I faced off against 4 survivors with the Sprint Burst exploit.

Options

Can we just make this perk not usable till it is fixed? Can we also give the exploiters a live time ban. They are nothing but toxic losers that enjoy bullying people. Just remove them from the game as a whole.

Comments

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Must have been a fun match.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

Wake up was worse, and no punishment so don’t expect anything for this.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Yeah I can see the dramatic impact it has. Using sprint burst on demand causes people to run out in the open resulting in crazy 14 second chases. 😂

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,045
    Options

Had someone do it against my Legion. Every time id go to stab with FF, theyd hit that to make me miss. Of course, got plenty of t-bagging everytime they got to a pallet they wouldnt have otherwise gotten to.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

I don't think they'll ban for using perk/add-on exploits anymore. Seeing as we had Wake Up and Legion knifes bugged again and they just tried to fix that as asoon as possible

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,671
    Options

The devs have realized that this community is wayyyyyy too scummy to enforce exploit bans, anymore, as too many people indulge.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Problem is it's harder to prove there are multiple scenarios for the Sprint burst bug. First someone could have used another exhaustion perk and have it confused with Sprint burst most notably Lithe then some people 99% their exhaustion so they can use it on demand and it looks like the bug. There would be way to much false reporting :/ especially since it's a popular perk since it's an exhaustion perk.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Why don't they just fix it? Like how did a fix not get prioritized and deployed within a day?

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

Okay so this may be unpopular but how I'm looking at this is, this is bhvrs mistake.... it's their fault the bug is in the game... when there were glitches/bugs that allowed players to buff boss weapons or weapons that should not have been able to be buffed or being able to use an ability outside of the area it was only allowed to be used in, on DS3, nobody got banned.... there was no "ban wave".... players whined ofcourse..... players will always cry about bugs that will forever be considered "exploits"............. I've came across it as well and its deff a pain in the arse when the player is experienced... it gives a shout out to how exhaustion used to work and how broken it was.... all in all calling for bans and crap over this is imo not really neccessary...... bhvr just needs to fix bug and that's it

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

"It's not my fault I stole from you, it's your fault for having locks I can exploit, even though you didn't know that until after the fact."

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

What is the issue with Sloppy Butcher and wraith?

@Boss

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    Options

Unless there's a HUGE outcry for BHVR to include code that lets them deploy hot fixes that disable certain addons/maps/killers/items after some internal vetting... They're never gonna do it.

It sounds very much like a manual process from their side.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Let's ban everyone who's used an exploit once either knowingly or unknowingly. Hope you're ready for 1 hour queues.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

Ebony Mori

• Jdsgames
    edited July 2019
    Options

@Yamaoka I do hope you know when the Wake Up bug initially came about they said they can track who used it and how frequent. Someone that always used wake up would be ignored. Those who just happened to slap it on from the time the exploit was found and removed it after. Yes, they deserve the ban. This includes for ANY exploiters. By your logic installing a cheat engine on accident is fair play too. You can't expect the user to not know they are getting a boost when mending took hours or gens were cut in half time wise with visual cues.

The only valid point for Sprint Burst is that there are natural ways to do the exploit that are not actually exploiting and you can't tell the difference.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

Killers can see survivors on generators through walls in front of jigsaw boxes and hooks through walls from 20-30 meters out should we ban every killer on ps4?

• Jdsgames
    edited July 2019
    Options

@fcc2014 this one I can defend. You can't not see this in the game. This is a bug you can't avoid. Wake Up you had to actively start using it to gain the exploit ability. You had the ability to not exploit it. You had how many other perks that you could have swapped out. Same with legion blades they were intentionally used and optional.

• fcc2014
    Options

@Jdsgames Ok so what about all the Wraith's that were running sloppy for months, or Tinkerer, Agitation, Devour Hope when all were bugged? Tinkerer no TR after the 1st gen, Agitation permanent speed up after caring the first survivor or Devour Hope giving stacks when the unhook was interrupted. They were also in the game and didn't stop anyone from running them.

Going into an exploit area that they killer can't get to should be ban able. Using a broke perk or add on because the QA team is lazy or ineffective should not be.

P.S Kate's hair says Hi from behind a wall 60 meters away.

• Jdsgames
    edited July 2019
    Options

@fcc2014 can you fill me in on the sloppy butcher one. I don't know why this affected wraith specifically. If to any point it leads to a severe critical advantage to the point it is game breaking. Yes, it should be bannable. That or by now a disable feature should be in place. Disconnecting to spawn hatch instantly is an exploit of mechanics. Tinker no TR yes that would be a major exploit in my book same with the agitation. Devour tokens I would need more knowledge of it specifically. Aggitation would essentially be speed hacking. Speed hacking is bannable abusing a bug of a perk that gives you bonus speed is exploiting a speed hack due to a bug. Simple logic.

However, in the end the ones you choose to exploit is done intentionally.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

@Jdsgames The issue WAS that, once a Survivor was inflicted by the effects of Sloppy Butcher or "Blind Warrior" - White, the frames could drop immensely for them, sometimes resulting in disconnecting.

• Jdsgames
    edited July 2019
    Options

@Boss was this a well documented thing like wake up or whatever? If I hit four survivors and they all disconnected I really didn't win anything. I generally don't like making gray areas but I can see this also being classified as an exploit. The perk in this case truly should have been just disabled as well as the add-on. I don't know the full extent of how disconnects from this were handled. However, at the same time I wouldn't really make a connection that the perk caused frame drops on the survivor side. Latency in this game is bad with spikes. I don't want to make a call not knowing the exact function of how it worked.

• fcc2014
    Options

You squirted out blood the entire match even after being healed. The frame drop was killer especially on PS4 where the frame rate was already pretty bad at that time.

@Jdsgames my point is simple both sides are constantly at war with one another for bugs that both sides have abused. The game is constantly broke in one way or another asking for players to be banned is ridiculous.

NOED, Bloodwarden and Head On are bugged in the PTB if they make it live and Killers start running NOED that still works after all the totems and Survivors start creating invincible areas with Head On. Both are at fault but neither should be banned.

• Jdsgames
    Options

@fcc2014 if it makes it to live without being disabled after it is well documented and known. Yes, I can see a defense for the bad design not being treated as such. Something that is found in a patch and is blatantly abused during live until the next patch is an exploit. However, I would still give notice that they will be bannable and treated as such. It then becomes the survivor/killer's action to equip it. Therefore actively looking to exploit. It would be like EAC went down for this patch I installed a cheat client. Due to EAC going down doesn't mean cheat clients are welcomed and allowed. I am then exploiting the fact EAC is down.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,045
    Options

Lets not forget the fact that The sprint burst exploit is more than just equiping the perk. You have to INTENTIONALLY do it

• Jdsgames
    edited July 2019
    Options

@LordGlint, however, the difference is you can't prove it. If they have the situational objects available they can still do the natural and hold exhaustion. It would have to be recorded and displayed frequently.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Apparently using Sloppy Butcher on Wraith could cause Survivors to shoot geysers of blood that would lag them to hell and back.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

You really don't have to intentionally do it, if you get unhooked and start running it wont proc, if you stop and then run again it will.

I do random perk builds and SB came up, I got rescued off the hook and started running, I don't usually run SB so didn't notice that it hadn't procced, then I walked behind an object and the killer found me and started chasing which made me proc SB, you don't have to do it intentionally at all.

• Jdsgames
    Options

@TAG see I currently would look at that as more of a bug. The only thing it possibly could have helped was climbing rank if it considered it being 4k's each game. If the survivor dc's you lost all the potential hit and hook points on that survivor. I can see it being gamebreaking but not a gamebreaking advantage. Like you couldn't not cause it to do the blood thing so if you brought it game was over in 4 hits. Again as I said before I don't understand the extent so I might be wrong in my classification. I just don't see it as an advantage or any reason someone would run it more than once.

• fcc2014
    Options

@Jdsgames Just curious since you don't seem to be aware of some of these past bugs. How long have you been playing and what platform? I just wonder because we have had instablind flashlights and hook/lag and so much more that has been used and abused. I just want to know what time frame we are working with.

• Jdsgames
    edited July 2019
    Options

I would probably say ~spring-summer 2017 I am not on my home pc with it installed. However, I don't know every single bug I play pc version. However, I was around for instant-blinds and pre-hook tilt. Some perks I just didn't use as killer like sloppy butcher so I wasn't inclined to be notified. However, I do tend to read patch notes and various other things like the wiki logs even though it is off sometimes. I have well over 2k hours in the game. I also don't go out of my way to learn about how to exploit these mechanics. I see a post on the forum I know something is wrong with the perk I stop using it. I generally prefer a fair play-style and strive for new and balanced mechanics. If you need to cheat to win your games you shouldn't be playing that game imo. @fcc2014

• fcc2014
    Options

@Jdsgames I'm currently only play killer for dailies because of the current Aura issue on PS4 for that very reason.

I still don't believe the Legion players using the double blade, thana and sloppy should have been banned. They didn't break the game.

As far as exploited bugs Wake Up and Sprint Burst news spread fast Thanks to Fog Streamers and wanting to their fandom to be little toxic A holes like them.

• Bravo0413
    Options

If you wanna bring law up yes..... if you can get into someone's house without any sign of forced entry or no forced entry at all the person who broke in cant be charged because the owner was a dumb ass or didnt do their homework.....

Now is that #########? Yes!!..... this issue is on bhvr.... no one should be banned!.... they need to fix the bug asap..

• Jdsgames
    Options

@Bravo0413 although, I would never encourage this being done. Find an exploit on a company server and exploit it and see where it lands you. If you can prove they got in the house and stole it is still chargeable by law. The point being made is you are allowing intentional cheating of the game by ways of exploits. Then using backwards weak logic to say 'Oh but it was a bug' which isn't valid. Most exploits are bugs. Look up any form of penetration testing work and see how strict and how much trouble you can get in for misusing a tool that exploits bugs. Simply put there are consequences for your actions. You choose to exploit you choose to be banned.

• Jdsgames
    Options

I play killer but I don't pay much attention to gen auras. If I see the aura on pc I will make the round circle. Check the gens I would have checked if I didn't know they were there. Not zoom zoom zoom yeah I am good guys. @fcc2014 they broke the game by making it unplayable by the survivor perspective. Similar to how wake up made the game so quick there was no chance for the killer to really win unless they were able to really heavily capitialize on survivor mistakes. Yes, you could still win as the opposing team but it was hell.

• ForsakenM
    ForsakenM Member Posts: 47
    Options

I love how someone compared a criminal offense punishable by law to abusing a broken mechanic in a video game.

Stay classy, Internet!

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850
    Options

Ha thats funny for our devs it takes a month to fix broken things

• fcc2014
    Options

@Jdsgames the game is currently broke on PS4 from a survivor perspective so you can either play or don't until it is fixed.

Killers can do the same thing. Many took a break when the window blocking wasn't working. If they feel that strongly about Sprint Burst take a hiatus till it is fixed.

Wake up was different because it was during an "Event" but if you are not happy about this weeks bugged perk or action you can always not play.

Calling for players to get banned because BHVR keeps breaking stuff is absurd.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Mainly because people complained about the updates so they stopped fixing bugs so fast. It's a literal catch-22 for them you fix the bugs fast? People complain about constant updates if you don't people complain about the bugs.

• invira_zero
    invira_zero Member Posts: 229
    Options

I faced some of them too, but they got outplayed by my precious spirit.

In the name of Oink!

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Idk either, but i do know it should be considered an exploit, as it can literally remove all gameplay for that match.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

It took two years for the devs to fix Freddy. You really think they'll get off their asses and do something that actually needs an immediate fix?

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406
    Options

I've been using sprint burst and didn't know it was bugged. What is wrong with this one?

• Bravo0413
    Options

@Jdsgames yes if you can prove the person broke in.... that's why I said if there is no sign of forced entry etc..... I do feel it's bad that's players abuse it, but there is no way that every player thats abusing this bug should be banned... is there even a way of tracking that? Sprintburst is a popular perk mostly ran by noobies.... the only reasonable way of banning the player is through the report system and I still feel that it would be wrong for bhvr to go on this massive ban wave because they fooked up and let bug go through that's going to anger the almighty "do no wrong few"