the thread is about and it's all you really needed to say.

How it reads is you want to be just as good if not better than the others without putting in the same effort.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I'm on PS4 if you have been playing for 2 years and can't find anyone before 3 gens pop the problem is YOU! If you main spirit and can't apply pressure no one on this forum can help you. Party chat isn't going away it is a base playstation mechanic you need to ADAPT after 2 years this should be evident.

• FredKrueger

Spirit and billy are the only 2i can, but it gets borrrrrring using the same 2 killers everytime. And I don't want them to "dumb" the game down for me, I want them to fix the rank system so red rank SWF teams can't de-pip back to purple and so on. Rankings don't mean ######### anyway so what would that hurt? Keeps everyone in there same lane

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It has gotten much harder to survive, if you aren’t finding survivors then your pathing might be too obvious, if you’re good with spirit then you shouldn’t have much trouble winning so maybe practice her more.

• MassiveToggaf
    MassiveToggaf Member Posts: 37

######### man you make me look so bad being a Ps4 Killer main. The only real complaints you have here are variety in killer viability and Ps4 frame rate.

There's a meta that exists with killers, if you arent playing a meta killer then you need to slow the game down. If you dont do either of those things then you need to accept that you wont "win" unless you're facing bad survivors. Opting out of a meta means opting out of doing well. It works for a reason.

As for frame rate, it is trash on Ps4 and it sucks when it happens but similar to my previous argument, you have to accept it or play on pc.

For anyone who needs an example of how bad the frame lag can be here's a clip I snagged of my baby trapper.

https://youtu.be/g4hyNQHS_mE

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

They stated that they are working on match making to take the average rank of the survivors as oppose to the rank of who created the lobby. Maybe this will help. As far as rank, rank is based on the hours you play not actual skill and the players abusing that by not ranking you can thank BHVR and the PIPPING situation that they instituted about a year ago.

• EerieBloodyToxicity
    EerieBloodyToxicity Member Posts: 28

I'm gonna be honest with you.

1. 3 gens popping before you find one person means you're bad at tracking and you need to learn possible survivor spawns and improve.
    2. Even if you were good at that, ghostface is weak against those swf teams that have no skill and use comms and all these crutch perks and items.
    3. Even if you are not good at tracking you are rank 13. The survivors should be equally bad so they were probably derankers swf too.
    4. Transition to a better killer and dodge 3man and 4man swf. Comms are like exploiting in a game not designed for comms and you shouldn't give these low skill players that abuse mechanics a match. They don't deserve a lobby or your time so dodge them, find 2mans or solos and have fun with the game.
  • KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

You need to learn survivor spawns. It actually amazes me that someone who has been playing for 2 years doesn't bother to learn survivor spawns. One of the easiest ways to learn survivor spawns is would ya guess it play survivor! Maybe the reason you are doing so bad is because you are playing one side as well it really helps to understand both sides and if you know both sides very well then you will do very well. According to what you said 3 gens popped before you found one person. Then when you downed that person one more gen popped. That means it was most likely an 80 second chase which is an error on your part. You just need to fix what you are doing dude.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@Karl_Childers

Yo chill out I had the same issue when I first started playing it takes time to learn how to find them.

@FredKrueger

First off I run ruin alert stbfl and Franklin's/ discordance/pgtw depending on how I feel

I recommend recording 5 matchs and watch yourself see if u can learn from what u see. It's real easy to get to tunnel vision. And miss a survivor crotched in the corner.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited July 2019

I mean, I'm a rank 1 killer on PS4 and I don't really find it hard at all. Almost every survivor is a complete 4head

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

I've been playing ghostface at similar ranks (on ps4 too) without ruin, PGTW or thanatophobia because the entity does not love me and even by lv 50 I have not had RNGs favor (I'm running discordance, thrilling, BBQ and blood warden, as if that's an optimal build...), and still manage to get multiple hooks before even the second gen goes off, as people have mentioned sometimes it is good to save videos to try to rewatch and improve, gives a good idea of improvement over time too.

Even so if you're looking to get the drop on survivors early in the match without memorising spawns, try running a perk like discordance as more often than not survivors seem to spawn together recently (I've noticed this A LOT as a survivor) I use it on Michael too, it's a very underrated perk for finding survivors early as well as helping to prevent gen rushing later on.

Ruin is a wild card, I was playing as a rank 15 huntress (nowhere near good as her, it was horrendous) for a daily first time post reset against 2 green ranks/2 of my rank on Ormond and my ruin was found way too late, I still got 3k against potatoes and last got the hatch, not a surprise, I went against a nurse on the game map and her ruin stayed up the whole match too, she still in the end had no kills, ruin doesn't make up for a lack of pressure and skill.

Even I had to learn to give up on long chases to defend gens if I know I can't get them in time and I'm nowhere near a good killer, I'm barely decent. Only issue I ever have at green/brown ranks is late season with SWF groups that intend to bully (if I haven't played killer much at all in the season), even then I still get 1-2k so it's all just learning and not relying on certain perks too heavily. Don't take the losses too hard, try to learn from them. There's a bit of good advice in this thread. Oh and if you're really panicking I find it's good to enforce a 3 gen strat/protect an area, it's kinda dirty but if they fall for it...well.

Otherwise agree with: