Do you think a rematch option would be a good idea?

Options

So everyone can press a button in the end game screen to play another match with the same survivors/killer if they want?

Would this be a good suggestion? 🤔

Maybe limit it to best of 3 to prevent endless farming lobbies?

With a return to the lobby to change killers/items/perks before the second match.

The only issue i can think of is it being used as a revenge mechanic. Get destroyed as LF see "gg ez" then ask for rematch and switch to ebony omega blink nurse and say "gg ez" back.

Comments

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

I can see this as a way to be toxic like you stated but if everyone has a good game it can be a lot of fun. Really a case by case basis.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Yes

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,027
    Options

@The_Daydreamer Farming matches in general arnt considered a problem by the developers, its when people are FORCED to farm that its an issue. If people wanna restart a game and agree to all use BPS, how is this any different? And how is it a problem.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

It would be great. I wouldn't expect to see rematches happen very often, but they'd be welcome. "Toxicity" is no problem, after a tight first round everyone would go tryhard, which is good for the drama. Only real issue would be farming, but if it's consensual, then it's ok.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

I think this would be a good idea

For example: As killer you end up a really good team and get destroyed, then you ask for a rematch and they accept, this way you'll get used quicker to SWF teams and get better at the game quicker

It can work the same for survivors if they end up against a good killer

In short: A rematch feature could enhance the overall playerbase skills so more people will be able to reach higher ranks. And so, maybe, the devs will start balancing the game around high ranks (In short? This ain't short, stupid me)

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

I think this would be a good idea

For example: As killer you end up a really good team and get destroyed, then you ask for a rematch and they accept, this way you'll get used quicker to SWF teams and get better at the game more quickly

It can work the same for survivors if they end up against a good killer

In short: A rematch feature could enhance the overall playerbase skills so more people will be able to reach higher ranks. And so, maybe, the devs will start balancing the game around high ranks

(In short? This ain't short, stupid me)

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

I love that idea. Got a lot of love mail when playing killer and sometimes I feel I'd like to play against the same persons, since it was a nice experience for everyone, why not doing it again ? ^^

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337
    Options

I really loved the idea! I hope the devs will look into it

• George_Soros
    Options

I just had another idea, although it'd be probably done more effectively by Steam, not by DBD. But it could be included in the game too: just as we have our "Friends" list, we should be able to "bookmark" people and put them on our "Enemies" list. You know, that guy insulted you after a game? Time to get your tryhard gear when you face him next time. Killers would obviously have the advantage here, but it's killers who have to swallow more ######### anyway.

It would be so much fun. It's hard to keep track of which player acted like an ######### and deserves some punishment. I don't really feel like keeping a little book handy and scratch nicks in it every time my feelings are hurt.

• LordGlint
    Options

@George_Soros Thats a bad idea for 2 reasons. !, it encourages toxicity. This guy is on my "enemies" list? Time to facecamp him. 2, Since players CONSTANTLY change their usernames, youd have no clue who anyone on that list even is after like 1 week.

• George_Soros
    Options

About name change: that would be the point, it would automatically track them, regardless of changed nick.

As for "toxicity": I'm not sure how toxicity would be defined. But you guys who are sooo sensitive to it have to understand something. Those people who bm, insult, humiliate, troll others with no reason may be dumb (they usually are), but even they understand the rule: once you've crossed that line, anything goes. I think most of them understands that (short of cheating) you're both expected to stop at nothing, play as ruthlessly as possible, nothing of that "playing fair" crap. Games are much more exciting when you play against someone you despise. That's when you know you both give your best and the other guy does too. They need to be utterly destroyed, whatever it takes. So much fun.

I'm somewhat of a manchild, not exactly a role model for your teenage son, but I just can't resist enjoying those "revenge" moments. I still remember back when I was relatively new, lost a game miserably to an SWF group, then, without any reason other than being maliciouos, the survivors started explaining in the foulest language and in painful detail how much I suck, how useless a player I am, and so on. Thoroughly humiliating. And I very clearly remember the joy when I met them again and did a very convincing 3K, no mori or crap like that either. Then of course I rubbed their face in it "How about now dickwad?". These are priceless moments, even though things don't always work out like this.

I know it's childish, and I could easily choose to shrug off such stuff, but this would be the boring choice. I need drama. I need people I can hate and punish... or try to. And I think I'm not alone. This is simply the best thing about this game.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

So it would be totally fine if I farm with the killer 30k BP aslong everyone of the team is okay with it? As I remember right, they are against explicit farming/trials where everyone wants just as much BP.

• sweaty_gamer
    sweaty_gamer Member Posts: 25
    Options

At this stage of the game this feature would be nothing but a try hard revenge. Killer got rekt by 4 man SWF squad, no problem rematch and switch to mori..SWF squad got rekt by killer, easy rematch with 4 insta heals+DS+toolboxes..etc

• LordGlint
    Options

@The_Daydreamer They already stated that its not against the rules to be a "nice killer" and allow the survivors to escape.

@George_Soros Ive had ppl get pissy because you DARE find a flashlight in a chest... Whatever your reasoning for it, to go out of your way to ruin someones game everytime you see them is not a good thing for this game.

• George_Soros
    Options

@sweaty_gamer probably, but who cares, both parties would have to agree to a rematch, and both would be aware that the other is likely to bring out the heavy guns. In fact, it would be more fair than going blind, like with most regular games.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495
    Options

Yes bc if they decide they wanna bully my Ghosty-goo, then I'mma flip to Nurse and paint the Crotus Prenn Asylum in their blood

• LordGlint
    Options

I love how everyone's "big guns" is nurse, meanwhile I bring out Freddy when I wanna beat someone and embarrass them.

• George_Soros
    Options

@LordGlint I never understood why people refer to tryhard tactics, loadouts, etc as "ruining someone's game". You're ruining my game if you're not playing seriously, you're ruining my game if you DC. You're NOT ruining my game if you do everything in your power to win. That's what I want to do. And frankly, sometimes when I get matched against people memeing around or very casual players, but I realize it too late, I feel so bad about it afterwards. Whereas if I'm a hundred percent sure they'll do their damnedest, I will feel free to go full berserk myself. 

Full berserk is good.

And let me repeat, it's not at all problematic, if everyone in the game agrees to the rematch. No one forces you.

• LordGlint
    Options

@George_Soros I never said using good loadouts is ruining someones game. Downing someone and standing infront of them with a fully charged Bubba chainsaw until they bleed out on the ground or die on first hook is abit different than bringing your A game.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

Okay, then I am fine with it too. But just to clear things up: If everyone is fine with playing again, do they come back to the fire and plan their setup like normally or do they play with the same setup until they cancel the matchup?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Would all 4 survivors have to agree to it for there to be another match? Because otherwise a survivor working with the killer could keep rejoining until they get into each other's lobbies then simply rematch to farm more survivors.

I think if all 4 need to agree for it to work then it's a good idea!

• LordGlint
    Options

@The_Daydreamer youd kinda HAVE to go back and redo the setup so you could use more offerings and addons that were used up the first match.

• LordGlint
    Options

@brokedownpalace Since thats a bannable offense anyway, if you see someone working with the killer to farm their teammates, you should report it.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

I like this idea, I want to see if developers would agree to this though @Peanits (sorry to bother you again)

• brokedownpalace
    Options

Yeah but in order to do that you need to send in video proof, including opening their profiles. Most people would just get pissed and move on or rage quit

• LordGlint
    Options

@brokedownpalace Theres a spot for working with the killer in the endgame report feature.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

You need video proof, but you don't need to open their profiles. An in-game report will give the devs that information.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

The killer should be able to trigger the "Rematch" option. A pop-up would show in the survivor's screen and they would accept and re-join that lobby or go back to lobby hunting. If you're in a SWF group, all the members would have to agree, given that they joined as a pack.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

would be cool but doubt it's something theyll dedicate resources to.

• brokedownpalace
    Options

But it's not like the devs keep recordings of each match, so how would they know for sure they're working together unless people sent videos in?

• Gorgonia
    Options

Reporting someone for farming with the killer after everyone died is not wrong, but I wouldn't unless I notice that survivor has been helping the killer throughout the game. If I see that, I report. If we all die but one and the killer is like "okay, you did nothing all game so I will let you farm some points", I'm okay with that. It's the killer's trial, their choice.

• EntitĂ 
    EntitĂ  Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

Interesting tool! I'd try it. :)

• LordGlint
    Options

@Gorgonia Typically when ppl are refering to farming with the killer, they mean using the point emote to show the locations of teammates while using something like bond.

• Gorgonia
    Options

Not always, I've received a lot of "I'm going to report you" messages on PS4 because people spectated after they died and saw the killer would let me do things or have me throw a pallet on their face after they noticed they finished the game too soon. That doesn't mean I know/work with the killer.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    edited July 2019
    Options

While I like to think optimistically, I've also gotta' think about how things would be used in the worst case scenario. What I really feel would happen:

• One side steamrolls the other
    • That side asks for a rematch just as one last 'ggez'

In a perfect world, I would love it, but I feel like it would just be misused more than anything. It also might be weird if one or more survivors decide not to rematch, since they could be playing solo.

• Gorgonia
    Options

But the rematch should be accepted by both parties, not automatically triggered for all. So if the killer steamrolled you, why would you accept a rematch? It's not like it would be imposed.

• Peanits
    Options

I don't mean to suggest that the other side would accept, it would just be used to taunt. I would compare it to teabagging at the exit gate, basically. Toxic people would absolutely use it to request a rematch and taunt the other side knowing that the match wasn't even close.

• Gorgonia
    Options

But... and this is a big but :P, you are empowered to deny that toxicity by rejecting it.

• Peanits
    Options

You're not rely denying the toxicity at that point, that's like having someone insult you and then leaving. You were the bigger person, sure, but it doesn't change the fact that they insulted you. Being real for a second, you know if there's a toxic group, they would also instantly click that rematch button and then laugh when the killer says, "No".

• Gorgonia
    Options

Well yeah, the toxicity trigger would be on already by then haha... but all in all, if not a rematch option, at the least the option to join your last survivor lobby without having to go back all the way.