Ghostface new Freddy tier

So now that Ghostface is the new laughing stock of killers, when will he get a rework?

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

He's not that weak.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Ghostface is B-tier to me at least, and he is really fun to play against. :)

• Fictionalname
    Fictionalname Member Posts: 121

You were most likely one of those who screamed Freddy was ok when he was released aswell.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

No he was still bad then. The problem with Freddy that sets him apart from other killers is that his power can be a legitimate detriment to him. He has to wait 7 seconds to hit someone, meaning he actually lacks basic killer ability to a degree. No other killer has this problem. Even without their power they still have instant M1 to use and their power simply increases what they can do. If you think Ghostface is even close to what Freddy was liked then you clearly had no idea what made him weak to begin with.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Freddy tier is now bubba tier. Change my mind.

• ClogWench

Doctor tier

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

He is A+. Slightly better than Myers if you play him correctly.

• purplerain
    purplerain Member Posts: 92

he is good but he need little cooldown buff on power . i am forced every game take green pen just so i dont need wait ages to use my power again

• ClogWench

I will admit I'm tired of killers with a cooldown on their ability

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I've been maining GF since he came out and he is definitely no bottom tier. He is high-mid tier, just below or equal to Myers. His power can be used for stealth, faster chases, or tracking. You just have to be aware of your surroundings and the general position of survivors. Yea when they break you out constantly it will be very difficult, but you can still play around that. Constantly stalking to get survivors 99'd, then next time you just tap stalk and mark them instantly can be very effective. His power has a lot of utility, and it's not always that easy to break his stalk. In fact some survivors go out of their way to break it which you can use to your advantage. But you really have to use all the different aspects of his power. If you just go pure stealth, or pure one shot, you're gonna have a bad time.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I would agree to this. Since rank reset, I've been finding that the power cooldown add-ons are very good for him because it let's you get marks on those survivors that constantly break your stalk. What I do is I stalk them as much as I can, I try to get to at least 75%, then they usually break it (I will go for the mark if they let me), then I chase them but refuse to hit them until my power returns. Make them drop some pallets or get bloodlust on them, then my power is full again and I finish the stalk and now have an easy one shot. It's actually better than hitting them twice a lot of the time, you just need patience.

I would also say they need to fix the break mechanic. I swear sometimes a survivor will break my stalk through a wall, and other times I don't even see the Killer Instinct blip. And then other times I just KNOW the survivor is cursing at me because they can't break my stalk while standing right in front of me. It's very buggy and hurts both sides. I'd be fine with it being more consistent for survivors if it was also easier to stop by crouching or jumping behind something to block LOS.

Oh and the Killer Instinct add-ons really need to do something else. Not sure exactly what, but I personally find them useless.

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334

One thing Myers has on Ghostface is the survivors do not know they are being stalked by him. Ghostface's stalk has a meter on the survivors icons. So as soon as you start stalking them if they are paying attention they know your around and can hide or look at you.

• MassiveToggaf
    MassiveToggaf Member Posts: 37

Survivors only see when someone is marked exposed, they cant see the bars otherwise.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Freddy isn't even bad. He was just annoying for survivors to deal with.

• purplerain
    purplerain Member Posts: 92

so i also main gf , and i use : PGTW / STBFL / DISCORDANCW / ( NC or OVERCHARGE)

the way i play i always if i see obsesssion i just 99 % and scare them away while fakin i chase him and go for other on gen . . if gen is in hard area to stalk i just go for stealth free hit to stack stbl . if there are 2 ppl on gen i fake chase 1 just 99 stalk him for later and go for other survivor hitting him .

this way u need memorize which survivors u 99

• s0cial_outc4st
    s0cial_outc4st Member Posts: 59

In my experience, Freddy isn't that bad in the right hands. I am excited for the rework, don't get me wrong, but I don't believe he was nearly as bad as people think. However, he is kinda boring when you compare his abilities to all the other killers.

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334

I stand corrected. I guess I need to play survivor more lol. Thanks guys for pointing that out. ๐Ÿ˜

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Yea, not trying to ######### on you or anything but this is a common theme at the moment where people don't fully understand something so they think something is stronger/weaker than it is.

Before the hatch change there was literally someone who was arguing with mods over how the hatch worked saying it would spawn -no matter what- if 2 gens were done, that's why he thought the hatch was so strong because he simply didn't understand it, he thought 4 survivors could do two gens and key out.

• Ghostingmyteammates
    Ghostingmyteammates Member Posts: 216

If you can even tell us why ghostface is trash, that would be lovely.

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

GF is pretty good right now I get 3-4ks in red ranks which aren't the easiest because of him getting absolutely destroyed by gens but besides that he is a good Killer if you seriously consider him bad then you have never played LF against a decent team of survivors or you aren't that good on GF

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

I allready got scared that they changed GF's stalk to be visible like that lmao

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
  • ClogWench

I'm willing to bend and say maybe C tier but B tier is EXTREMELY generous for a killer with nearly nothing going for him at present.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

yeah im happy too as survivor. he is so easy to loop and play against. u have control over his power and even if he gets to mark you, you just run some loops until its gone :) really fun to play against him.

• ClogWench

If you think his power is just being able to mark people then you're facing some pretty low skill Ghostfaces.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

Dunno what you on a about ghost face is git gud i get ez juan tabs with him thats why i main him lol

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Ghostface is in a good spot. No one plays him properly. They'll walk out in the open while in stealth and once they are spotted they go "How?! I was so hidden!" Then they only use his power for marking survivors and not for chases and mind games.

Although I would really like a cool down buff I've been running cool down add ons every game :v

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

There are actual times where you are not "out in the open" and you get revealed ive literally seen them while playing him but i do agree most have not learned his 2 different Play styles that work with him yet.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Oh yeah I agree some times detection is stupid. I hooked a Meg outside the barn walked inside and was revealed by said Meg. Annoying but running double cool down add ons kinda helped :P

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    edited July 2019

The problem with trying to be sneaky with Ghostface, is that you can spend a lot of time trying a stealth approach only to realize that there are no angle for you to stalk without being seen. In the end you wasted time, the survivors made more progress on the generators and you didn't stalk anyone. If stealth cannot reliably pay off is just a huge loss all across the board.

Turning off your TR is usefull for sure, but its really weak on its own. At best it give you a free first hit ? The fact that survivors can easily cancel it and that its on a huge cooldown just add insult to injury. Wraith has no cooldown on the Wailing Bell. Amanda can crouch whenever she please and its not even her main power. Myers barely has any TR to begin with and can make it even smaller with the right build. He has an easier time managing his stalk meter and gain increased vault speed and lunge range in tier 3.

When his power is on cooldown Ghostface has NOTHING, he is just a bare bones M1 killer. And its so easy to break him out.

If anything the release of Ghostface made me appreciate The Wraith, The Shape and The Pig way more than I did before.

• GrootDude

You have to create map pressure and game slowdown by slugging. How many killers have tracking in their basekit? You must not be good with LF if you think his chainsaw relies on survivors mistakes, you can hit survivors through windows if you time it perfectly. You have to create mindgamed,just like most killers.

• GrootDude

At least you arenโ€™t putting him in the F tier.