The Ptb needs work

Options
JinxReaper
JinxReaper Member Posts: 8
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

Since its a Ptb I feel players should be able to play any killer and have infinite bloodpoints to get everything they want so you know they, they cant test the things they want to. I think it would be a cool idea

Comments

• JinxReaper
    Options

@Outland I agree on the items needing to be removed unless changes was made to it aswell as the offerings

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

PTB should just give bloodpoints like if you were playing on the live version. Possibly with a slight bonus even, so people actually want to try out stuff and play there.
    Right now, people just want to grind, which is legitimate, considering how grind heavy this game is.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

@Outland said:

@JinxReaper said:
    Since its a Ptb I feel players should be able to play any killer and have infinite bloodpoints to get everything they want so you know they, they cant test the things they want to. I think it would be a cool idea

I agree with you, they should basically make regular mode like KYF. You should have everything unlocked to try out.

I do however believe they should lock items. No items unless the dev have made specific changes to them, and they need testing.

Also they should limit offerings that are designed to shorten the game, such as mori and things like BNP. Again unless they have made specific changes to them and they need testing.

The problem with the PTB is alot of the games are not taken seriously, because nothing has a cost. Its all the best addons and offerings because you have unlimited amounts of each.

Its hard to gather proper data if everyone is just memeing around.

Wouldn't it be useful to see how items would affect any of the game play they adjusted? There's no reason to isolate them it's a literal core part of the game.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options
    AsePlayer said:

@Outland said:

@JinxReaper said:

I agree with you, they should basically make regular mode like KYF. You should have everything unlocked to try out.

I do however believe they should lock items. No items unless the dev have made specific changes to them, and they need testing.

Also they should limit offerings that are designed to shorten the game, such as mori and things like BNP. Again unless they have made specific changes to them and they need testing.

The problem with the PTB is alot of the games are not taken seriously, because nothing has a cost. Its all the best addons and offerings because you have unlimited amounts of each.

Wouldn't it be useful to see how items would affect any of the game play they adjusted? There's no reason to isolate them it's a literal core part of the game.

AsePlayer said:

@Outland said:

@JinxReaper said:

Problem is then everyone taking only the best stuff.
  • megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

Things like red Moris, BNPs, strongest toolboxes etc. shouldnt be available in the PTB tbh.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

There is an inherant problem with giving infinite bloodpoints

It means there will be more rares in play... which will mess up the data collection on the affect the changes have on balance.

Rares should be taken out of play in PTB IMO

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2018
    Options

Infinite BP no. But give them access to every perk and add-on for free? Yes. Survivors too, but disable or limit items. It should be rank independent and not give BP but give double Devotion and extra shards per game played.

I think PTB should be set up more like KYF where survs and killers can chat and swap places, and how at the end of the game it brings everyone to the same lobby. It would let groups form that want to test stuff and will solve the problem of not having enough killers/survs. It would be more like "I'll play surv this game with this new perk, and this guy is killer, but then next game I'll be killer." It'd also reduce the amount of toxicity on PTB specifically. It's one thing to be toxic in the normal game, it's another to be toxic in a play test. You're goal should be to evaluate the game build, not ruin the experience for someone else.

@FrenziedRoach said:
    There is an inherant problem with giving infinite bloodpoints

It means there will be more rares in play... which will mess up the data collection on the affect the changes have on balance.

Rares should be taken out of play in PTB IMO

This is a good point. I would say though if lobbies were set up as KYF like I suggest above then players could agree not to use certain add-ons for the sake of testing. Granted some people will cheese and use said item anyway, it would at the very least provide a way to avoid using rares without explicitly limiting the game (which is important for testing).

• JinxReaper
    Options

@thesuicidefox I Like your Idea but they can then still limit out the items survs and killers can use Like no bnp's or mori's and the double shards and devotion is a great idea so alot more people would then be playing it

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

@JinxReaper said:
    @thesuicidefox I Like your Idea but they can then still limit out the items survs and killers can use Like no bnp's or mori's and the double shards and devotion is a great idea so alot more people would then be playing it

But then what if you need to test BNP, like it is now on PTB? That's why you have to allow them to some extent.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535
    Options

@AsePlayer said:

@Outland said:

@JinxReaper said:

At first initial changes should always be tested as if the addons and such do not exist, there is no point in making something that is only balanced if people are using addons, because those said addons are not guaranteed to always be present.

So yeah more testing with addons maybe be needed , once they have perfected the default version of it.

• Siggerad
    Siggerad Member Posts: 47
    Options

Before anything PTB need be attractive for both sides. This PTB is killer huge buffs and double nerf to survivors and they try to sell lack of luster changes to garbage perks as something amazing to survivors so there is not incentive for survivors to try PTB. Dont get me wrong i like Killer changes but i worried whats gonna happen if survivors dont like the changes and leave; the lobby waiting will be a hell on earth.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Siggerad said:

Before anything PTB need be attractive for both sides. This PTB is killer huge buffs and double nerf to survivors and they try to sell lack of luster changes to garbage perks as something amazing to survivors so there is not incentive for survivors to try PTB. Dont get me wrong i like Killer changes but i worried whats gonna happen if survivors dont like the changes and leave; the lobby waiting will be a hell on earth.

Well the incentive for survivors would be to play and make sure the killer buffs aren’t crazy OP. My only complaint really is that exhaustion nerf that they did only because of sb
  • megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    Siggerad said:

Well the incentive for survivors would be to play and make sure the killer buffs aren’t crazy OP. My only complaint really is that exhaustion nerf that they did only because of sb

That's silly survivor logic as always. Why? Because Lithe is literally Sprintburst with a even smarter trigger mechanic, every good survivor knows that. In addition to pallets you can still outrun killers with jungle gyms and so called "infinites", that's why Lithe needs that nerf too. And Balanced Landing is now even better than Sprintburst because you don't have that land slowness cooldown anymore. Dead Hard maybe doesn't need that nerf because it's outplayable but high ranks abuse it anyway. Just watch Tyde Tymes video about that topic, he's totally right.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@JinxReaper said:

Agreed, it should be a testbed.... literally^^