The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

As a New Killer to dbd

Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

What issues do you have being a new killer from rank 20-13?

List them below and provide detail, so we can properly assess some problems of being killer in low ranks as a new player.

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

When I was a new killer the biggest problem I had was a sharp difficulty spike once I started getting matched against greens and purples. I was using primarily low tier killers like Freddy and Hag(this was before her trap setting speed got buffed) so all of a sudden I went from consistent 3-4ks to getting completely demolished time after time. Got better as I got more used to it but the spike felt very abrupt and I can see why it turns a lot of players off from playing killer.

• MySpaceBarsBroken
    MySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167

The biggest problems for me as a killer is it's way too easy to kill everyone. They all die or dc in 90 seconds.

• graveyard_7777
    graveyard_7777 Member Posts: 269

Main problem is the hatemail after getting 4k

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    edited July 2019

My main problem? Whenever I try out a new killer(Nurse recently), I get toxic cocky survivors say stuff like "EZ CLAP" "BABI NURSE GG EZ" "Don't you know you're supposed to hook us?" "LMAO"

T-bagging at pallets for no reason then disconnecting when I down them

Doing gens and letting me yoink them, then they disconnect for being potatoes.

Running around like an idiot behind me and suiciding on hook when I hook them

Gen Rushing when I am playing respectful killer and being called an EZ killer noob

So do you want me to hook you all and kill you all and also put on NOED to satisfy your salty butts? Do you want me to insidious camp? Want me to summon ebony moris for you guys? >:(

And whenever I use a (slightly) toxic build, I get cute new survivors that I am forced to spare. It's not fair when I don't know when to activate toxic mode or respectful killer mode. :(

(Take note that I hook everyone twice and slug people to let them escape, unless someone is toxic in-game)

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

My problems went in this order

1) Lack of knowledge about power nuances

2) Lack of map knowledge

3) Lack of knowledge about survivor perks

4) Hit boxes

After all of that it was all Survivor Salt.

Then I upped my Privacy settings and everything was fine after that.

I dont care about 4Ks. Gen rushers only bother me because I dont see it as fun, but whatever they want to leave with only 10k in their pocket, whatever. I play mosty mind game killers, so survivors dont butt dance or tea bag for long (every time someone ends up on the hook, its hilarious.)

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

My logic for all this is just kill them all and move on

• PoisonHurts
    PoisonHurts Member Posts: 48

I agree this is why they need causal mode and try hard mode. I think both models should have a rank system but if I'm playing killer just trying to chill and have a fun time I want casual gameplay where people won't be trying so hard and getting mad, or teabagging. If I'm practicing my nurse and wanna go try hard then I would play on the try hard mode. The only problem is I dont know if dbd has enough people on at one time to be able to do this.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

Killer has it generally very easy in low ranks, so the problem is you will develop bad-habits before the difficulty-curve shoots upwards.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Honestly I haven’t been that rank in a long time, the only thing I can tell you is learn that face-camping isn’t viable before you rank up.

• Nocta
    Nocta Member Posts: 6

This may sound stupid, but I bought the game with a plan of being a killer main, cause I thought as a surv it will be like playing something along the lines of outlast. And I'm a chicken for horror, so I thought if I'm the killer I will not be scared. After a couple of tries, I went onto surv path as well just to test it out, but found the killer route more fun. I bought myself the legion dlc and begun playing as the legion, and that is were the problems begun occurring. The salt and pure rudeness was just overpowering. I'd do the gg at the end and if someone wrote something back i'd read it just out of curiosity. And the amount of venom spat at me was just hard. I know I shouldn't take it hard, but as a freshe to the game, constantly reading stuff like how bad I am and how I should "learn to play the game" or that I am cheating if I did hang someone was just unpleasant. I was bad, but I was new too so not surprising. Now as I improved I get more salt for killing survs, but I don't care anymore. I just close the chat. Overall, between killer and surv, I've noticed that survs are more rude, salty and toxic in chat than killers.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

This game is really not noob friendly, unfortunately :/

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Well when i was new, my biggest problem was infinites.

• MySpaceBarsBroken

The survivors run away from me when they should just go stand by the hook and wait for me to pass judgement on their pathetic existence.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I think casual and ranked modes would be a very smart idea. The only issue is that most people would play casual leaving ranked lobbies dead.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

If that happens that would confirm changing something about ranking up, maybe put in a leaderboard instead?

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

That is the biggest issue. Unfortunately, instead of running towards me or allowing me to grab them out of a locker, they book it. Maybe they should read the Killer's Rule Book For Survivors. That does exist...right?

• MySpaceBarsBroken

@DetailedDetriment If the survivor doesnt read or play by the handbook, they should be banned imo

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

Biggest struggle is getting the perk setup you want so you can play how you want. Don't use iredecent shards to buy blood points though

• NoMitherPlayer
    NoMitherPlayer Member Posts: 174

Unlike everyone else, I'll be honest. At first I had to camp, because playing killer is too hard, at first.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Smurfing. Getting rekt by a SWF squad as a rank 20 with the ranks looking something like 19, 5, 3, 2 almost made me quit.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

This! This this this this this this this. I'm fine being an Ebony Mori insidious basement camping Nurse with Omegablink, but only if the Surviviors are sandbagging T baggers with 2 battery add ons to click spam me to insanity

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    edited July 2019

Hope you have found the potential in Hag, she's insanely difficult to play against for a survivor main like me who doesn't use a mental checkboard to know where the traps might, and are. Definitely a gamble on the Hag though!