The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

i hate rank reset....

i just got 'rush n rekt' by a rando team.... i'm ok with that. happens occasionally because i don't use Ruin.... but when i see it was a team of rank 13s, its heartbreaking.... subconsciously i know they weren't but it still takes a minute to wrap my head around it.... especially if i haven't even had my coffee yet....

Comments

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

Yeah its the monthly, bash the Lowbie's time. I never have understood the point of these resets.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

But one good thing though, u get to slaughter noobs without having to derank. it's best when u slaughter everyone before a single gen is complete

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    The only reason I like rank reset is so I can practice using nurse because I’m terrible with her. Other than that I DISLIKE RANK RESET! But as survivor it’s nice because you go against different killers other than billy (if you were in red ranks)
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Outland said:

@Someissues said:
    But one good thing though, u get to slaughter noobs without having to derank. it's best when u slaughter everyone before a single gen is complete

But is it really fun kicking puppies? They had a crap time, and you most likely would have preferred a better match. The resets do nothing but punish the less skilled.

Most rank 1 killers really don't like facing survivors of equal skill. Playing killer against good survivors is an awful experience.

I main Freddy at Rank 1 usually and 99% of the time I feel like the puppy that's getting kicked.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@Outland said:

@Someissues said:

But is it really fun kicking puppies? They had a crap time, and you most likely would have preferred a better match. The resets do nothing but punish the less skilled.

Most rank 1 killers really don't like facing survivors of equal skill. Playing killer against good survivors is an awful experience.

I main Freddy at Rank 1 usually and 99% of the time I feel like the puppy that's getting kicked.

I get it, there are a ton of supposed Rank 20 Killers, rocking 4 purple perks and using purple addons. Just ROFLSTOMPING everyone. But to have BHVR doing these rank resets so everyone is in ranks where they do not belong, it only servers to make the less skilled have a bad time for a while until the ranks right themselves again.

Until they decide to actually implement some kind of reward system for attaining rank, they should stop the senseless bashing of our lesser skilled players.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

@Outland

you're absolutely right. all this reset ######### does is turn new ppl completely off the game. its not healthy....

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Outland said:

Yeah its the monthly, bash the Lowbie's time. I never have understood the point of these resets.

whoa dont bash me bro!
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018

@Outland said:

It'll take another year or so to buff Freddy, Wraith, Letherface, Pig, and I don't consider these Killers to be viable at high ranked especially Rank 1, there's no incentive for ranking anyway you get nothing and punished for it as a Killer. Sure I can destroy them with Nurse but I don't want to play Nurse every game, she's pretty much the only Killer that is viable at High ranked

and these aren't really plebs, there are so many Prestige survivors in these matches, currently at Rank 13 since the reset and plan to go back to Rank 20 soon by slugging and leaving them for dead

• Slap_Chop
    Slap_Chop Member Posts: 25

I don't mind either way... Its either easy kills or maximum effort. If you're good you'll take advantage of the reset and use it as means to get your rank back where it should be. Let the babies adapt and keep moving along. I killer main to kill, not nurse the baby survivors.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Outland said:

@Someissues said:

Its more fun than being bullied by a SWF

• deadwolfwalking

@Master

lol. damn right.... ******* swf.... that ######### always makes me re-evaluate my life choices....

• whyareyoutunnelingme
    whyareyoutunnelingme Member Posts: 35

I feel for anyone whose first time playing the game is during rank reset.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    edited July 2018

@Someissues said:

That may seem fun and all, but trust me, it's not a good feeling after a while. You do feel powerful which is what I want as Killer and I'm sure a lot of others do too... but it's power against players that are still learning the ropes.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

I avoided the game after rank reset for at least a few days till the tryhards got out of my range. There is playing and then there is being roflstomped game after game since the game makes no distinction between a former rank 1 surv and one who just started.

• Mashtyx1
    Mashtyx1 Member Posts: 188
    edited July 2018
    People wanting something for getting to rank one don't understand that it's meant to be there so the game can put you up against people who are just as skilled so your not rekting noobs. Sure the match making is still @!#$ and the development team aren't taking in the fact that rank reset puts you up against new people who just get rekt anyway but the development team is trying. Like what are you looking for as a reward for getting to rank one? Cosmetic items or just more blood point gain? Cosmetic isn't fair to those who aren't good enough to get to rank one and more blood points can just be gained by offerings and perks... I also see high ranks hidding in low ranks just to make themselves feel better for getting easy kills don't get me wrong I see survivorsome doing it to just to bully noob killers. I also see survivors and killers alike in low ranks with purple perks or perks at level three and it's just annoying.
  • deadwolfwalking

i don't really see a point to a reset. its just easy wins for ppl who were already high ranked and hard discouragement for ppl who struggle at a basic level. ppl at a higher level who no longer wish to be there can depip the way nature intended - one game at a time.... and ppl who are new or just not good can practice on equally matched teams and learn the game without completely hating the game. as they improve, they'll rank up. should they ever rank higher than their skill level, they will rank back down also....