The grind is unreal

Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Can we at least get a double bp weekend once a month to alleviate the amount of grind needed to get anything done?

Comments

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

The grind is now worse than what it was to get legacy ;)

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited July 2019

Personally I like the way it is =p but hey I’d be down for double bp week.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Hey, I'm down😅

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I agree with this, as someone who was there during legacy it's just as bad if not worse.

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68

either that or lower the perks from 7000 and 8000 down to 3000 and 4000 only .

• Akarate_Dolphin
    Akarate_Dolphin Member Posts: 201
    edited July 2019

Seriously though. The grind is too much, it just makes me not want to play the game. People have suggested letting you get multiple perks per blood web, and just upgrading the perks after you've unlocked them in the web.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Yes, please! HATE the grind.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

There are several ways you could ease the grind.

1. Increase overall amount of BP gained.
    2. Remove perk levels, so that they're already at tier 3 when you unlock them.
    3. Let us get several perks per bloodweb.
    4. Reduce the cost of nodes in the bloodweb.

I've an old thread with a suggestion on how to improve the BP offerings to actually be useful. The TL:DR version is that we change the 15 (16 for survivors) offerings to 8 for either side while also improving even the cheapest offering to let you earn more BP.

Here's a link, in case anyone wanna read it → https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46827/a-rework-of-bloodpoint-offerings/p1

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I just want an increase in survivor BP gains. Killer's so much better at getting BP.

• Akarate_Dolphin
    Akarate_Dolphin Member Posts: 201

Removing perk levels would definitely be good. Not sure if a whole lot of people would support it though, they actually enjoy the grind.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@se05239

I liked @DocOctober's idea about only getting tier I perks, then using them to level them up. In theory, you could get all tier I perks, and be done with the grind because the rest involves using the perks to get their tier III values.

• MarksmanSpecal
    MarksmanSpecal Member Posts: 117

Everyone, who's not a hardcore masochist, hates this ridiculous grind.

But some will cry, cause they invested lots of time to grind, getting all perks. I guess, this is the problem

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I agree with removing perk levels. We don't need them anymore and the grind would be much better without them.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Tell it to mortal kombat 11. Have fun trying to get all cosmetics to all characters. The most costumes that I've get is on the shang tsung and still I didn't unlock half of them.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Oh and also in the krypt in order to open all heart chest you need at least 8k hearts and the only way to get them is to complete the fatality and brutality and you only get +3/+5 per match 👍 Ah and yeah you can get also bonus from the towers if you do at least all brutalities and win the matches in the shortest time you can make it.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

The devs decided that the best way to take care of the bloodpoint grind was to sell us battlepasses instead.

You can pay to grind for cosmetics instead of grinding for viable perks through hundreds of matches and millions of bloodpoints.

PS 21,700 iri shards takes about 450 matches to get as another example of a ridiculous grind built into this game.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,339

@SpaceCoconut Considering the battlepass thing is JUST cosmetics, I think bringing it up here is a little off topic. The battlepass would just be a bonus, not something that actually affects your games.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    edited July 2019

Is it or is it not a grind?

Any time you spend grinding on the battlepass is time you aren't spending grinding for bloodpoints and perks.

As a result, increasing the original grind by that amount.

• Tensor
    Tensor Member Posts: 254

Devotion Points/Rank???????

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

The grind is doubly aggravated by the fact that there is so much useless junk in the Bloodwebs.

Chalk and Salt ? Luck only affect escapes from hooks and bear traps. Reagents ? The effect is barely noticeable and who the hell uses the clear one ? Oak Branches ? Once in a blue moon you see survivors use one, wich does not really do anything and killers don't ever need them.

And then there is the calvalcade of useless add-ons, wich in not going to list because it would take forever.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited July 2019

That all depends on whether the archive uses bloodpoints, devotion or something else. Personally I can't see them using bloodpoints making the grind harder when they have said they are looking at ways to decrease it.

If they do remove the grind from levelling up then it just becomes something else to grind for that has no impact on the gameplay itself and gives players that enjoy grinding another goal to achieve through playing which is not a bad thing.

We know very little about the archive itself apart from it won't have any P2W aspects as per stated by Horvath in the anniversary stream.

We will just have to wait and see.

Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • Sushi_x2099
    Sushi_x2099 Member Posts: 39

what they do need to deal with is devotion since u dont get anything for having it and give shards a increase it takes forever to get and cosmetics that use shards is overpriced just like auric cells

• lazerlight
    lazerlight Member Posts: 353

They really have to add stuff to devotion, rank resets and prestige... Like....

I understand adding rewards for rank resets and prestige could take some coding but..... increasing the max amount of shards you get from leveling up your devotion is literally... so easy???

Just go into the code file, ctrl+f 300, search for the 300 that stands for the value of the max iri-shards, and raise it...

The least they can do is change it to 350...

Like, seriously, you'd think that by how many new game-affecting bugs we get with every update they'd feel bad enough to give us something extra as a means to balance that out, but no.