Does console have say in this community

Options
Animalheadskull
Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

I been playing on ps4 since Jan 2018 and never felt so out of place till the other day. I was watching a video from a Fog Whisper and heard a comment about people talking about the game and how he can't listen to people that play on console.

Granted this particular whisper thinks he has bad matches because the people in his region are more talented than anywhere else. Idk when I heard that I didn't feel like I would ever have anything to say about balance, or anything in the game just cause I'm on ps4. That's some of the most cringy ######### ever. What yall think. That just cause of the region you live in, or cause you have a mouse and keyboard to control you're character you are instantly better and have more say.

Yet another reason why I haven't played since season 2 of Apex came out.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Ignore that person. If we are talking about balance console is practically the same as PC but if we are talking about Mouse and Keyboard I'd say some things should be changed for console players like allow them to higher their controller sensitivity it's so slow even at 100 to turn. As well as certain characters being way harder to play on console than PC (Nurse,Huntress) It's possible to play them but the sensitivity changes a lot. But other than that if we are talking about just balance of killers in general than console is no different from pc imo.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    Options

U probably misunderstood him. It's no secret that console players will never reach the skill which is pc had because of controller limitations. I mean, the best killer on pc is the worst killer on console, that's already saying something. So I'm case we want to balance around high level play it's better to listen to experienced and skilled players from the pc environment. That doesn't mean console have no word. I just think pc players word weights more in this game.

And btw, it depends on the game. In a game like dark souls I would rather listen to console players than pc players because the controller allows you to do high skilled techniques which are not possible on with mouse and keyboard.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

Nurse is not bad anymore on console.

She is probably just as strong because the framerate is fine.

Only problem is the sensitivity.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I think in most cases they balance games around the larger audience (typically PC) and thus it can feel like console players don't get the same treatment (concerning issues that affect console specifically). There are a few games out there that balance both console and PC separately but I don't think enough game developers take the time to build the tools to do so.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Honestly I really can't stand elitism when someone's trying to it add something to the discussion.

It doesn't matter what you play on console or PC everyone should at least be able to put their opinion forward. That's what makes a proper discussion.

Now I'm not saying take everybody's word as gospel however you should read a person based on what they say and their attitude to the discussion not based on what platform they play on.

A console players shouldn't get disregarded because they're on console and a PC player shouldn't be overcompensated because dare playing with PC.

If you want to disregard someone's opinions do it because they're not adding anything to the discussion and they are not willing to change their stance even though they are wrong.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850
    Options

If your one of those people who think pc master race and look down on console users your racist and want segregation

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited July 2019
    Options

@thesuicidefox

Peanits did take our ideas and implement them into the game. They took your totem ideas, and they took my "Killer Diversion" idea when other survivors do stuff while you're in a chase.

So, console players do have a voice in this community.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Oh yea for sure. I'm talking about the community members that think console players are somehow below them, or that console players are automatically bad at the game. I bet the best players on Xbox would still be among the best if they played on PC.

And like I pointed out to some jerkward on YT, Xbox games are like 90% going to be 3/4 man SWF groups, so in a way it's going to generally be more challenging than PC or even PS4. Xbox is superior when it comes to online multiplayer and it's super easy to form a group in any game. Heck, I could play solo and just invite everyone in the lobby to a party, now we are a 4 man SWF. Which happens a lot, I get party invites from the randoms all the time.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

@thesuicidefox I agree with you especially since I play both PC and Xbox and honestly Xbox is harder on killer players than PC because on Xbox many of the high tier killers are way harder to play due to controller sensitivity. Almost everyone is on comms as well. Also is your forum name the same as on Xbox I feel like I've ran into you before.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

Talk until it comes up to controllers and keyboards

Then it's just noise

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265
    Options

Aint no easier on ps4. Party chat is one huge advantage almost every survivor has over killer. Frame rate is horrible, hit boxes are buggy, and nurse is hard as F to master. Oh, and get used to getting 180 and 360d to DEATH! The killer can't spin as fast as the survivor.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@Andreyu44 Frame rate is still garbage for me on PS4 Pro. Definitely not 60fps which nurse/huntress need.

If you go into the tutorial as killer it feels amazing compared to a match. Nurse wilo be fine once we get tutorial frames.

• Ictomi
    Ictomi Member Posts: 1
    Options

I believe that yes PC matters most since the PTB is only accessible on that platform and consoles are naturally left behind. And this happens not just to DBD but any game that uses a Public Test Place to gather data on changes to their games.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

Of course you would still get a say. There are definitely differences between the different versions (notably lower sensitivity on controllers can make it difficult for some killers), but that doesn't mean that feedback from consoles doesn't matter.

• Raidoku
    Raidoku Member Posts: 69
    Options

Its nice to hear a dev saying our feedback matters from console I know that it matters but the real question is do they listen or are we just " console players" because I one of the SWF on xbox where I meet 3-9 new players everyday from looking for group. And I meet low ranks and high ranks with good opinions who played this game for years and shared a lot of feedback about the game and when this conversation comes to those who play on PC its the "your trash" or "learn how to" talk usually making console players such as myself think where did this elitism talk come from. I can assure you that ps4 and xbox equals the same player base as pc or its close so why should our opinions and feedback feel secondary to a pc player just because they play the bigger player base console?

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

This console/PC feud(ette) is most likely rooted in the limitations consoles have. You can't use it for real stuff (work), you can't upgrade it, and you have to put up with paying more for games than on PC. Consoles are ready made, neatly packed products, easy to use, basically like Apple stuff: manufacturers go out of their way to make sure you can use it even if you're stupid. Plus, most games that come out only or primarily to consoles, are horribly stupid, whereas some of the most creative games (indie mostly) will never be on consoles.

So yeah, there is something behind the stereotype. From what I hear, DBD's console community is also more immature than the PC ilk... not that PC players don't have a fair number of idiots among them.

So, I'm definitely not saying console players are inferior to PC players. Also, please note that saying it would go against forum rules, right? If it was not, I wouldn't hesitate to point out objective facts. Right? Right? *wink wink*

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Options

I play on PC and PS4 and I can tell you there's not a big difference, I went to rank 1 with a controller on PC and sure the nurses are better on PC but that's about it .....I'll even dare to say when a killer/survivor was boosted on PC it was ten times worse than any console player but I guess that's the people trying to use keyboard and mouse who don't know how, overall you have more control on keyboard and mouse but it wasn't enough of a difference to switch to using just that and a controller feels more natural for me.

• MySpaceBarsBroken
    MySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167
    Options

clears throat

No.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616
    Options

While constructive feedback is welcomed, regardless of platform, please note that the developers likely have a direction they are moving the game, which may or may not involve your feedback.

Do continue to provide constructive feedback, regardless.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 993
    Options

I play on PS4, but I also bought the game on PC back in April (along with a couple friends), when it was cheap. I pretty much only play on PC for the PTB, but I have around 80 hours, and have played quite a bit on the live servers. The first thing that we noticed once we got to some good ranks, was that most PC players are definitely not as good as they think they are.

As survivor, we would run circles around most of the PC players, and as killer, the survivors were just sad. Playing with keyboard and mouse is a freakin PITA, so I use a PS4 controller for both. By a PC player’s definition, I should be doing worse. I’m not saying that all PC players are like this, but the percentage is significantly higher than on PS4.

Also, on PS4 it is very rare to ever play against the same person more than once a month, usually 3-4 months, in the US. Only on 2 occasions in the last 2 years have I ever played the same person more than once on the same day. On PC, I would play with the same person several times in the same day, every day. So I’m guessing that there are significantly fewer players on PC, than there are on PS4.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

If I'm thinking the same person you are, you're definitely right. He has a massive ego lol

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    edited July 2019
    Options

BHVR have an official team for translations for portuguese?

if yes, why PC have translation and consoles not?

• thesuicidefox
    Options

@George_Soros "You can't use it for real stuff (work), you can't upgrade it, and you have to put up with paying more for games than on PC. "

Paying more for games? Dude...

Games For Gold... If you are an Xbox Live Gold member you get 4-5 free games every month. 2 Xbox 360 BWC games, and 2 Xbox One games. Then sometimes there is a 5th game that's free all month.

Gamepass Ultimate... I just converted 2 years of my Xbox Live Gold to Gamepass Ultimate for $1. I can play like 100+ games for free right now (and my subscription lasts until 1/1/2022). And they add new games all the time.

Deals For Gold... If you have Xbox Live Gold they have deals every month, usually like >50% off the full price.

Xbox One X was $500 on launch, now it's on sale (IDK what the price is currently). A decent PC will set you back $1000.

So I'm not really sure why you think we pay more for games. Yea you probably have a lot of free games on PC, but we aren't really paying that much for games. New AAA games will be $60 no matter what platform you play on.

• EerieBloodyToxicity
    EerieBloodyToxicity Member Posts: 28
    Options

The framerate is fine on console?! Are you delusional? The framerate on console sucks it's not even 30fps most of the time. Hell it drops below 20fps really often.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

“Console players will never reach the skill blah blah” really? I play on PS4 because it’s more comfortable, and when I play on PC I even have a much better survival ratio than I do on PS4 and I could say I outplay the other survivors too

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

to compare, didnt SNES push a higher framerate than that? LUL

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Agreed. The so-called PC superiority was barely noticeable, if noticeable at all, when I played there.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

This isn't Counter Strike. Having a mouse isn't nearly as a big of an advantage playing killer, unless you are playing Nurse or Huntress but even then they are still very strong killers in experienced hands. It's just MOST people refuse to actually put in the time to learn them because it's harder, so the average skill of people playing these killers is way lower than PC. Nurse is still the best killer on console, it's just only a select few have put in the time to get that good with her. I'm friends with most of the top 5 Nurse players on Xbox. They will crush you, trust me.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

I'm also on PS4 Never listen to ANYTHING the FOG Whisperers have to say. They complain the most and abuse mechanics and point them out to their "followers" to also use. They are the biggest negative influence on the game. Say what you have to say @Scgamecock86 and never feel your opinion doesn't matter.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313
    Options

It depends on the game but some are a lot cheaper than PC when bought used. I don't mind paying a little more though so that most of the money actually goes back to the people that made the game. Steam get their 20 percent or whatever it is now too but what evs.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

I actually disagree with this.... console still needs to be optimized more before nurse is okay.... you may have a pro and that could be the reason your game runs a bit better but for regular it's still quite shiet

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    Options

I know they're shitting on the consoles. But I wanted to know if you have an official translation team in Portuguese.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

I can play Nurse just fine.

Its not my fault ,buddy.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

My point was that console gaming isn't really that expensive when compared to PC. It's about how much you WANT to spend.

For example, I own Xbox One X ($500), an Xbox Elite Controller ($150), Astro A50's ($300), and a 40-inch (ish) Samsung LCD TV (IDK the exact model, but like $250 or more prolly). I spend a lot on my gaming, and if I played games on PC I would spend a lot of money there too for a high end PC with all the trimmings (easily like $2k). Only reason I don't is because I know I would spend a lot more money if I was a PC gamer, and Xbox already gives me everything I want from gaming. I'm just waiting for developers to realize that they can enable fully native m/kb support for their games so I can go buy a really good mouse and play mouse + controller combo (b/c analog stick > KB when it comes to movement).