Auric Cells Packs & Cosmetic Pricings

lazerlight
lazerlight Member Posts: 353
edited July 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Okay, so hear me out.

I'm kinda peeved at the moment, and thats because i dont see what the point of receiving a "bonus" 100 cells when you get the $10 cell pack is if you're gonna loose those same cells on a 1100 outfit... aren't bonus things supposed to be... bonus? I have absolutely no problem with paying $10 for an outfit. I want to support the artists and devs on the dbd team. I've bought character bundles and more than three outfits now... so I dont have a problem with the prices of the outfits being equal to real life $10.

What I do have a problem with... is the 100 cells that we get as a bonus, that we STILL have to spend on an 1,100 outfit if we want to get it... so... why not just make the cell packs have no bonus??

I understand wanting to get the player to get the bigger cell packs for more monetary gain. And I respect that, but... you know... why dont we get to keep those bonus cells after buying an outfit? Why do the outfits cost 1100 instead of just 1k? We would still have to spend $100 to accumulate 1k cells from all the bonuses....

I really think cosmetic pricings should be rounded down to a flat 1k. So, when we get enough cells, we can spend our real time money on outfits, and maybe get a little something extra, as an added thank you.

Post edited by lazerlight on

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Its a mindtrick used to make you believe that these Auric Cell packs are worth more than they actually are. Microtransactions are all about making that dough.

• lazerlight
    edited July 2019

I know how micro transactions & "mind tricks" work, which is exactly why they need to change it because it's so blatantly obvious that its a trick. If they let us keep atleast 80-60 cells (making outfits cost 1,020-1,040) out of every outfit we bought it would make us come back for more... well... even MORE! Cuz we know we'll have a higher chance at getting a little something extra the more things we buy!

Its the least they can do from all the constant game affecting bugs we have to endure from a *payed* game. And its not like they're getting more than ten bucks whenever we buy a full outfit.

• MoonwalkMyers
    MoonwalkMyers Member Posts: 82

Real Talk

• lazerlight

commenting on this, cuz it's still relevant

• IshinSolarc
    IshinSolarc Member Posts: 114

long story short:

is about the devs trying to sell the product in a way that gets the customer's attention. Even if the customers are not a fools, it makes them start thinking on how buying it would be beneficial to them, increasing the odds of them buying it.

• lazerlight
    edited December 2020

This method doesnt increase the odds of buying the packs after you've bought the first pack and discover it's meaningless. All it does is make people go "that isnt a bonus. But I want this outfit so i have no choice"

People buy cell packs simply because they want the outfits, not because of the "bonuses".

Post edited by lazerlight on