Ebony moris

irageinforums
irageinforums Member Posts: 19
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

I play a lot of killer and slot of survivor so all my opinions are non biased. So I was playing spirit and leveling her up and what not and most of the games I was playing were ending with either 1 gen left or exit gates open. I was averaging 1-3 kills a game so as I’m leveling her up I see it, my first ebony Mori I was so exited to use it so I put it on and as soon as I put it on I got a 4K with 3 gens left. Do you see? How different my skill got just because of an offering. Now I’m perfectly fine with ivory and cypress but ebony needs to nerfed. I would say to lower the amount of kills to 2 or to raise the requirements to use it. Maybe like at 3 gens have to be done or something like that.

That’s just my thoughts feel free to disagree and tell me what you guys think!

Comments

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

I hadn't see 4k with evony mori in months. At least 2 or 3 dc when they see it.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,944

@irageinforums please be more careful with your words, I've edited your post.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Leave the ebony moris alone, they are fun and very rare :-)

If you don't like them don't use them as a killer and don't get caught as a survivor

• irageinforums
    irageinforums Member Posts: 19

The thing with not getting caught is that it doesn’t really work cause killers tunnel and with probably end up catching you and I never said they weren’t fun I love using them but in the end they are op

• sweaty_gamer
    sweaty_gamer Member Posts: 25

Yeah ebony is not balanced at all, not to mention that when survivors suspect it they will mostly DC so it's a lose/lose situation in my opinion

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
  • Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    edited July 2019

Hey, at least its not an instant kill anymore. I'm with you on it being a tad ridiculous though. Personally I'd tentatively make it so that, for each completed gen, you could mori one previously hooked survivor. I'd also add a stipulation that they must have been unhooked for X amount of time after for it to work, to prevent ye ol' tunnel that poor sap down because how dare he be alive for more than 5 seconds

*Edit to explain: The reason this is still worth being iridescent is because you can still mori every survivor in the game, it's weaker than Devour Hope but can't be removed from the game.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

Yeah, I agree, they’re not rare anymore, about a year or more ago sure I think I’d get 1-2 in 40-50 bloodwebs. Lately my ghostface and Myers get one near guaranteed every single web, even getting 2 on some occasions...I swear the rarity has changed.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

If you don't want to get moried just do generators and escape ;-) or wait until you are the last survivor and escape

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
  • Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,478

If they're going to nerf Ebony Mories they need to nerf stuff like Keys and such for survivors. Keys are literally the equivalent of a mori for survivors, its essentially a free escape. 1 moment you think you have the game in your hands and then the last 2 survivors find hatch and escape.

• MySpaceBarsBroken
    MySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167

Entirely game breaking mechanic, which hasn't killed the game yet thanks to survivors being able to avoid it by dcing. justified by not being able to use it every game. Terrible logic.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I just want survivors to have an Ultra rare offering to counteract the Killer's ebony. It's never fun to go against someone who has a guaranteed win unless they are rank 20 and suck at the game.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

That's not true at all; you'll get at least one in most bloodwebs (for reference my legion has about 80, it's ridiculous) and it's not rare to come across an instasaw billy or omegablink nurse with noed plus ruin AND an ebony together.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

My goodness, what an idea? Why didn't I think of that?

Is there a more 4Head answer than this?

• Casm
    Casm Member Posts: 61

Increasing the number of hooks is pointless. If a survivor needs to be hooked twice (or in second stage on the hook), then they were going to die on their next hook anyway, making the ebony mori obsolete at that point.

Though I'm not opposed to making a change to it either. Ebony Mori's are very powerful and an argument can be made for too powerful.

My suggestion would be to add a functionality similar to The Pig's bear traps. You can't use an Ebony Mori until a generator has been completed, at which point you can kill one person (if they had already been hooked once). Then, you can't kill another survivor until after another gen has been completed.

What this accomplishes is it keeps the Killer from snowballing out of control immediately. They literally couldn't kill anyone until the first gen is complete. Also, it allows some counterplay for the survivors because the more generators that get done, the less opportunities for the killer to use his mori. For example, if I'm using an ebony mori and I just killed my first survivor with it with 1 generator remaining, at most I can kill one more survivor since it only activates once a generator has been completed. This change would allow the mori to still be extremely powerful (more powerful than the Ivory Mori) with the potential of killing multiple (or all) survivors, without completely favoring the killer.

The only downside to this is it would encourage gen rushing. However, considering that survivors are dying and being removed entirely from the match, gen rushing with 3 or 2 survivors remaining is far less of an issue. Just my 2 cents, were Ebony Mori's to receive any changes.