What if every account started with a single splinter for every dlc?

Maelstrom10
Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

This would allow new players the opportunity to get aquatinted with killer powers and abilities through play, whilst also giving them the ability to trial and see if they like a killer before purchase. Obviously it wouldn't be a true reflection of the killer, as no add-ons and perks would result in them being a little less then powerful, but I feel it could be a nice touch and way to introduce players into the game.

There are certain intricacies that can only be learned by playing a charecter. Ie as an example, that ghost face gains the ability to see you when being pulled out of stealth or that the plague can see whose infected etc

Things aren't immediately obvious to new survivors And I feel this would be a good way to trial them into newer killers and possibly entice them to purchase them.

A better possible route (for players that have played blacklight retribution an old now dead game) could be the ability to rent charecters and perks not owned for incredibly cheap iridecent shards (10-100 shards for a perk as an example, for a day) ie being able to rent a charecter and all their teachables for a day. After that day is up you can buy said charecter, retaining any bloodweb progress

Comments

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

I advocate this idea, though remember, they stopped making splinters for killers a while back. No harm in bringing them back though

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,339

I could get down with this idea. Ill actually add onto it. What if when you USED a splinter, you also were able to equip any addon from that character. Currently, when using splinters, your going in with no perks or addons which is kinda...brutal. Also some addons COMPLETELY change the killer playstyle. What if I dont wanna use "vanilla" myers, but rather have a scratched mirror game?

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

Personally things such as scratched mirror should be tied behind buying the killer though. its to personalised an addon/perk setup. i wouldn't mind any splinter having the adepts perks at level 3 on them however. i also wouldn't mind "splinters" being made for survivor. being able to trial a killer/survivor for a certain period before purchasing them, whilst retaining bloodweb progress even. or just giving us a splinter to play them for a game and attempt to get adept.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

So from looking up splinters, I assume it's basically just the offerings that allow you to play as a killer, which also make it so no perks are used. Right? Could that be changed to where you used their 3 perks tier 1, or at least all your current perks as the killer you are.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I like this idea a lot, it would probably boost sales as well (For chapters I mean)

The devs unfortunately have stopped making splinters, which is bs in my opinion, at least licensed characters should have a splinter, Ghostface doesn't for some reason

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I still get the Cannival splinter in my bloodwebs. I am not interested in that character. I have unlocked BBQ at the shrine though

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited July 2019

Is there a splinter for Ghostface?

EDIT: According to the wiki, there is not.

• sweaty_gamer
    sweaty_gamer Member Posts: 25

But why I am still getting splinters on a p3 killer even tho I bought all characters, it's not even cheap to ignore it's presence