Why PushToTalk is gonna happen?

hahugow
hahugow Member Posts: 126

DBD needs to be a modern game and follow the newest trends, these are VR, AR, and ofc distance-based voice chat is among these

It will create a very interactive experience:

• can express emotions shouting louder to killer or team, so the bigger distance you will be heard
  • can give commands other than come (key 2) and point there (key 1)
  • if you whisper, only the nearby survs may hear you enough
  • your voice inside a locker sounds metalic-like (so cool)
  • tons of fun in YouTube streamings

So you are NOT happy with this feature? NO PROBLEM! you can always decide not to PushToTalk or mark with mute (Esc menu) any of the survs or the killer, so the PushToTalk has to happen!

Comments

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

This won't happen, I like the fact that you think they need to follow some VR trend tho. That's cute

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362
    edited July 2019

Any downsides to the in-game voicechat would simply make ppl not use it when they could use discord instead. Why would I use a chat that the killer can hear, or that only nearby teammates can hear, when I could just use discord. Even if your not a SWF, can simply post a discord link in the lobby before the game starts.

The only benefit an in-game chat would provide over discord is convenience.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

Team based game with no way to actually communicate with your team in game.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362

@PeepingPeacock What are you talking about? I have entire conversations with my team all the time using the crouch button. We'll be at the exit gates talking to each other by t bagging about how well the game went, until the killer chases us off...rude...

• NiteN_⑨
    NiteN_⑨ Member Posts: 37

Survivors have created their own language consisting of tbagging, pointing and beckoning

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

I don’t care if they add it or don’t. It will not affect my gameplay. Most of the time games will give the option to disable.

And maybe this is another way of them creating an objective for survivors. If you want to communicate you have to find this item.

Anywho lore wise this wouldn’t make sense because I thought the characters didn’t speak.

I personally prefer if they just created more ways to communicate that didn’t require talking.

• hahugow

you I also created my own morse code t-bagging teammates, but sometimes they do not understand and give me their items while I just wanted them to start a gennie~

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125

Friday the 13th had voice chat and it usually made people dislike the other counselors more than Jason.

• hahugow
  • prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

this is very true, and even further if some 8years boy never shut

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

"shouting louder to killer"

just what all killers wanted, yay!

• hahugow

Could you just imagine Monto yelling at survs in live matches?

That would be so daRn epic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGWpcuDwB0M

• HeroHero
    HeroHero Member Posts: 12

It's not a problem if some don't like it.

It's a big deal when the majority doesn't.

Even if you mute it, it puts you at a big disadvantage. As a Killer, there is not a single reason to mute. As a Survivor, there is plenty of reason to mute everyone because of the amount of toxicity, but you just can't risk not getting some important information from your team.

The Devs intentionally didn't add a PushToTalk and a chat in order to take that communication away from the Survivors so that they will find other ways to communicate.

• hahugow

Some will prefer muting and some not, I would prefer yelling at survs as killer and talk with survs as surv, not to mention, so much fun in live streams by Monto and so on

The only issue for those who dont like this feature is to mute manually all the times, so should be an option in preferences to save the mute settings

And probably should be displayed in Esc menu who muted you or a small icon over your head when speaking/muted, thats small interface stuff

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845

INB4 old 2012 trolling montages in DBD appear

yeah, it’s a no from me

almost as bad as adding emotes

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    edited July 2019

Well first they need to fix the character animations, I don't wanna talk to someone looking like I'm hunched like a turtle.

Maybe if they tweaked the animations a bit it would be more believable and immersive.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

No, because this would tremendously increase toxicity.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,010

Never (thankfully).

If this thread wasn't enough of an indication, you might be surprised how many people like DBD specifically because it doesn't use voice comms.

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126

Yote

• MassiveToggaf
    MassiveToggaf Member Posts: 37

Im just gonna copy paste my comment from one of the other three ######### threads about this.

I see two things going on in this thread.

Thing the first: People against the idea of In-game comms based off both the game not being designed for it AND experiencing the strength of swf groups using 3rd party comms.

The second one: People in favor of in-game comms citing that it will open up balance changes yet not providing examples of how it can be balanced.

In-game comms don't prevent people from using the 3rd party comms. Yet In-game comms can possibly provide an advantage for killers.

With this in mind what will almost certainly happen is either survivors will completely ignore the in-game comms opting to use 3rd party comms to deny the possible killer advantage, OR they just use it to grief the killer. Only a small percentage will use it the way it's intended.

This is also not considering the amount of people that hate the idea so much they quit the game resulting in a loss of player count leading to longer queues leading to griefing having an even larger impact leading to even more people leaving. It's like some sort of snowball. Granted this is only a possibility, not a certainty.

• Remi1993
    Remi1993 Member Posts: 88

I would just uninstall DbD... I already have enough of SWF talking on discord and telling his teammates where is the killer, now imagine with voice communicate... Then buff all killers to be even stronger.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Won't happen.

Too much toxicity already.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

VR - Yes

Push to Talk - ######### no. Dealt with that dumpster fire in F13 and don't want it in DBD

• hahugow

Too late bro, it has been stablished in the game files within x2 new gestures