Do something about spirit and nurse

As someone who mains both spirit and nurse (more spirit though) I feel like I can say how obvious the ability to teleport is unbalanced. It’s almost impossible to loop either of them for a full generator. Even an average spirit player can use sound (and grass movement and scratch marks) to track a survivor and hit them. The worst part is she doesn’t get stunned by her ability like nurse does. The thing with nurse is she takes a lot of skill to play. I mean I took an entire day to get to start getting kinda good, but the day I bought spirit I was already getting 4ks with 3 gens left. I don’t know who behavior would go about nerfing her, and nurse just needs a plain rework. I would say to maybe not let spirit lunge for a few seconds after leaving passive phase or giving her a small speed decrease for like .5 sec after leaving passive phase. These are just my thoughts tell me if you agree!

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

They don’t need buffs but they aren’t OP until certain add ons are used.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

Nurse yes spirit no

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@RoKrueger I mean you have a Freddy Icon, and a Freddy name... are we to assume you're not the one in disguised as a survivor main?

Also, gens get done too fast, but its not for the same reasons, and doesn't happen in every match.

Map Pressure, Toolboxes, Tunneling Etc. All play a part in this.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

5 blink doesn't bother me half as much as omega blink but yes to those two (Omega Blink especially. If I, someone who never plays Nurse, can 4k at the high ranks just because I have addons that aren't even ultra rare they're a bit too much). Prayer beads though... I think they just need to remove collision. I don't mind that I can't hear her phasing but she shouldn't be the only killer with a garunteed grab. She should have to guess which part of the gen I'm on by sound if I have to guess her location.

• sweaty_gamer
    sweaty_gamer Member Posts: 25

They don't need buffs? So do you think 5 blinks is enough?

• GrootDude

At this point I wonder if you’re trolling or being sarcastic.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

And while you are at it, get rid of brand new part, that red syringe add-on and that purple toolbox :-P

Come on! The game is fine as it is, all those things just spice up the match

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Spirit: Prayer beads nerf

Nurse: Few add-ons nerf / rework (range, more blinks,...)

That's it.

• GrootDude
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

@Johnny_XMan oh no! I got discovered by the only survivor who can't take a joke!

My plan to infiltrate the forum as a survivor is ruined! And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling Johnny_Xman and your stupid dog!!!!

• irageinforums
    irageinforums Member Posts: 19

So your a survivor main but your name,profile pic, and the fact you don’t just call it insta heal makes me think your not a real survivor main

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
  • vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381

Spirit is mostly fine, the only killer I have an issue with is Nurse but with that being said I would like to point out the flaws in your suggestion.

• You cannot control the passive phase nor do you have any indication at all that it's in use, just randomly giving a speed reduction or removing the ability to lunge would just be frustrating to the killer while it would do literally nothing to address what people actually get annoyed by.
    • The rate of which a person learns a killer is completely dependent on the person making it unreasonable to judge how difficult they are to learn based off of only your experience alone. In your case you mentioned that it took you longer to learn how to play Nurse in comparison to Spirit but for other people this can vary greatly.

With that being said, there are certainly addons that should be changed (Prayer Beads, Multi & Omega Blinks in specific) but I personally think that it would be unreasonable to make any crazy changes to Spirit as of currently and as far as Nurse goes - although I support changing Nurse, a rework would just kill what people found fun about her in the first place and instead I believe suggestions should be geared towards adding more counterplay instead.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

Nurse complaints: her addons need changing, but let's just nerf her in general so we can have the power instead

Spirit complaints: 0h My g0d audIO is f1X nOw sPirIT t00 oP pl2 neRF!

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

As a main survivor, they don't need to be "reworked". Yes, spirit is fast but that's why is fun to plain against and with her, the mindgames are also great. I remember running to a pallet and after that I start walking and Spirit appeared in the palet, it was fun that she could not find me after that. In the end I was hooked but that was fun anyway. Nurse is a bit hard to counterplay but you can do it also.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Nerf somma the addons, that is all.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

nurse yes spirit no

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Both will get nerfs in the future. Thats for sure.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Not being able to loop a nurse is not a design problem, its just poor selection of what tactics to use. If nurse is really frequent then pick a better loadout to face her.

Spirit is fine, she can't see you while using her power and there are perks to help with early detection.

I say this as a solo survivor and I dislike playing as both of these killers.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442
    edited July 2019

what your said is reasonable but try think about it first

nurse is not a random hidden character, just a playable

its much easier to play and also different with all others

so even more broken kind of that disparate character can dominates all broken elements in the game and even further, from it self is mega op

you will never fine during i play nurse from how i find so well without search perks except bc

missing? if you are not a console player, try nurse its very easy to hit at least

and some people argue with nonsense there nurse is fine for default stats

that default much better than other killers red addon especially its useless like legion or having massive penalty like clown or passive anyway like trapper

also theres no killer in dbd is fine for default and its balance

nurse is only fine for swf try to toxic but i using it everytime when survivor looks not easy

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

I play both sides and I am an average nurse and a bad spirit but when I play survivor spirit is really annoying. Yes I agree with alot of people saying to nerf the addons but this cann also be said about insta down hatchets etc. A ton of addons need to be reworked or addons need to be worth points. Eg brand new part is 4 and you get 5 points total. Somthing like that for killer and survivor. This means you can still have the op addons but you cant stack them

• Vlyse
    Vlyse Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2019

Give more counter play to Nurse. Most killers in this game have a charge bar on their power (Spirit, Plague, Ghostface, Myers, Legion, etc.) or type of currency (Trapper, Hag, Huntress, Clown, Pig) that far exceeds nurse fatigue of 2 seconds. Mobility = Strongest killer, Nurse has the most mobility therefore Nurse = strongest killer. Not only that but she ignores walls/obstacles on the map completely. And for this amazing power, she trades 5% less speed than other killers and 2 sec stun. Currently the nurse player has no real punishment for a missed blink.

There should be stronger counterplay, allowing survivors to break chase after juking the blink, as well as nurse players having to make smarter decisions on when to use their blink power and when not to.

Hopefully the 2019 roadmap, with map reworks and shorter riskier loops, indicates they're focused on the 'generators are too fast' solution + a Nurse nerf will come along with the nerf to survivors.

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Nurse - Ignores everything the Survivors have and gives absolutely 0 ######### about your skill and how much experience you have. If you are a good Survivor with 5000 hours, your skill doesn't matter and it's all about the Nurse, if it's a good one, nobody cares you have experience. You are going to die no matter what.

Spirit - Same thing. If it's a good Spirit, your skill doesn't matter. Even if you were considered as the best Survivor in the game, you wouldn't be able to outplay a good Spirit, no matter how much you tried. Also, go to some streamers and ask them if they enjoy playing against her, go ahead. So many have already said she's the most annoying and unfun Killer to play against. It's a stupid guessing game and standing still is not an outplay.

BaLaNcEd KiLlErS bTw

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Yeah nerf those killers for which their own skill actually matters. Not like there are 13 others killers who cannot perform on that level because their game is dictated by survivors.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

Corect if im wrong but if nurse blink more the longer is fatigue? Also mayby you should hide before nurse and try trick her or juck close to walls? Also i think you can change direction in last moment when she blinks.And about spirit use this perk from jake so he dont make sound when he stand still when he is on pain.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

@FeelsVeryBadMan

Streamers are not the be-all and end-all for opininions/facts. Also, this is not a 1v1 game... Any killer should be able to end a chase within a reasonable amount of time. With Nurse, I can understand the call for nerfs but not Spirit.

Spirit is powerful, yes, but not overly so. Good survivors have a chance at escaping if she is good too. My advice would be to remain aware of when you are making sound and leaving scratch marks. Also, spine chill is an incredible perk and is beneficial againsts any killer other than tier one Myers. If you are never able to escape a good(or bad) Spirit then perhaps you should watch videos on how to counter her.

In short, learn how to better play against a good Spirit. All that needs to be changed with her is prayer beads.

• Swiftblade131

Why learn?

If we cry for nerfs enough it happens eventually.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

This isn't me throwing shade on either you or OP or anything, but I imagine OP being Dwight wearing a potato sack like Nurse and holding Spirit's samurai sword, and you're the Trapper wearing a Meg wig and Dwight's glasses. :P

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

When did I say that streamers are the one and only? @Kabu

Spirit is very powerful and deserving of nerfs. Multiple people have already said that she's just not fun to play against and you can't do anything when in chase with her. Rarely has it ever worked for me to try and lose her. Good Spirits are simply like Nurses, your skill doesn't matter in that match. Are you really gonna tell me that "guessing" what the Killer is gonna do involves skill, especially when the Killer has almost no penalty for an unsuccessful attempt? Oh, please.

@Swiftblade131 So I guess the times when Killers did exactly the same don't count now, huh? Should I start listing stuff that Killers didn't want to learn how to counter and instead decided to flood the forums with their outcries?

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Both are fine. As long as SWF exists their add-ons are fine too

• MySpaceBarsBroken
    MySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167
    edited July 2019

Wait you dont enjoy playing against a killer that just appears on top of you with no terror radius or any audio que or counterplay whatsoever? If a spirit has a brain she can catch any walking survivor. counterplay is nonexistent by abusing her phase walking collision. Once you feel the survivor you've earned your free hit! Not to mention unbelievable mobility even in the tightest of areas. Or no window vaulting animation, yea that's fair.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Stop crying for NERFS already. Omegablink is fine. She just teleports further just like Billy. Git gud and learn to actually try to lose her with LOS blockers. Prayer Beads aren't in EVERY game. Stop the madness please.

• GrootDude

I guess you won’t be complaining about gen speeds or certain killers not being viable or you won’t be crying for buffs if Nurse gets nerfed?

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Looping is the new meta because most killers can't counter. Any killer who complains about it needs to git gud... what's that nurse and spirit aren't affected by looping... nurf the nurse and the spirit they're OP and break how the game is meant to ve played.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Actually as a spirit main I know friends that main spirit as well and literally use prayer beads every match because of how easy they are to find.

• Swiftblade131
    edited July 2019

"If we cry for nerfs enough it happens eventually."

Never accused one side here, it was broad and included those that did, you assumed which side bud

It's similar to the term SnowFlake, broad, and most people won't say something about it unless they believe it applies to just them.

In before I get temp. banned for using broad and inclusive words again!

Oopsies!

• Spirit_Hag
    Spirit_Hag Member Posts: 168

im so confused by people saying theres no counter to spirit. Even with the beads. The grass rustles when shes phasing, you can literally hear her feet slapping against the ground as she moves, she disturbs crows as she phases, theres literally a perk called spine chill that glows when your in LOS of the killer, the list goes on lol get you a pair of good headphones, get a good monitor/tv and get gud, and youll be fine. I think nurse and spirit are the most fun to go againt because you cant just bully them. You have to actually be good at the game to escape a good spirit/nurse player.

• Spirit_Hag
    Spirit_Hag Member Posts: 168

Oh! and i forgot iron will. Direct counter to spirit as well FYI :)

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

While I agree with everything else, you are wrong that Spirit makes grass/corn move when she phases. The only thing that reacts to her when she phases are crows. And the footsteps thing is supposedly a bug, though I think it should be present if she uses Prayer Beads.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    edited July 2019

@Spirit_Hag Thank you for further adding onto what counters Spirit has. It's incredible that people quote me stating she is uncounterable when I LISTED a couple of counters to her in said qoute.

What has been listed so far: She has footstep sounds and disturbs crows when phasing. Both of which are noticeable inside her terror radius. She also has an audio cue while phasing(when outside terror radius).

To add further, if you suspect she's faking her power then run towards and slow vault a window or flashlight her. When she messes up and is without relevant add ons her recharge time is slow which punishes her with 110% movement speed. If she chose recharge time addons that takes the place of other possible ones like speed or duration. If you make it into a guessing game you are playing against her wrong and deserve to lose.

ALL THE ABOVE COUNTERS ARE WITHOUT USING PERKS. WITH PERKS, SPINE CHILL AND IRON WILL ARE EXCELLENT AGAINST ALL KILLERS INCLUDING SPIRIT.

Maybe, the issue here is that those complaining about Spirit are bad at the game. At the very least bad at playing against her.

Again, it is entirely possible to escape vs a good Spirit. It's difficult, as it should be, but possible. Just as it's possible for a good Spirit to do well against good survivors.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

She does not move grass, FYI. That's a misconception.