Being camped to death and tunneled off hook isn't exactly fun

Title.

I could understand if I BM in any sort of way, but I don't. They just felt like ruining someone's game, had a troll name and everything. Reminds me why I keep taking breaks from this game. It's only really fun with SWF. Otherwise you're paired with people who can't bother to rescue you (safely or at all), can't do objectives, DC or you get killers who camp and tunnel just to give survivors a bad time. Killers who quite frankly aren't good sports. I'd rather play killer, honestly, which is fun and should be fun too, but I don't think the solo experience should be as dreadful and it's only seemed to have gotten worse.

Comments

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Lmfao solo surviving is not hard at all and i don't run any second chance perks mine are all about avoiding the killer and saving teammates the killer camps you sucks for you & him both wont get many blood points. try spine chill for a change keeps you from making stupid hook rescues as well as helps you better avoid the killer it goes off get out period

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Thing is, I do use detection perks and avoid making stupid unhooks.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

Players will play like they want. Just like survivors will teabag you on the hook or flick a flashlight at the killer or spam window vaults to annoy the killer. It's just part of the game.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

Wait, how do you teabag on the hook? o-o Also they spam window vaults 'cause either they want your attention to farm or they want you to chase them. Most of the time when I go over to see what they want, it's that they want to farm, though.

• fluffymareep

Also plenty do care. It's easy to forget the good and focus on the bad. It may seems as though survivors don't "care," but I'm sure some have done things to demonstrate they do and either you didn't notice or didn't realize it. Or maybe you did see it and just chose to focus on the negative. It's a really easy thing to do.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
  • Skelly
    Skelly Member Posts: 10

Killers don't win unless they get 4k. Nothing else satisfies them. I'm sorry you had bad games like that. Playing with friends does make it more enjoyable though! Win or lose. Best of luck.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    edited July 2019

@fluffymareep When you are a survivor and hooked, another survivor will unhook you in front of the killer on purpose so you get re-hooked then teabag you and not unhook to be a douche. I got a video of it. Just survivors being ######### to randoms.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

not really a fair comparison, since these things are annoyances to the killer but don't actually prevent them from playing the game. someone being camped to death is being prevented from playing the game

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

BT exists for a reason.

Also, what level of tunneling are we talking about here? Because DS is a perk you know.

Now if you're talking about focusing on one survivor the entire match, then yeah, that sucks. But that's very rare.

As for crappy teammates, yeah, I agree there. Devs still haven't implemented a good matchmaking system yet.

• GhostlyFoxx
    GhostlyFoxx Member Posts: 72

Let's try to focus on the topic of this thread instead of insulting each other. As frustrating as it might be, it solves nothing.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

What rank are you? In lower ranks you get a lot more campers because some people are not as experienced (and hard face campers rarely make it passed rank 15) When I first started playing this game I was a camper. That's just the first thing many people do before they really learn the game and start to realize there are better strategies out there. I wouldn't assume they are doing it just to give you a hard time. It might not be malicious. It could just be inexperience.

• fluffymareep

@AStupidMonkeyy Isn't what you posted considered working with the killer and is reportable? I know that killers aren't the only jerks (I play both sides and you honestly see more of SWF being awful as solo survivor, sometimes at least), but that doesn't mean it's something that shouldn't be addressed or thought about. It makes the game a lot less playable if you get poor luck and get multiple games with this sort of stuff. I think something should be done to help against toxicity. I have no idea what, but there's communities with a lot less toxicity. Idm if it's additional help to both teams to make killer and solo play better feeling along swf and putting stuff into place to help encourage that.

@Mister_Holdout I don't think it's just that. The lack of information hurts a solo team imo. You can't clearly communicate that the killer is camping. People come, anyway, and waving just seems to make people swarm for whatever reason. I'd rather die on hook and have people do crap than everyone get killed 'cause he just grabs them off since he's camping in my face. And mind you, this is after not doing anything wrong and from an account announcing their goal is to give people bad times, essentially. I don't think the amount of toxicity is good for this game's health. It doesn't matter the side.

• fluffymareep

I'm rank 6. I'm not sure how people who face camp people got up to the higher ranks since the pip system is supposedly supposed to help against that, but I dunno. I'm in the lower ranks as killer and I don't camp people. The most I do is patrol if everyone's obvious and nearby. Their name was "Monster," though, and they had something taunting people he camps/tunnels in his description. I've had so many killers just like that. It's hard to say they aren't doing it on purpose when they do stuff like that.

• fluffymareep

I have nothing against wanting a definitive win and more of an issue with people whose intent is to ruin someone's game. It just stinks when you want to play at weird hours of the day and no one's awake that you usually play with. I think it's partially on me, though, since I was having troubles connecting to anyone. Didn't think my luck would be so poor, though. Maybe I should run a few games as Ace haha.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Yeah even ds doesn't help that much if killer decides to camp you. I find iron will helpful, along spine chill. Jukes are the only counter to being tunneled I guess.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

@fluffymareep Like I said, it's quite rare for a killer to camp/tunnel for the sole purpose of ruining the match.

Also, survivors do have ways to improve communication. Kindred and Bond for example. And yet survivors keep saying "solo survivors have no way to communicate".

You see, I don't think it's a good idea to give survivors extra information for free. Because that opens up a whole can of worms in terms of balance. Part of the reason survivor is fun has to do with the uncertainty factor. As a good survivor, you need to be able to make smart decisions. But unfortunately, the player pool is filled with low experience people. And that's why survivor sucks to play right now. Devs need to figure out a better way of separating players.

• fluffymareep

@Mister_Holdout I've seen so many people doing it, I doubt it's as rare as you think.

Oh, yes. There's a lot of perks to "help" solo survivors. Too bad it's being addressed with perks to essentially make solo players so much weaker than SWF who not only have communication and coordination, but also get to choose their teammates. Of all the times I've put on Kindred, I don't think it's helped me out once, too. People will still charge at the hook or leave you to second stage on it. Bond is just all around helpful. I bring it, regardless. It's good information.

I disagree. Survivors having more information wouldn't be an issue because the killer could just get buffs and so on to make up for it. It would also help Killers against SWF, too, if they're put on the same level and killers are given buffs to address both. While solo, it doesn't matter if you're a good survivor, either. If you ever get down, you're putting your life in someone else's hands. DS may help, but it only helps once and no one's willing to block for others, even while full health. Someone surviving doesn't always translate to them being good, same with someone pipping and most people get pulled up with SWF, I think, where the communication is easier and the coordination is better.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905
    edited July 2019

It is not fun, but its written somewhere in the acceptable killer playbook, that getting one player out of the game expediently is the smart thing to do. Sure it is not fun for the person being tunneled/camped and run out of the game, but that's the nature of competitive play. Anything for a win. I've heard a popular streamer use the excuse that if survivors rush gens he rushes kills. Well, okay then. I think this is something survivors will just have to live with. It has been punished (killers lose points for staying near the hook) and it has been rewarded (BBQ is an incentive to leave the hook and find someone else), and still it happens. Neither action is bannable, and it is as distasteful to survivors as killers encountering an experienced 4 man swf on comms with insta-heals. Merely something we all have to deal with.

Post edited by feechima on
  • fluffymareep

The killer face camping me with a trolly name isn't because he was being expedient. He was giving survivors a bad time and being toxic. His only goal is probably to make someone feel bad in the same way as those smurfs who bully newer killers or the SWF death squad all with insta-heals (though you can at least bring Franky's for that). It may not be against the rules, but it's still really annoying to come across and makes for unfun experiences that are likely to drive people away. I've come across too many killers who have this sort of thing going for them and it's frustrating. They're only playing to give people bad games, going by their profile and how they act in game and I don't remember seeing it to this degree before, making me believe it's gotten worse.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

I love how everyone talks about survivor being harder than a killer, it's not, at all. You need to know what you are doing, bring empathy you will have knowledge of the killer's location 9/10. Avoid being the first down and you're set entire game

• fluffymareep

Survivor can be hard or vexing because you're depending on a team and the killer not camping or tunneling. Survivor is team play (solo with strangers while lacking communication), while Killer is solo play. You don't have to hope the other survivors aren't picking their nose in the corner while you're being chased and don't have to worry about your them going down super quick or people farming each other. I've literally had games where I saved nearly everyone and died on first hook 'cause two people were on gens and one person was being chased. It has nothing to do with being the first one down and more to do with hoping the other survivors will be good enough to save you. It can be annoying to run into annoying survivors, but solos have to deal with annoying SWF who don't feel like saving the random (good or at all) AND killers who have it out for you 'cause you decided to play survivor. Bond is better btw. One-shots counter Empathy's sight and a lot of time people are running the killer for a bit before they get hit. If they accidentally sandbag you while you're on a gen, you're out positioned and the killer will often switch to you.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

My perk build (Empathy, lightweight, sprintburst, and spinechill) the killer never sees me unless i want them to and i have the perfect capability to assist my teams or sit on a gen while everyone is running for pallet after pallet

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Countless threads about the same stuff.

If you annoy killer, or killer sees other survivors not doing gens... he is just not going to leave. Literally no reason to.

• fluffymareep

I'm not running any exhaust or healing perks atm, but I started putting on DS again. I really don't mind dying. As long as I get enough points, I'm happy. I just don't like this sort of behavior. Bond still works better imo since you can see what healthy people are doing. For instance, you can see if someone else is heading for the save or if (like I said) someone is bringing the killer to you while healthy. You can find someone to heal you, too, if you'd like. I usually run Iron Will, though, in the cases no one wants to. Helps with sneaking away.

• fluffymareep

I'm not talking about the killer being annoyed or the killer seeing no one doing gens and deciding to stay nearby while trying to catch them out. I'm talking about killers whose sole purpose is to ruin someone's game and they express that in their profiles and everything. People who find people who've done nothing to them and face camp them because it's Friday or you're playing a Dwight. Being toxic just cause they feel like it. They had ruin up and no gens done. They had no reason to do this. This didn't happen so much in the past and I think it reflects the health of the game and the type of people staying.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

If the killer is coming my way spine-chill picks it up also works for countering nurses calling (since every killer wants to look directly at the auras) also I don't care what other survivors are doing 9/10 they will swarm the hook better for me to stay on my gen if the injured stops running ill run over give the butt rubs then back to a safe gen it is simple

• fluffymareep

Okay, but your perk build doesn't change that you have to rely on your team and the killer playing nicely to have a good/"easy" experience and that was your initial argument that was kind of related to what I was talking about. I'm trying to explain how it can be difficult and you're telling me what build you use. xD My perks fit my playstyle and you shouldn't stick to a determined set since it can make you complacent and can make you bored.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

If I get bored pick the killer up there is nothing more exhilarating than being chased with no second chances to save my hindquarters just need to be witty enough to break sight and hide before first hit ever lands you get one try to hit me then im a ghost. Also someone gets hit time to go rescue guy on hook, heal, back to gen.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

In the time it takes for him to get everyone who isn't me I've got most gens done and have the choice of rescuing last guy, hunting the hatch, or finding a gate

• fluffymareep

I usually adjust how I play according to the team I get placed in. Honestly when I get bored, I start to meme or switch to killer. xD I like Legion. They go zoom! Stabby stabby hehe. Well, one stabby now. I still like them though. Susie's cute.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

most of the times. if the survivors were focusing on repairing generators (A.K.A. Genrushing). the killer will most likely tunnel a survivor or two just to do his objective faster. and that's okay. and there's no problem with it at all.

but when a killer starts camping and tunneling right off the hook or just simply facecamp the survivor for the entire 3 minutes. he's/she's just being an a**hole.

same goes to survivors if they genrushed and teabagged the killer or kept spamming windows.

not to mention that spam clicking the flashlight near the killer sometimes seem to work as a bait for the killer to chase a specific survivor.

as a solo survivor. you must expect that a lot of survivors will just ignore you and keep repairing the generators and focus on escaping alone.

while in a swf group. the survivors doesn't like leaving while one of their friends is dying. so they'll attempt to save most of the times. even in the dangerous situations.

as a killer. you'll basically control the game. you're able to give each survivor every bit of " fun " and let them enjoy their match. or just be an #########. and which is something that will probably be a big problem when they rework the ranking system. because if they added rewards for ranking up. a lot of people will take the rank in a more serious way and play more competitive. this would increase the amount of overpowered/broken things you'll see in the game ( looking at you iridescent head huntress with eboni mori ).

for me. the best way i can think of that can help fixing this issue a lot. is by waiting for now. because it doesn't happen every match. and most of the people doesn't care about ranking

and once the ranking system rework comes. the player should be able to choose if he want to play casual or competitive with a big fat punishment for rage quitting.

some people who are reading this comment are probably saying now " there of course will be a lot of toxic people who just want to ruin the experience in casual ". so let me tell you something really quick. going tryhard would be a big waste of items, add-ons and offerings for both sides. and i don't think i need to mention the reasons. and if by any chance.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

In reality this comes as a necessary evil. Play Wraith perkless at high rank with no addons and then tell me playing Mr. Walk away and not camp ever how it goes. Gen rush happens because multiple survivors can do multiple objectives at the same time. 3 gens every 80 seconds. Simply put tunneling or camping someone out in many cases is effective. PGTW is a clown teachable that gives kicking gens a purpose. Without it a single m1 tap and boom your effort is gone.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905

@Fluffymareep ah, I've encountered that too. It is a shame that happens. I would dc from that game, even though I shouldn't have to. Some people are in their feelings have bad games and take it out on the next group. Despite this game being for a mature audience we do have a lot of teens and pre-teens playing this game. You'll get the childlike mentality even now and again. I've also encountered trolls as survivors too, difference being griefing is easier to prove on a fellow survivor. If the killer is truly griefing survivors, I'd report him too. Good luck with future games.

• fluffymareep

@Heroiq I can understand the reactionary sort of camping/tunneling. It's just the them being toxic and trolly sort that I don't understand. It wasn't around as much in the past, so I'm not sure if it's a testament to the game's health or who's deciding to stay around.

I understand you can expect some people to be selfish and not want to go for the save, but people in the higher ranks (if given the information) possibly would. There would be a higher percentage that would, at least, I would think. You don't even have to have Kindred level detail. Like if the survivor can see the killer, others can. Otherwise they can't. I don't think seeing auras while the person is on hook would hurt that much, either. It's the killer aura reading that's the strong park of that perk.

Your point is true. I hope if they do make ranking matter, they can introduce a casual mode for people who don't feel like dealing with it at the moment or have a tiered mode where people are facing what they have (so green against green, purple against purple, and so on). I don't think the people who are trying to ruin people's games are doing so to rank up, though, and possibly more of a way of protest? They don't usually stick around to talk.

I think there should be a punishment for casual, too. Your first response shouldn't be rage quitting in a sticky situation.

Well, I had someone slug me on the ground and hit me back down every time someone got me up. I doubt they were doing that to rank up. I don't think all (even most) bad behaviors are linked to ranking up.

• fluffymareep

@feechima You're right, some people could decide to mess with people in reaction to a couple of bad games. It isn't a mature response, but there's quite a few children on the game, I'm sure.

• Twinbros
    Twinbros Member Posts: 27

Camping killers are a real problem in the game, legit strat or not, and it ruins the game (for survivors anyway) I usually just DC from those games when I see the killer camping his first kill. It's one thing to camp when the doors are open (or close to being open) and its another to camp straight off the bat. The former I have 0 problems with because the killer needs their points. But the latter needs to have some sort of system put in place to curb that behavior (and no the current "incentive" isn't harsh enough).

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

I know right? What do the killer want us to do? Stand there and let them successfully camp and tunnel and mori us? Some killers really are thick

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309
    edited July 2019

Camped and tunneled? I do not move anymore. I go back to my Chrome window to do something else.

These psychopaths want a slaughter simulator, I give them. We do not play same game.

Today, it was the... Spirit. 😒

EDIT, the next day : for the fisrt game, it was... Myers. Fun.

Post edited by Chatkovski on
  • PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

Yea bad teammates are annoying, dont unhook infront of the killer and stop killing yourself or floating around a hook for a rescue that's not gonna happpen. If my team actually did the smart thing and jamed out gens when the killer is camping it would make things a lot more bearable and fun.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

Im sorry you are having bad games like this. As a killer main I can tell you face campers and tunnelers just aren't used to the scoring system yet. This is a baby killer tactic. Some will argue that it is because of toxic survivors, but I don't believe that is the case. Once you break down how points are scored you get used to the idea of "messing around" and dragging out chases. You can actually pip and level without a 4K, I do it with Legion and Clown all the time. Sometimes I do it with no kills at all.

On the flipside however, I get mad at survivors who just want to 5 gen and run out. They get crap points, I get crap points. Its just no fun ESPECIALLY after I drop sacrifices so EVERYONE can get points. Thats about as boring to me as tunneling and face camping.

it pisses me off.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

in my post https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/75835/balance-for-noed-camping-and-tunneling/p1

I think if they reduced the points tunneling and camping game in things like the sacrifice, the downs etc then the start would be used less because these players wouldn't climb. The game style would still exist but rank would mean alot more because you wouldnt see a rank 1 bubba face camping

• fluffymareep

Yeah, usually when I see a killer brought in a BPS, I'll farm at the end if they do poorly. I also let the killer kill me, too, though if I feel they did well and just happened not to kill anyone or if I want to given them a kill end game. I honestly think pointless camping/toxicity comes from frustrations, though I couldn't be too sure.

• fluffymareep

They've already reduced points, though. I think it'd be better to reward killers for changing targets and not camping with in-game pressure. I also saw someone suggest changing gen times and hook times. So, it would take survivors longer to do gens, but would also be less beneficial to just camp a hook.

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

Longer gen times would make camping amazing to do.

Even if you extended the hook times to account for this some poor dude has to sit there on hook for longer. The strat needs to be nerfed for the good of the community. It sucks to go into a game and be 3 hooks dead with no other points.

Nerf the points for praying on the weak survivors, promote other strategys that don't crap all over someones experience. This needs to be done for both sides but it looks like they are taking the right steps with the new map so maybe looping will be less of an issue.