A question of clarification...

So before I go all frothing at the mouth "Blarg how DARE you nerf my favorite killer," I figured I'd ask for clarification. Under Balance in the patch notes I found this:

"The Pig's Ambush Attack is no longer considered a basic attack."

My question is, was this introduced so that the Dash counts as a score in the Deviousness category or was this designed so that on-hit effects from perks such as 3rd Seal, NOED, Sloppy Butcher and STBFL no longer are applied or gained when the Dash attack is used.

If the second part of this is the reason why, I am curious as to what was so overpowered about this from one of the most unstealthful stealth attacks in this game?

Comments

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

... at least dash attacks won't take away STBFL stacks... i think?

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

Well Thana would just be injury so it wouldn't matter where it came from.

But yeah after the neccessary, albeit ANNOYING, EGC nerf that had ZERO compensation for the loss of a playstyle, I'm going to be ticked if this is a nerf as well and wonder who at BHVR has a hate-boner for Amanda.

• Khroalthemadbomber

Confirmed Things that Do Not Apply: Remember Me, Save the Best for Last, Third Seal. I will add more as I find them...

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862
    edited July 2019

ok but why dont you guys try it out ? isnt the patch out yet ? is it not the one we just got?

edit: nvm someone did it

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

@Khroalthemadbomber this is BS. Pig is one of the most fun killers to play because of her kit. Thats a bit scuffed. If Nurses blink still count then this is op. Ambush isn't always easy to land

• Khroalthemadbomber

Ok THANKFULLY Rancor seems to work so I PRESUME that all Exposed effects work as well but that remains to be seen as I've not tested yet.

Remaining to be tested: NOED, Sloppy Butcher, Haunted Ground, Dark Devotion, Play With Your Food (want to see if the ambush causes you to lose tokens.)

• Khroalthemadbomber

SO! The final tally for WHAT works with Ambush and what does not:

Does Work:

Anything that offers 'Exposed,' and Sloppy Butcher.

What Does Not: 

Save The Best For Last, Hex: The Third Seal, Remember Me, Dark Devotion, Franklin's Demise

What shouldn't even be tried:

Play With Your Food. You lose tokens the moment you activate the ambush, whether you fully charge it or not. 

Once again, I would like to know, why was this changed?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited July 2019

Lol, Exposed works, but The Third Seal doesn't?

Yeah, cause THAT would otherwise make Blindness stronger than Exposed.

Post edited by Boss on
  • Khroalthemadbomber

So OBVIOUSLY the devs expected people to bring up the Pig changes but seemed grateful that no one did as was noted with the quote of "Let me guess, it's about Pig?"

I want to know why these changes were made please.

• fly_172
    fly_172 Member Posts: 78

Okay but like...why? They nerfed her end game foothold (which was a shame because I was looking forward to playing against end game piggy’s for some excitement), but at least you could track the logic of that decision, even if I personally didn’t think it was necessary. I can’t do that with this tho, dash attacks aren’t that much stronger than standard ones, and only keeping some effects but removing others? Poor piggy’s turning into bacon bits...

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

I dunno why they didnt address it in the live stream..... like it slid under peoples radar... like I know pig is niche but damn....

• Khroalthemadbomber

Like I said they obviously figured people were going to be pissed judging by the quote on stream but seemed grateful that no one brought it up.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

These turn of events are disgusting.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Next time be careful if they make skins for Myers, Bubba or Freddy. 😀

• Khroalthemadbomber

While we're ON that subject, Ghostface has a new cosmetic coming...

BHVR: "Come here! Come here! Get the cosmetics boy! Come get them!"

-takes tentative step forward-

BHVR: -proceeds to beat senseless with nerf bat-

• Khroalthemadbomber

Me: ...

Devs: "So yeah! We nerfed Pig's Ambush, but hey! She crouches and uncrouches faster and that's a good tradeoff, right?"

Me: ...

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

This made me giggle^^, but I can fully understand your reaction, had a pretty similar a while ago.

• Khroalthemadbomber

All I can do is laugh because it's obvious I'm not going to get ######### from the devs as to why they've done this despite my numerous attempts.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

They even purposefully side stepped it on the Q&A stream lol. One of them assumed they'd be talking about it on the stream but immediately had that thought cut off

• Khroalthemadbomber

Oh I know I saw it...

Look on his face: BULLET DODGED!

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited July 2019

Well, that's why I avoid watching dev streams of any sort for the most games.

You barely get there the answers you are looking for.

Would they actualy pic up every question from their communitys and answer them, I would think differently.

And yes, some question getting asked again and again, but there is a easy solution to it-> Then make finaly what the community like to see and voila the question comes not anymore up.

• Khroalthemadbomber

Updated List thanks to Chi here on the forums;

Does Work:

Anything that offers 'Exposed,' and Sloppy Butcher.

What Does Not: 

Save The Best For Last (can not gain or lose stacks), Hex: The Third Seal, Remember Me (can not gain stacks), Dark Devotion, Franklin's Demise, Mettle of Man (can not gain stacks as survivor)

What shouldn't even be tried:

Play With Your Food. You lose tokens the moment you activate the ambush, whether you fully charge it or not.

So survivors are unable to gain MoM stacks versus Pig ambush.

• Khroalthemadbomber

Well I've posted to the Reddit AMA about this so if I get a response I'll post the answer here.

• Khroalthemadbomber

Ok I doubt my question is going to get answered. With that in mind, I THINK these two answers to other posts are the closest I'm going to get to WHY the Ambush got changed:

"Hi -insertnamehere-, we will be looking into her add-ons at some point, and we have other changes coming. We started this year by buffing her crouch/ uncrouch timings and recently changed the crouch speed curve to make it much more smooth."

"The Pig just got a tiny adjustment in the recent mid-chapter patch to make her crouch work a bit smother. On top of this, there will be another change coming at a later stage that will affect her stealth ability. More info soonTM."

So SOMETHING is going to happen to her Stealth. Whatever that is, is warranting this premature nerf apparently...

• Khroalthemadbomber

From MClean on his Discord:

"@Khroal the Mad Bomber We're slowly formalizing the basic attack system. Things like bear traps, hatchets, vomit, chainsaws and the ambush attack are not counted as basic attacks

We can't go on a case-by-case basis for every interaction between every attack type and every attack-triggered perk

It's a big cleanup, since there are a lot of perks that trigger off attacks, and there are quite a few different attacks in the game

Deciding whether an attack is a basic attack or not should be based on whether it satisfies the criteria we expect from a basic attack ("is it pretty much just a regular ol' lunge?") rather than the perceived power level of the character

I expect Sloppy Butcher will be updated to trigger on basic attacks."

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

Well thats bullshit

• Khroalthemadbomber

What I'm taking from this is that they decided to change game mechanics AGAIN and because of this, Pig gets nerfed. AGAIN.

• Khroalthemadbomber

So final confirmation: the reason Pig got nerfed is because they decided to change game mechanics again and once again, Pig got caught in the crossfire.

Basically if the killer's power scoring sequence does not end with you using M1 to hit the survivor, it will no longer be eligible for perks that require basic attacks.