You should not be allowed to remove your RBT on the first box.

What is the point of having a time wasting power if it removed 12seconds of their time? Like 4*12= 48 seconds. Using ALL your base trap could result in only 48seconds of slowing down the game. Pls just make it so that the 1st box never has the key.

Comments

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

48 seconds believe it or not is longer then ruin is.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You shouldn’t be forced to search every box. RNG is RNG.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

I rly hate the RBT, because the killer player has no control about it.

And I think many addons are just useless, because RNG.

This is why I want it more like this:

This would be my idea.

I hope you guys understand it.

jigsaw box key chance:

The Player has different RBT.

The Player choose, how many jigsaw boxes the survivors need.

The Player can choose them with 1,2,3(numpad) and then

use them with the killer ability.

Without Addons:

1 RBT with 100% key chance in the second jigsaw box from the survivor with this RBT.

1 RBT with 100% key chance in the third jigsaw box from the survivor with this RBT.

2 RBT with 100% key chance in the fourth jigsaw box from the survivor with this RBT.

Last Will:

1 RBT with 100% key chance in the second jigsaw box from the survivor with this RBT.

2 RBT with 100% key chance in the third jigsaw box from the survivor with this RBT.

2 RBT with 100% key chance in the fourth jigsaw box from the survivor with this RBT.

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

I think that's just the risk of playing the killer, it only takes you a few seconds to put it on a surv and it takes them more then that to put it on. You still net a decent advantage of time on trapping people if they get it off on their first try. 48 seconds is a bit more significant then you may think. That 48 seconds could have been used on gens that prevented the last gen from being done, allowing you to hook the person you were chasing and deny them adrenaline. Thats also assuming that you don't take into the account that they don't need to move over to the box to even begin to take it off, displacing them and forcing them to take even more time to get back to whatever they were doing.

Making it so it's impossible to get your RBT off at the first box would cause more issues then good by the way I see it. But I don't entirely disagree with you, about RBTs I think they could be a little bit better in a different way, outside of time.

(I also highly doubt that a whole team would get their RBT off on the very first try.)

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

I just think the concept of the RBT is flawed and the devs should re-visit their original intentions. It should not be about time, but survivors having a catch-22 decision whether to betray each other by finishing generators when someone has an RBT stuck on them.

• GrootDude

I get getting the trap off on your first search is annoying for the killer but it is also annoying whenever you have to search every box or hopelessly die, knowing you can’t do anything about it.

Her traps should be skillful, RNG shouldn’t determine if someone lives or dies.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

I don't think it should be entirely RNG either, but it already isn't. There is very little chance of being killed by an RBT. Instead the RBT is being used simply to stall the survivors, but it doesn't work because they have plenty of time to get it off, such that there is no catch-22 to completing a generator and starting the clock.

The survivors should be forced into difficult decisions, as that is both thematic to the Pig and finally does something to disrupt their never-changing meta.

• GrootDude

I’d like to remove the rng factor and make it more than searching a box. This way, you’d get it off with skill.

• MassiveToggaf
    MassiveToggaf Member Posts: 37

Pig is one of my favorite killers but I've had odd games, most notably when in one match every rbt was removed at the same box. However most games the traps are commonly removed at their first box. But when I play against Pig it often takes me 3-4 boxes to get it off.

I do think it needs work but I can't say what the best way to approach is.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

Honestly I think it’s fine as it is. It’s supposed to be a guessing game to get your trap off.

The pig just needs an add-on rework, egc changes for her traps and maybe some small other tweaks here and there. Her old 28m terror radius should come back as well.

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

@Sairek I’ve always liked that idea.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

If you wanna make survivors lose even more time then maybe RBTs should no longer provide free moris.

• purebalance7
    purebalance7 Member Posts: 90

That's really bugged then, but the survivors were stupid for doing it when it came to the second person. I usually try to keep track of where someone got a RBT off so I know not to try it. This ability, however, is yet another instance of SWF breaking the game because they can easily call out which box was theirs.

• purebalance7
    purebalance7 Member Posts: 90

I'd be ok with it taking longer, but preventing all actions in the meantime like madness tier 3(but including unhooking etc).

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

That’s not how it works. The keys for each trap are randomly assigned at the beginning of the match so yes a box can have more than one key inside. They mentioned this on a dev stream awhile back.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I'd make it always require exactly 2 boxes (or 3 depending on how we want the numbers to work. Not 4 though, never 4)

• OpenYoureyes
    OpenYoureyes Member Posts: 111

Luck is luck

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Sairek

Have 5 Jigsaw Boxes in every map, and this will be great addition to Pig because you can't guarantee 1 of the traps being a free kill.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

@OinkGirlMain

Btw what's your favorite Pig build and addons?

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

With this thought process, I think a good way for the traps to work would be this:

Traps require two keys to unlock.

The first key can be found in any box. If the trap is powered before the first key, finding said key will restart the timer and pause it until it is powered again. However, the kill timer is halved, so be quick!

The second key is linked to a random box, and the chances of finding the key increase with each failed search. If the trap is powered, you have two minutes to find the second key or the trap will pop. If EGC reaches 50%, the trap activates. Failed skill checks injure the survivor.

If a trapped survivor finds teammate, the teammate can fiddle with the helmet to slow down the timer. A failed skillcheck will restart any fiddle progress, so be precise or go own your own!