What do you think about the design contest winners?

I'd really like to know what you guys think about the design contest winners. I honestly feel a little robbed (even tho I didn't even participate). Yesterday someone posted some killer designs here and they were incredible. The winner on the other hand... I don't want to disrespect anyone, but it seems that the clown outfit is for children and we all know that kids are not allowed to play this game. Am I the only bad person here or does anyone feel the same?

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Tell that to Dead Rising.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,706

I don't think the Clown's outfit is childish at all, it's very original and creative and fits the character. I really liked the idea of something that unusual.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    edited July 2019

As someone stated in the other discussion about the winners a pink elephant is something drunk people hallucinate about. So it’s perfectly suitable for the clown — you know the one that throws bottles to get you intoxicated to be dressed like the thing that drunk people see. 🙄

also no no matter which were picked people wouldn’t be happy because this is a subjective preference. We also don’t know what the art team is working on behind the scenes that hasn’t been leaked yet so it’s very possible some submissions are already similar to what they have in the pipeline.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I still want shirtless Myers...

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

@PalletOrWhat

The two judges for this contest were:

• The Dead by Daylight Art Director, Filip
    • The Dead by Daylight Creative Director, Dave Richard

We received over 650 entries... there were bound to be a lot of awesome submissions in there that were not going to make it to top 2 (and it saddened us too) 😥

The winners were chosen because the designs showed attention to details, insight and creativity. Plus, the winning designs are in line with the character's backstory and lore. That was also very important to the judges.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,964

I wish I could upvote this post 100 times, it's exactly what I wanted to say but far more eloquently put. Thank you @Onionthing

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    edited July 2019

Subjective but, that clown skin is amongst the best skins lol. So does this mean the skin will be coming into the game?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

IMHO there were better designs submitted.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Should have been more then two winners

• Birthday_Boy
    Birthday_Boy Member Posts: 15

I really like the clown skin and Feng's is okay. Congrats to the winners and congrats to all those who participated. Yall did an awesome job.