TheLegion tag is used more than: Event, Art, Cosmetics, Crash and chapter...I think we have an issue

Options
Nobu
Nobu Member Posts: 139

Hey devs......like when are you guys going to actually address this?

Completely Removes "Popular Tags"

R.I.P. Popular Tags

Comments

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,030
    Options

Just means it was talked about alot, which considering there was a rework as well as 2 instances of bugs associated with them, it doesn't surprised me.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

They're not going to touch The Legion any time soon.

Freddy is the focus next week then its full speed ahead on Chapter 13s killer/survivor.

You're looking at October/November at best IF they decide Legion is an issue to them.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

You are both right Nobu and Bbbrian. At least I think.

But to be honest, I had in the time between never count on a rework, or bug fix, but... I had honestly thought that a dev would write a message like: "we know we shot over our goals and at the next opportunity we look again at the Legion".

Whenever that next opportunity would have been... To know that the devs know about the issuses of the new Legion - that she not feels anymore like before and makes not anymore the same amount of fun - would be for me enough to stay quiet, at least for a while and also to play the game again.

But as long as a message like that not got posted I feel me like a wanderer in a desert without water and any oasis in reach.

On the other hand, would the Legion tag ever be more as the "Devstream" tag it would at least make smile and a lit chiggle about the fact how hard they try to look in the other direction.

Reminds me almost on the politicans in my country. They saying always we have it good and no problems... As long as we look in the same direction like they do... :|.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Idk about others, but i barely use tags.

That probably doesn't explain the difference, but just saying...

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options

@Bbbrian2013

They’ve been working on the chapter 13 since the release of ghost face.

It wouldn’t hurt to tell us what they think of current Legion.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
    Options

I think Legion is okay now, you just have to change your play from his original form. I use his power as a tracking method/slow down. I can get 3-4k on red ranks pretty much 75% of the time. I would play with your build and also look at how you play.

He still suffers from the same issue as other M1 killers which is looping but that is everyone outside of Spirit and Nurse. I think he is mid tier but even mid tier can win.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

I think he could use several small buffs/tweaks, nothing major. I don't find him too awful and I play him fairly regularly.

However the devs seem to be ignoring the topic of Legion entirely now, hoping it goes away.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options

They have already addressed Legion. They are more fun for Survivors than ever!

• Talmeer
    Options

Yeah that was the answer where I thought "ok... you had say what you wanted to say, but let us please now talk about the reality".

Sadly, it was really just a comment and not something that could possibly end in a discussion.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options

@Tzeentchling9

I still find Legion boring to play against. The only thing that amuses me is watching them get stun after a missed attack.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options

@Talmeer Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Legion really is in a terrible place and so close to being decent/fun to play. Deep Wounds is so weak and the FF stun is so long, that it really wouldn't hurt to up the speed and vaulting of FF to make it more fun to use.

• Talmeer
    Options

Yes, I know you was sarcastic, sorry if my sentence sounded wrong, but I am not a native english speaker. I have just also read the actual 2 comments from devs to the current state of the Legion and in both cases I had hoped for a discussion between the Legion playerbase and the devs but, sadly they had just comment and then shift away, so it seems.

... And so no discussions could happen, where we also possible could explain our thoughts.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272
    Options

Reworked is mark of quality...

• FreddysMixTape
    FreddysMixTape Member Posts: 78
    Options

My main gripe with the reworked Legion is just how sluggish FF feels. The fact that its non-lethal at this point aside, it just feels bad to use. The vault speed nerfs feel honestly terrible and as much as I appreciate having 115% base speed, going from 115% to 130% just doesnt feel as thrilling as going from 110% to 135%(Argueably even faster if you spammed lunge during it).

I never cared too much about the FF duration and would rather take a shorter boost of very high speed over a longer one with just a slight increase, but that might just be me.

The 4 second CD also further kills any feeling of momentum the character has, it's like if Billy would have to stop in place after a chainsaw sprint and recover for that long, it just hurts the feeling of speed a lot.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

I would actually like to reply to this. The point the OP is bringing is the fact that the Legion tag rose up in usage AFTER the rework. I very much remember tags at that time, and its not nearly as low as it was before.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

There's Lore, Bugs, etc. mixed into that, too, and a lot of the posts are coming from the same people. If you look at the tags, you can see people posting twice in a row about complaints and so on. Also you'll see this whenever anything is changed less optimally than people would like. Legion isn't nearly as bad as people think they are. They just don't want to adapt to the changes.

• Talmeer
    Options

In the steam forums you have always see the same people in the nerf threads. It was maybe a handfull of them that have lead the discussion.

Here talking already more, just now the other way around, but I don't see that as a problem, as long, as we see every player as equal, because that also means, that every single one has exact the same "amount" of right to act like the nerf cryers before.

Just this time, thread starters and posting writers are no nerf crying writers.

And btw. the most people like to have fun with the Legion. It is not a question of sucess with this killer, in the first place.

That should for everyone understandable, if we take in mind, that the Legion was the only killer in dbd from the archtyp "fast stabbing killer". You know maybe such killers from a ton of movies.

So, tl:dr... The nerf cryers have ruin the fun for a big part of the Legion playerbase and for the part of survivors that were happy about a challenging match and they had not even spend a thought to this. They don't do it even today.

I see not even for a second why we should not be allowed to rise our voices with that in mind.