Endgame Needs A REWORK!

It’s nearly impossible to escape when you’re the last survivor and the killer closes the hatch, there’s not enough time to escape when the killers can make their way back and fourth between the exit gates in seconds, not to mention The Hillbilly can literally sprint back and fourth between them. It’s getting harder and harder to survive as a survivor because everything seems to be tipped in the killers favour. Can you please rework it to make it more fair, thank you.

Comments

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

Here listen only killer. Why are you going to remove 4k easy?

Bye

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283

If your team didn't repair all the generators, and you didn't find the hatch in time, why should you get a free escape?

The gates being powered when the hatch is closed and everyone is dead is already a privilege.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

It's not impossible (even against the Hillbilly, even though you need a lot of luck vs him), you need to be smart and choose the right moment to open the gate. A little trick is to open the gate a bit (not more than 25%) and then hide, so the red light won't turn on and the killer will think you're not there, then you can resume opening the gate and you'll have to be exposed for less time.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Your team failed to do gens and you failed to find the hatch. You failed it's as simple as that.

• slipttees

How much easier for the killer better! lol

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@SeanLeo97 Hai, Surv Main here.

The only thing they could change is the spawning of the gates (if they can)

• slipttees
    edited July 2019

They have several options and do not do it because they do not want to.

1. Gates spawn little more far and Hatch spawn far away Exit Gates
    2. Exit Gates switches lights need 40% to enable the first light
    3. Rework Left Behind to Open Gates 20/25/30% more faster.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

@slipttees

1) that's not going to fix the problem with high mobility killers and it's only really going to cripple slower or M1 Killers

2) could very easily use the lights to your advantage if you can't work of the lights there's your problem not the game's

3) for the love of God stop making this suggestion

• slipttees

No. Just because you don't like ideas. be patience.

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

How is it not fair for the survivor? You failed your objective. You didn't complete your gens. My q, is how in the hell do the gates get power, when there's still 2 gens that weren't completed? I understand giving the hatch to give a chance, but if the killer beats you to it, you should have to hop your ass back on the remaining gens to power the gates! Like I said, YOU FAILED TO COMPLETE YOUR OBJECTIVE. The killer doesn't get a free kill when he fails and everyone escapes.

• SeanLeo97
    SeanLeo97 Member Posts: 59

There should be a chest that spawns randomly on the map during endgame, the chest should have a key inside of it, the timer definitely need some extending because it’s not long enough

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Why do you want a fourth chance of escaping alongside your third?

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Reminder: The timer was originally 3 minutes. That was way too good for survivors thus it got reduced to 2 minutes. As for the 1st part... Lets say you saw the killer close the hatch (2 minute timer starts), you use your plunderers (without it you won't find this secret chest) and it will take x amount of time. Then you need to open it and run back to the hatch. Where is killer's counterplay to that?

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

The Killer with a closed hatch is like a 4man team with powered gates.

If you complete all 5 generators before anyone dies then you will almost always escape.

Conversely if the Killer is able to Kill 3 Survivors and closes the hatch then you will almost always die.

• SeanLeo97

Maybe because my teammates are trash and I shouldn’t suffer because of their mistakes

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

@thedevalex

I mean, it's really not. 2 minutes is not nearly long enough for strategic opening of exit gates. It's only long enough to rely on the killer making a mistake and going to the wrong door first.

I would MUCH rather the hatch just close and not trigger the EGC than what is going on in game currently.

The EGC triggering on a closed hatch is a way for top tier killers to say, "ehh, I don't feel like using my searching skills against this last stealthy survivor, who may or may not outwit me and finish all the gens. I'll just put them in a position, just like what long loops do to me, where he/she has basically one option on how to proceed."

I don't consider that much fun at all.

I thought the "a freshly powered gen will reopen a closed hatch!" notion was a good idea. Whoever scrapped that one?

• TAG

Maybe it is the teammates that need a rework, then. ;)

• michaelrandom27
    michaelrandom27 Member Posts: 100

So because everyone else decided not to repair the generators, the last survivor has to suffer for it? Killers always find the hatch first because they don't have to worry about being seen by the survivor, and they move much faster. It's extremely unfair.

• TAG

What about the games where the Killer does not find the Hatch first?

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

@Kind_Lemon There is enough time. Do you really search for the hatch? I only do against a Nurse or a Billy and/or when I notice that the exits are close together (I automatically watch out for them during the match). Else I sneak to an exit gate, hide (sometimes the killer will search them first before closing the hatch) until he closes the hatch. Then I open the gate for 4s (~20%) so the red light does not show, hide again until the killer checked it and then open it. Spine Chill is highly recommended for this!

This works 75% of all times. Other 25% are exits with LOS, Nurse, Billy or sniping Huntress.

• Knayter
    Knayter Member Posts: 117

Maybe like when there is one survivor remaining and not all 5 gens are powered, closing the hatch will start a 3 minutes EGC instead of 2

• Kind_Lemon
    edited July 2019

... @LapisInfernalis are you seriously asking me if I was actively trying to survive or not? Of course I was looking out for the hatch.

The situation:

I was an OoO user with Sole Survivor against Ghostface. 

GhostFace found the hatch and closed it. The exit gates were not super close, but not super far. It took me a while to get over to the gates while avoiding detection (farm map with mostly corn between the gates, can't look at GhostFace at all because he'll get the notification, which is stupid). Because he would get a notification if I glanced at him, I wanted to be sure he wasn't near me as much as possible. I decided after ~10 seconds which gate I would open to tigger the first light and which gate I would open after that. It took me over a minute to get to one gate, open it to ~20% when GhostFace moved away, and then sneakily traverse the map to get to the other gate. When GhostFace decided that the 20% door was my goal, he waddled over to my gate, which wasn't done. I didn't want to be seen, so I started walking away to get to the other gate (because I didn't want to be passive and hide in a corner just letting GhostFace do the tedious chore of going back and forth). By then the timer was very low, and neither of the gates were that close to being opened. So I had to run, not looking back to see what GhostFace was doing because the STUPID NOTIFICATION WOULD REVEAL ME. cough...my apologies for the vehemence.

In the end, I died because the timer at the top didn't allow me to contribute a type of play style that involved giving more, occasionally false, information to the killer over a longer period.

The way the timer functions upon a closed hatch stifles interactive play. There is only one way to open exit gates: hope the killer checks the wrong one while you open the other. It's not a result of planning in tandem with the killer's response to new information; it's just relying on skill-less luck.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

"oh no, I played suboptimally by just running back and forth, rather than knowing that lights don't come on at a gate until 30% so I could just commit, and bringing a perk that's a hindrance to both sides"

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@SeanLeo97 repair five generators before the killer kills all three of your teammates. Then you're in a good spot.

Also, if you're smart, you can start looking for the Hatch BEFORE your last friend is killed. Then, just let them die and escape.

Why would you think you should win if it's only you against the killer? Makes no sense.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

@Kind_Lemon

1. OoO with Sole Survivor is no problem at all if you are the last, but I assume that your Sole Survivor was of lower Tier than OoO so the killer could have actually seen you. Else this would have made it easier.

Your idea to open both exits a bit is interesting, but too complicated. I tried it once and noticed immediately that there is not enough time for this. My other strategy was too luck based (waiting until the last 30s). Sometimes you have to think and act quick.

And yes I thought it would make more sense not to look for the hatch (unless I know where it is of cause), because the killer would too. And when I tried, he found me first or closed in front of me. So I stay away from it. And well... I survived the EGC more often.

• Kind_Lemon

@LapisInfernalis

well, no to the OoO and Sole Survivor thing. It was Ghostface. My Sole Survivor covered my OoO, but if I looked at Ghostface, he would get his reveal indicators that would pinpoint my location, which is a bad thing. That's why I was annoyed. I may not have conveyed that correctly.

Thank you for thinking my attempt at escape was interesting. I thought so too, and my point is that the Endgame takes away that kind of interesting play just because of the overbearing timer that is the one game-changing thing about the EGC collapse.

Personally, I thought looking for the hatch in those scenarios where I had an eye on the killer would allow me to see if Ghostface found the hatch first, therefore telling me that my search was in vain and that I should wait by a door until he closes it. Ghostface closed it immediately, giving me little time to act on the information I had.

Thank you for your kind reply to my comment. I appreciate it.

• michaelrandom27
    michaelrandom27 Member Posts: 100

They don't have to find it first. The killer can still win by getting there before it opens and using their unfair advantage to close it anyway.

Even a slow Myers can do this, which is sad. Skip to 14:52.

• TAG

What about games where they don't get there before it opens?

• VolatileJynx
    VolatileJynx Member Posts: 1

I disagree, but it is annoying when they down you, close the hatch, and then just stand there watching you bleed out/get killed by the entity. Thats 2 minutes when the killer could just hook you and be done with it. I think if you're the last one down, the hatch is closed, and you don't have adrenaline then the game should just end. Unbreakable wouldn't be viable cause the killer is literally right there and the hatch is closed anyways. So the game should just end and the killer get points for letting a survivor bleed out.

• SeanLeo97

Even more annoying is the fact that the trapper will trap exit gates making it impossible for you to escape

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Most of the time though, more than one survivor will make it to endgame, so... I don't see what the problem is.

I have also seen enough times where the last survivor has a hatch key, allowing them to escape...

• ClickNinja
    ClickNinja Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2019

"Endgame Needs A REWORK!"

Yes!! You can also see my thread in which I said some of the same things and of course got flamed like crazy:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/576069

The end game completely sucks for solo survivors now, doesn't matter if you're good - if your team sucks you lose, even if your team is OK you're F*cked.

Post edited by ClickNinja on
  • Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310

Not at all, Hillbilly goes like a car, you wont go from 25 to 100 without him coming back again, noticing the lights.

• Aikanaro

Because thats what happens in the movies, even a last standing girl can waste the killer...

• Aikanaro

Nope, it is just a dumb way to prolong the game, totally useless.