Old Freddy sucks...but... will you kind of miss him?

Victor_hensley
Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Old Freddy is horrible and needed a rework since launch...but due too how long we had him... I think I will kind of miss him. he was memed to hell and back...but... that kind of made him memorable and maybe even...charming? New Freddy will be better, you can debate how much better, but he is still better anyway, but I will always remember old Freddy...will you?

Comments

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

nah, I've never felt much for pixels. For something that would be real, I would cry my eyes out, but for a bunch of pixels, nope.

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265

Honestly.. I will miss that guy. He is a legend.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Oh yes, I miss pretty much everything that was in the game then removed, good or bad. It's just how I am *shrug

I always take screenshots of things i know are being changed in the next patch

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Kinda. I recognize OF potential. He could be amazing if people just learned. It's a shame.

• MassiveToggaf
    MassiveToggaf Member Posts: 37

I kinda will after having so many great matches with him. I think atm I have my longest 4k streak with him which only Michael comes close to for me. Granted this is because i dont play Billy, Nurse, or Spirit but that's because I'm trash both with them and in general.

However I dont think Freddy is nearly as bad as people make him out to be. He's not amazing but for killers that dont have map pressure they NEED to be able to slow down the game and he does really well at that if you know when to rotate and when to commit.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I'm 100% gonna miss him, he was my main since he released because he fit my playstyle the most, it took a while to try and figure him out but I did and he got me to rank 1, i have many fond memories with old Freddy, I'm very glad I made those memories, the good, and the bad.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" -Dr.Seuss

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,010

Not even a tiny bit.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Yeah, I'll miss old Freddy. His power made him weak and a rework was necessary but he has grown on me. I hope I'll like new Freddy as much as the old one.

• browalker15
    browalker15 Member Posts: 93

Yeah I'll miss him. When i first got him, he felt like the most fun killer to play. Something about being invisible and being able to get close to survivors without a clue was fun and they couldn't body block or really do much against Freddy if they were awake. But i welcome the new Freddy and can't wait to use him.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Yeah i will

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Rip old Freddy he was the only killer that stay tracking even when you leave him behind

• Ghostingmyteammates
    Ghostingmyteammates Member Posts: 216

######### no. he had to wait 7 seconds to attack in wich survivors can easily abuse the stupid mechanic by being in front of freddy while not asleep so it ######### TARGETS THE NOT ASLEEP TARGET.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

ill just leave this here

to u old Freddy rip buddy

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

If I could, I would want to keep current Freddy as an option.

I'm honestly getting pissed off still reading how many people keep claiming he's bad in his current state. He may be for you guys, since you never got good at playing him.

Freddy mains on the other hand know the potential he has in the right hands and how gimmicky new Freddy is.

New Freddy isn't bad (unless they nerfed him since the PTB), but IMO he'll be worse for a skilled old Freddy main.

I'll miss him.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

Old freddy didn't suck at all. In fact hes better than the reworked version. Its just not a lot of ppl could use his power effectively, and as a result, the devs have listened to all the ppl who dont main him/play him all that often. So hes getting changed unfortunately.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Old Freddy didn't suck.

And yes, he will be missed.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Not at all.

• As frustrating and inconsistent as his old power was, it was very interesting conceptually. Plus, if you had the right add ons and perks he could be made into a much more threatening Killer to play against. Knock Out was always good to use against group of solo Survivors and Overcharge was more practical than you'd think if you were running an anti-gen rush build.

So yeah, now that we're mere hours away from seeing the last of the old Dream Demon, I do find myself to be a bit wistful.

That being said, I do think the new changes are for the better. For all the good times I've had listed above, I've had just as many bad ones that were caused by long chases, easy wake up requirements, and the inability to threaten non-sleeping survivors with my presence. Plus, add-ons can only take you so far unless you're willing to grind the bloodweb a bunch. Same for perks if you want to reach higher Prestige levels.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362

I really enjoyed his ability to juggle survivors. In normal chases, he sucked... but if you took on a hit and run approach like a scratch mirror myers, it made things a whole lot more interesting. His class photo addon when used with nancy's masterpiece was my fav combo, and I actually burned through like 5 bloodwebs looking for a class photo to use the other day to blow some black wards on.

Freddy was the first killer I hit rank 1 with and I kinda take pride in having his profile picture before this rework, when it turned into the cool thing to have all of a sudden.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

RIP old Freddy his final few hours

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i'll miss his Block (especially the Z Block) Add Ons...

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

No.

He was unfun to play against.

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

Absolutely. There was just something really fun about juggling survivors to keep them all in the dream state at the same time.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I will miss the mind games to get that first hit and the information you used to get from sleeped survivors. He is obviosly my main killer. Hell, I bought this game because he was in it! And that wad after I had read his reviews. I said: "cowards! I bet he is not so bad, surely you don't get him". A couple of months later I got to Rank 1 as him (At the time when you could get there without being forced to follow survivor's rules for killers and just play as you like).

I will master this new Dream Master because I am forever his B...est fanboy ;-)

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Class Photo was an incredible add on. I will miss that.

I think Freddy will be better.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362
    edited July 2019

@RoKrueger I usually am against pretty much EVERYTHING you say on these forums but...well said. The mindgames during dream transition was fun, and now the ppl who didnt realize how crap his block addons were BEFORE realize how crap they are NOW. Also nice to see another OG Freddy main. Ive been checking profiles lately to see how many ppl with Freddy icons changed to it THIS MONTH...Its alot...

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I'm sad he's leaving. I just need to play him one last time to say goodbye.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2019

I mained him for hundreds of hours, yes, gonna miss OG Freddy.

Of course people who didnt play him wont care, cool, let them delete your favorite killer/survivor and see how it feels. My builds will no longer work etc, entire playstyle gone.

We shouldve been able to play both of them, at one time I only played Freddy all day everyday.

• katoptris

Actually if that bother you run z block plus paintbrush instant sleep or run both green add on and yellow range add on to sent to Dreamland. If you pair up class with pills or even a range add on you got track of everyone. I remember when Freddy was able to put someone a sleep who hid in a locker just by going to that locker

• katoptris

I always did like running a full skillchecks freddy on the game. Now it gone :(

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Let's understand he was changed primarily because he "wasn't fun to play against".

With that in mind, who are you asking if anybody will miss him? Killers or survivors?

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

Anyone! Do not get me wrong, I think old Freddy is garbage (i'm not going to have a debate about it) and needed a rework, but you will ALWAYS remember how bad old Freddy, which is more than I can say about average killers (cough...cough...the Clown...cough...cough)

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172

Poor Freddy was such a unique killer. As simple as he seemed, he played in an entirely different and exciting way from any other killer when you knew him well. So many interesting tricks and aspects of his ability, vanishing asif they were never there, like some kind of dream pallet.

But there is no doubt, Freddy was clunky and ugly and simply not good for the game as he was. So many parts of his power were so offensive to survivors and killers alike, he couldn't possibly be allowed to survive. I'm sad we will lose him, but I'm glad we won't have the issues he carried anymore. I hope one day we can get a new killer with a more elegant version of his power.

I just finished playing my final game of OG Freddy, but now we have the New Nightmare to enjoy, with still a very unique and interesting play style, and enough familiarity to make a Freddy main feel at home.

I just hope they fix the awkward placement of his snares, they're so finicky right now.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

i will miss the memes he brought us "DARN"

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

No, I won't miss him. But I do think they should have made Original Freddy an option to play in Kill Your Friends.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

I miss Old Freddy. I miss Red Paint Brush, Z-Block, and Monitor and Abuse Freddy for 0 TR in the dream world and 3 second sleep transition on Lery's. Survivors would piss themselves since they expected an easy game only to get Mirror Myers on crack.

I also remember the One Punch Freddy build I ran during the Mettle Of Man crisis. Save The Best For Last, Play With Your Food, Monitor and Abuse, and Rancor. Ignore the Obsession all game (Often a McLoopyPants with MoM + Dead Hard + Decisive Strike + Adrenaline/Deliverance with an instaheal or purple flashlight) and target the 3 gen jockeys, then One-Punch-Mori him at the end.

I loved the salt I'd get because I was pretty good with him even at mid-high ranks. Dream transition mindgames, max range addons and spinning in circles on Rotten Fields to sleep everyone, Pill Bottle gen grabs, etc. I liked the old playstyle of sleeping everyone only to re-engage them later and waste everybody's time so I could get every pallet dropped then survivors were in trouble.

I like New Freddy alot though. Feels way more like Freddy. Just miss the doctor-y playstyle he used to have.